Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nebraska GDT

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Exactly. Been pushed around every game. We need bigger and better athletes on that side of the ball.
    I honestly don't know which I abhor more, an pathetic offense or a defense like ours.

Comment

Very frustrated. For the most part, past games we've played against FBS have given me no reason to think we can compete.

This game continues more of that. Facts are facts, we don't play "up" very well.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The way I see it, we got $395,000.00, no one got hurt and we bloodied the vaunted Huskers' nose if only for a half. The defensive effort is a wake up call and we'll be ready for next week to embarrass the ESPN darlings.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          The way I see it, we got $395,000.00, no one got hurt and we bloodied the vaunted Huskers' nose if only for a half. The defensive effort is a wake up call and we'll be ready for next week to embarrass the ESPN darlings.
          Well, we got 400k anyway.

Zenner got hurt and we only played a quarter.

Either way, next week throw records out, throw "this teams better than that team" out (because without a doubt, NDSU is a better team), we almost beat them at their house last year, and I expect a win vs. NDSU next week.

Much like Nebraska this week, next week is our turn to go out and prove the previous weeks kerblastification was a fluke.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I wonder if all the FCS wins over FBS gave people unrealistic expectations about this game. Keep in mind that for every FCS team that won, four or five lost. We won't see an army of skilled athletes from any offense we face again this year. As TV said in the game chat: Do you think every team we play from here on out will be more like UN-L or UND?
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Rough.....they kicked our butt after the first quarter, plain and simple. Nebraska was simply faster.

Positives: Zenner is such a beast though, and Cam was awesome. Our o-line was pretty good as well.

Negatives: Defense...hahahahahahahahahahahaha (this must be what UND feels like the past 2 years)!!! Also Sumner needs to learn to throw the damn ball away, it is so much better than taking a 8 yard sack. The interceptions were simply bad decisions.

We still have a lot of games ahead of us and the team needs to refocus for next week. I'm glad we took ZZ out early, we need him fresh for next week because as of right now I can't trust Sumner to win us a game. I can't wait until next week though....BE LOUD and BE PROUD! Go Jacks!!! Run Rabbits!!!

Comment

Anybody hear how bad Zenner was hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  I wonder if all the FCS wins over FBS gave people unrealistic expectations about this game. Keep in mind that for every FCS team that won, four or five lost. We won't see an army of skilled athletes from any offense we face again this year. As TV said in the game chat: Do you think every team we play from here on out will be more like UN-L or UND?
                  Exactly - plus the Huskers were backed into a corner and you knew they would come out with fire in their eyes to defend their and their coach's honor. This team was ranked in the top 20 until the second half collapse against UCLA , another top 20 team. And the talent level between the Huskers and almost every FCS team not named NDSU is wide. Remember , we have lost some pretty talented players that have chosen to walk-on at Nebraska rather than go on scholarship here.

Comment

Make the play offs, and we can take solice in the fact we're "swimming in place" i guess.

Comment

Had a great time. At mistys steakhouse right now. Thanks Jack1, great place. As for the game, fun first quarter. Its still the huskers. I didnt come here expecting to win. The huskers would kick kst butt btw

Comment

Well, at least there were some positives from this game (unlike the Illinois game a couple years back).

You have to be pleased with Zenner and the O-line play. Plus, the offense was able to move the ball consistently all game, abid leaving a fair amount of points off the board. Sumner had his good and bad moments, he just needs to stay sharp for an entire game.

The negatives: defense and every aspect of stopping the other team from scoring. It's obvious Nebraska has superior athletes, but not to the point where we should be embarrassed like that. There's something lacking on that side of the ball that goes beyond physical talent and it needs to be figured out if this team wants to achieve it's goals.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Great game and even greater hosts down here. Just some food for though. First why in the hell go away from what worked for you in thr lle first quarter? That is exactly what we did. Secondly I am no home by any means but untill we get a receiver that can get seperation what more do you want? We didn't throw the ball farther than 12 yards down the dang field today. I don't care if sumner overthrows the receiver by twenty yards at least make the defense play honest!!!

Comment

Huskers had exactly the kind of dominating game that they needed, and that Bo needed to move forward in their quest toward a BCS bowl game. A lot of top FCS teams fell today/tonight. Jacks will probably fall to about 10th.

Comment

3 things that I am going to say tonight after the game are all nice or good thougths we should have.

1st. zenner was great again regardless if he had to be or not he frankly imho was the best player in the stadium for either team.

2nd. Atleast we weren't famu or fiu. Those guys got kerblastified on the highest order.

3rd. If this was the old CBA we would have gotten 1 pt for winning the first qtr.

See 3 things that are positives. Tomorrow I'm not sure what I will think.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                Anybody hear how bad Zenner was hurt?
                                Good question, Coach Stig said he was okay and he appeared to be okay during the press conference, but if you listened to WNAX, they were talking a serious injury, so hopefully they were wrong. Once we gave up all those points, it made sense to keep out of the game and save him for next week. He still managed to rack up 202 yards.
                                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-21-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X