Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ndsu

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    The Homer side of me is thinking...we have a great running back, a good quarterback, have a nice win streak going at home, and are playing a team that is due to have an off game. Also the fact that it's a rivalry game, and you never know what could happen.

The Football fan side of me...who likes to watch line play, and execution...is very worried. This NDSU team is probably better than the last 2, and they won they national title.

Last year, week in and week out, I saw our O-Line Blow open holes for Zenner against everyone...except NDSU. They dominated at the line of scrimmage. I'm afraid of this result again.

But, I'll be there, and I'll be cheering loud. Go Jacks! Give em heck.
    I'm much more concerned with the defense. This change in scheme is not working. We're not playing gap-sound defense like in the past. Manning everyone up causes our LBs to have to make too many reads before reacting and shifts them out of position. Our D-line, while good, is not supremely talented enough to do what is required of them in our new defensive scheme. I have no idea why we changed a system that wasn't broken.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      I'm much more concerned with the defense. This change in scheme is not working. We're not playing gap-sound defense like in the past. Manning everyone up causes our LBs to have to make too many reads before reacting and shifts them out of position. Our D-line, while good, is not supremely talented enough to do what is required of them in our new defensive scheme. I have no idea why we changed a system that wasn't broken.
      I am still hopeful that long-term the change will be a net positive. Any time you make a change, there are going to be some bumps in the road.

I hope...
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Well I personally don't like the way our DB's line up 8 to 9 yards off the WR, and in my mind that was the part most broken before on D. However from my perspective, that is an area that was not changed. Sure is a good thing I'm not the coach. Nobody would like the way I would do things, and likely I wouldn't win.

Nebraska Rant: If at any time in any game you are not playing to win. Go shake hands. you are embarrassing your self. Not directed at the Players as it appeared they gave 100% the whole time. But if we don't try for the win at all times we shouldn't be on the field. Perhaps I grew up with a different mentality, Perhaps my Logic is flawed. Certainly I am flawed so it is hard to be overly critical, doesn't change my feelings much though.

Comment

For the love of Christ....would everybody just sack up. Holy **** I haven't seen this much whining on a board since some player cheap shotted every NDSU player in existence.(it was a truly incredible play how one guy singlehandedly destroyed the knees on every player to ever have worn the teal and off-gold. Can't remember who they were playing). You act like we just got beat by USD last week, same colors, different assholes. 3 things that are going to happen:

1. Bissssssson fans complain about tailgating in grass. Grass is a strange substance to the Bisssssson, odd since that is the number 1 feature of th landscape up there in Canada.
          2. Bissssssson fans complain about porta pottys. (really I should just put down that the Bissssssson fans will complain.)
          3. ZZ gets his yards and the Jacks win.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            Well I personally don't like the way our DB's line up 8 to 9 yards off the WR, and in my mind that was the part most broken before on D. However from my perspective, that is an area that was not changed. Sure is a good thing I'm not the coach. Nobody would like the way I would do things, and likely I wouldn't win.

Nebraska Rant: If at any time in any game you are not playing to win. Go shake hands. you are embarrassing your self. Not directed at the Players as it appeared they gave 100% the whole time. But if we don't try for the win at all times we shouldn't be on the field. Perhaps I grew up with a different mentality, Perhaps my Logic is flawed. Certainly I am flawed so it is hard to be overly critical, doesn't change my feelings much though.
            Since you mentioned it....I think we should once in awhile line chk, jam, obstruct,slow down the WR when contact is allowed in the first ??? so many yards from the LOS (is this allowed in college football,i know it is in the pro's) and then hand him off to the deep guy,just to disrupt the timing of the QB and his recievers,anything to make the QB have to keep the ball a little longer waiting for his recievers to get open.

This will allow the DL to put much more pressure on the QB,possibly resulting in poor throw,or sack,maybe INT.

Making the QB feel uncomfortable in the pocket can reap rewards thru out the game.

Provide different looks on defense,especially after they've been watching your game defense on film all week long.

This might be a problem if we haven't practiced to be a disruptive defense,and only know how to play one way.Making changes that haven't been practiced enough can end up doing more harm than good.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-25-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Since you mentioned it....I think we should line chk, jam, obstruct,slow down the WR when contact is allowed in the first ??? so many yards from the LOS (is this allowed in college football,i know it is in the pro's) and then hand him off to the deep guy,just to disrupt the timing of the QB and his recievers,anything to make the QB have to keep the ball a little longer waiting for his recievers to get open.

This will allow the DL to put much more pressure on the QB,possibly resulting in poor throw,or sack,maybe INT.

Making the QB feel uncomfortable in the pocket can reap rewards thru out the game.
              I agree whole hearted-ly with this, However we are playing not to get beat on the deep route ( if any coach could figure out to hit a quick 5 yrd route every play we COULD NOT STOP IT!). When I last played ball (In HS) we were allowed to JAM the receiver within 5YDs of the LOS, so we did. I would think that that is still allowed in the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                For the love of Christ....would everybody just sack up. Holy **** I haven't seen this much whining on a board since some player cheap shotted every NDSU player in existence.(it was a truly incredible play how one guy singlehandedly destroyed the knees on every player to ever have worn the teal and off-gold. Can't remember who they were playing). You act like we just got beat by USD last week, same colors, different assholes. 3 things that are going to happen:

1. Bissssssson fans complain about tailgating in grass. Grass is a strange substance to the Bisssssson, odd since that is the number 1 feature of th landscape up there in Canada.
                2. Bissssssson fans complain about porta pottys. (really I should just put down that the Bissssssson fans will complain.)
                3. ZZ gets his yards and the Jacks win.
                http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-...e-color-173018

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  Last year, week in and week out, I saw our O-Line Blow open holes for Zenner against everyone...except NDSU. They dominated at the line of scrimmage. I'm afraid of this result again.
                  Read my mind. Does this mean that NDSU has better defensive lineman and linebackers than the Cornhuskers? Or does it mean NDSU's coaches are better? It has to be one or the other, right?

I still have nightmares of the Bison lineman tackling Zenner in the backfield on every other play.

Comment

I scored an 8, fyi.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      I scored an 8, fyi.
                      Got a 7

Comment

I got a 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          I got a 4.
                          That's impressive. Guy i work with got a 116...yikes

Comment

I got a 4, have done this before and got a 2... not sure what was up today...lol

Comment

i got a 19 :/

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                                I got a 4, have done this before and got a 2... not sure what was up today...lol
                                I got a 0.

Comment

Working...
                                X