New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Two graders working on the field this AM, preparing the base.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      Two graders working on the field this AM, preparing the base.
      It's coming along nicely and on schedule I assume.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-14-2016, 12:51 PM. Reason: deleted extraneous content

Comment

Had to head down to Canton for my Niece's graduation on Saturday. Stopped in Brookings on the way back and took a few photos. The west grandstand is massive in person.
        Attached Files
        If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

And a few more shots from the inside.
          Attached Files
          If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
            These pictures are great. Why do we have to wait for someone to take and post pics like this on here? It seems like pictures like this should be published frequently. I know the stadium site has occasional updates, but the pictures usually aren't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              These pictures are great. Why do we have to wait for someone to take and post pics like this on here? It seems like pictures like this should be published frequently. I know the stadium site has occasional updates, but the pictures usually aren't very good.
              Maybe they feel the webcam fills that need and nobody has really expressed an opinion otherwise?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Aha! A volunteer? How often will you be posting pics?

(Thanks, WahpJack, for the updates.)

Comment

Originally posted by WahpJack View Post
                  Once it's graded to grade,won't we see compactors compacting the grade to prevent settling in the later on years,especially if it's a lot of fill? Then that would be one of the last steps before we start to see the turf being laid down? I know there are some Engineer's who can provide lots better information on the process.

To me,it looks like they're getting close,because they have grade sticks pounded in,i think i saw one in the pics.It's going to be a fantastic field.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Aha! A volunteer? How often will you be posting pics?

(Thanks, WahpJack, for the updates.)
                    Ha, if I lived in Brookings I would volunteer to do that. I volunteer WestSideRabbit.

Comment

Not a bad idea: WestSide has taken some good pictures from time-to-time.

I'm having a little internal struggle: I want to see the stadium completed and ready to go but that means I'd be wishing away the summer and no one wants to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Once it's graded to grade,won't we see compactors compacting the grade to prevent settling in the later on years,especially if it's a lot of fill? Then that would be one of the last steps before we start to see the turf being laid down? I know there are some Engineer's who can provide lots better information on the process.

To me,it looks like they're getting close,because they have grade sticks pounded in,i think i saw one in the pics.It's going to be a fantastic field.
                        Looks to me like they are scarifying the sub-grade today, which will likely be followed up by compaction equipment like a pneumatic roller. I would assume this would be followed up by a sub-base and then base material, with geo-textile separators between them and then the actual field turf on top.

Comment

Ha, if I lived in Brookings I would volunteer to do that. I volunteer WestSideRabbit.
                          HAHA thanks. I see it everyday so its hard for me to tell how much has changed sometimes. I try to post pictures when I think there is something worth posting. It has been pretty amazing to watch its progress though.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

They will do some compacting, but the next step is to bring in a LOT of rock, I mean a LOT. When that is everywhere, they will follow with sand, LOTS of sand. In the meantime, I believe they will be putting down the drain tiles around the field. When the sand has finally filled all the cracks, more sand will be put on top and compacted. That will be followed by the turf (which is about three inches thick, has blades of approximately 4 inches high, and a webbing above the turf, filled with the rubber pellets. There will be a little crown, but not like the old field, but enough to allow the field to drain to the sides. The process starts in a week or so, and completion is scheduled for mid-July. At least, that is what I have been told.

Comment

Dang, was sort of hoping they would have kept the old crown on that field.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                webbing above the turf, filled with the rubber pellets
                                Great... now I'm going to have to wear a mask to all of the games so I don't get cancer from rubber pellets flying all over the place. (totally kidding, but definitely a hot topic lately)

Comment

Working...
                                X