nebraska GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nebraska GDT

There's only one thing i want to say about our defense.Over 600 yards allowed.We did play up a level though,but even with the UND game,Montana (or Mont St ?) held their offense way better than we did,55-17 ?We'll probably drop in the poll,but if we can get things fixed toward end of season,who cares about polls.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-22-2013, 06:35 AM.

Comment

This was definitely a mixed-feelings game. For me, the first quarter alone was worth the trip. Seeing our offense shred that Big Ten defense was a blast. The offensive line was dominant and Zenner was amazing. Then things slowed down a bit (though we did continue to move the ball). You would think that the fact that we (to my knowledge) did not even attempt a single deep ball would have allowed Nebraska to crowd the line and completely shut us down. The fact that we kept gaining yards tells me that our offense is pretty potent.

The defense, however..... I've seen enough over the past three games to say that not only are things bad enough on that side of the ball to keep us out of the top-10, they may be bad enough to keep us out of the playoffs. Look out next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Defense scares me too, although I will say I love how they swarm to the ball. Just seem to be lined up or schemed so far off. Even the line looks to be 1-2 yds off the line of scrimmage.

Special teams didn't completely blow. The one punt return was again fielded inside the 10, if he is coached that way we need to change our philosophy(or philosopher) I can't think one time that has worked. If it is just Wesley trying to make something happen we need to change returners. Put your heels on the 10 and do not back up.

Passing game far too vanilla. 3rd and 6 and you run a play that takes 4+ seconds to develop? Come on, the guys up front are doing great run blocking, pass block they're ok. The threat of the deep ball isn't there so of course they're going to get to him.

Comment

After this "Letdown in Lincoln" Stig should load em all up in buses and give them a 1600 mile tour of the Midwest nonstop with this game playing in slow motion so all the players can spot themselves and see the misses and mistakes they made. Don't let em off the bus until they are pissed at themselves and each other and want to make amends and commit to play harder and smarter. NDSU is gonna kill them Saturday if they dont adjust.

Comment

Total Yards from Each Team Not Including Butler (Because they're not good; UND isn't either)

UND: 458
            Rushing: 21 Passing: 437

SELA: 506
            Rushing: 184 Passing: 322

Nebraska: 645
            Rushing: 335 Passing: 310

Conclusion: State's defense isn't even close to as advertised and NDSU is going to win by at least two TDs. Still time to make changes but it needs to get done now.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

After the game I had to explain to my brother the nebraska fan that his team went all wisconson on us.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Total Yards from Each Team Not Including Butler (Because they're not good; UND isn't either)

Conclusion: State's defense isn't even close to as advertised and NDSU is going to win by at least two TDs. Still time to make changes but it needs to get done now.
                These numbers are interesting and help explain the optimisum about next Saturday's game over on Bisonville. Stig said at the Difference Makers meeting a couple weeks back, that once the season gets going, there are only three practices in between games, so as I speak some analyst is preparing the tape from yesterday and breaking it down, and there seems to be enough blame to go around. I am hoping we will re-group and the defense can get some pick 6's from Jensen. He is vulnerable on the pass.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jackedforlife;235420]Defense scares me too, although I will say I love how they swarm to the ball. Just seem to be lined up or schemed so far off. Even the line looks to be 1-2 yds off the line of scrimmage.

Point well taken as I have noticed this also through all games. I would also go a little further in asking what is our "scheme."? Nebbers done what needed to be done to refocus their season heading into conference. I understand Jacks had two major players that did not make the game for displinary reasons. Anyone know anything?

Another note: How much not having Bubak taking effect?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostRabbit View Post
                    I understand Jacks had two major players that did not make the game for displinary reasons. Anyone know anything?

Another note: How much not having Bubak taking effect?
                    I suppose driving by practice I will notice a few wearing pink Jerseys, especially the two who did not make the game. Bubak is missed no doubt, but Clint Brown a former Husker is trying to do a few things different, and they may not be working. I am sure there will be pressure on Brown to get things going in the right direction.

Comment

• Re: nebraska GDT

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

I had seats on right behind the goal posts bottom row. From there it was so obvious that our D ends never contained their backs. The Huskers had way to much speed. No one's fault. Just the way it is. I was pleased with our offense. Take away the two bad passes and they had a very good day. We will score on the Bison.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        After the game I had to explain to my brother the nebraska fan that his team went all wisconson on us.
                        Accurate, but probably cringe-worthy for any Cornhusker fan.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                          Accurate, but probably cringe-worthy for any Cornhusker fan.
                          That's what I was hoping for.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I have no worries about our offense... Our D scares the crap out of me. Basically two straight games where unless we had a turnover, our D did not get off the field.

Gut check time for the D.

My Bro-in-law, big time Huskers fan, was at the game and had nothing but positives to say about our O, especially Zenner.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                              I have no worries about our offense... Our D scares the crap out of me. Basically two straight games where unless we had a turnover, our D did not get off the field.

Gut check time for the D.

My Bro-in-law, big time Huskers fan, was at the game and had nothing but positives to say about our O, especially Zenner.
                              I read in the Lincoln Star this morning that a reporter said Zach deserved the Walter Payton award. I share your concerns about the Defense, especially since our Co-ordinator once played for the Huskers. I am thinking a lot of their offense has not changed that much over the years. The Huskers have run some of those option plays for a long time. As I am typing, Jimmie Rogers, and Clint Brown are going through the film from yesterday and are planning to make adjustments.

Comment

So was ZZ hurt and who didn't play or sat out that was mentioned earlier? In the nose bleeds I coudltn tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X