New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

No doubt the new stadium along with the SJAC are the best facilities in FCS. I know our friends to the north think that public convention center they play is superior to anything else in FCS, but this will be the benchmark!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      No doubt the new stadium along with the SJAC are the best facilities in FCS. I know our friends to the north think that public convention center they play is superior to anything else in FCS, but this will be the benchmark!
      That public convention center happens to give them the best home field advantage in the FCS. I think I'd be ok with that too...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        That public convention center happens to give them the best home field advantage in the FCS. I think I'd be ok with that too...
        Their facility doesnt, the fans that fill it do.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was just gonna post this. Although it lacks "shine" it's a major advantage come game day.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            So the facility doesn't contribute to the noise factor? Got it.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              No, the facility plays a part. Put 10k fans in an outdoor stadium and they don't have near the same advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                No, the facility plays a part. Put 10k fans in an outdoor stadium and they don't have near the same advantage.
                My point is its only because they fill it. If they didnt fill it they would have the same advantage that USD has playing inside. I would argue the design of an indoor stadium can only be a factor depending on who or what is inside it. The Dump is not an advantage for USD since they only fill it like 1 time a year and at that 9K fans are not as effective as 17K or what ever the fargo holds. If fargo only filled it half full, it wouldnt really be an advantage because of the building, design, etc.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

So the facility doesn't contribute to the noise factor? Got it.
                  not if they dont fill it. Well besides if they are pumping music in, which is a seperate discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Especially if they're sitting on their hands.
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Facebook photos from Gage Bros.
                      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7698632&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Wow, it's already very impressive looking. I like how the exterior is coming along and how it matches with the SJAC. They are going to look so nice together.

Comment

Does anyone know if the field will be heated?
                          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                            Does anyone know if the field will be heated?
                            I haven't heard anything, but I highly doubt it. Even big time universities normally don't heat their fields (see the Vikings having to install a heated field system at U of M), I believe it is a pretty large cost adder.

Comment

I received an email, as I'm sure many of you did, regarding a big announcement on March 1 with regard to a grand opening of the new stadium two days before the game against Drake. The email said SDSU expects 25,000 people for this event. What on earth could this possibly be? Let the wild speculation commence!!!
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                                I received an email, as I'm sure many of you did, regarding a big announcement on March 1 with regard to a grand opening of the new stadium two days before the game against Drake. The email said SDSU expects 25,000 people for this event. What on earth could this possibly be? Let the wild speculation commence!!!
                                Please...Please...Please let it be Kenny Chesney!! There my wild speculation��

This is stadium would be perfect for outdoor summer/fall concerts!
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X