Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Football season ticket renewal information came in the mail yesterday. Season tickets are $170/seat. Also they lowered some of the required Jackrabbit Club memberships dues per seat and there are sections (East side on the corners) where there is no Jackrabbit Club members dues.
    Here is the seating and seat donation requirements for each section.
    http://www.backthejacks.com/ViewArti...B_OEM_ID=15030

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Here is the seating and seat donation requirements for each section.
      http://www.backthejacks.com/ViewArti...B_OEM_ID=15030
      It is about $120 per seat increase for me. Of course, most of that is the Jackrabbit Club. It should be worth the money. I will have a real seat with a back. Basketball increased $25 for the season. It just seems early to prepare for the next season.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Was not delighted to see the Junior Jacks get raised from $45 to $100 (but now Junior Jacks have access to "premium games". I'll have to call and see if the $45 option (no premium games) is still on the table.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Was not delighted to see the Junior Jacks get raised from $45 to $100 (but now Junior Jacks have access to "premium games". I'll have to call and see if the $45 option (no premium games) is still on the table.
          Well that is unfortunate, so much for signing up my 4-year old for it. It sure seems SDSU is trying to price me out of everything with athletics these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            Well that is unfortunate, so much for signing up my 4-year old for it. It sure seems SDSU is trying to price me out of everything with athletics these days.
            Are preschoolers included with this program or are they able to sit on a lap?
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Technically a 4 year old doesn't need it anyway. Grade school is when they've told me a child needs it, however my 1st grader is a 1st year Junior Jack this year and I haven't been asked to provide proof of her Junior Jackness for her to gain access to events so far (a couple football games, and several basketball games).
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I am trying to figure out how much is paid to babysitters these days and compare that number to a Junior Jack pass. If that is used through the year, the cost of the pass would seem very low.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Technically a 4 year old doesn't need it anyway. Grade school is when they've told me a child needs it, however my 1st grader is a 1st year Junior Jack this year and I haven't been asked to provide proof of her Junior Jackness for her to gain access to events so far (a couple football games, and several basketball games).
                  I believe it is age 5 when a kid needs a ticket. I was thinking of signing him up for the t-shirt, and just to get him interested. Definitely not spending $100 to do that though.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    I am trying to figure out how much is paid to babysitters these days and compare that number to a Junior Jack pass. If that is used through the year, the cost of the pass would seem very low.
                    The cost of babysitters/daycare is why young families like myself are being priced out. Just isn't the disposable income to go around for extras. $100 here, $100 there, it adds up after a while.

Comment

The cost of babysitters/daycare is why young families like myself are being priced out. Just isn't the disposable income to go around for extras. $100 here, $100 there, it adds up after a while.
                      The point was that if you don't buy a junior jacks membership, you might have to send the kid to daycare instead while you go to the game, and if that's the case, the junior jacks cost would be justified. I still think it's justified, regardless of being bumped up to $100. It doesn't take going to many games to be able to get that money back. For me, it's still way cheaper than buying a single ticket every time we want to take our child along to a game. When we're talking $100/yr, and just a $55/yr increase, that's a little over $4.50 per month extra... really not a huge deal and very worth it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        The point was that if you don't buy a junior jacks membership, you might have to send the kid to daycare instead while you go to the game, and if that's the case, the junior jacks cost would be justified. I still think it's justified, regardless of being bumped up to $100. It doesn't take going to many games to be able to get that money back. For me, it's still way cheaper than buying a single ticket every time we want to take our child along to a game. When we're talking $100/yr, and just a $55/yr increase, that's a little over $4.50 per month extra... really not a huge deal and very worth it IMO.
                        We live in Sioux Falls and take the kids to just a couple games a year, I think our situations are a bit different. I was looking forward to signing him up just to be in the program as much as I was for the free ticket aspect of it. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, I guess my initial reaction was just "here we go again" on another significant price increase.

To your point, I could see where it is totally worth it if you lived in Brookings and the kids were in grade school and going to 10 games a year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I can see it possibly being worth it in cases where people would otherwise have to pay for someone to watch their kids. You're right, you'd make that money up real fast.

In my case, however, my wife isn't interested in going to games, so it's easy and free to not bring kids to games if the pass won't get them in. Therefore, I hope the $45 non premium game option is still on the table. I have not called yet to find out. (I'm guessing it's not, or surely there would have been some mention of it in the paperwork received).

Comment

So just a little bit of free advice (unasked for I know). It wasn't too many years ago that tickets were not hard to come by for NDSU fans...season or single game. Two tickets opened up close to my two so we bought the extra two for my yet to be born twins. We had 4 tickets then and sold the extra two to friends for years now. A few years ago the ticket situation went crazy...and then we would have had no chance to get those tickets for the family. Now we all sit together as those other tickets were able to be switched and we got 4 in a row.

Right now tickets are not hard to come by...but just something to think about...there are many Bison fans in your exact situation and they said they'd get tickets sometime in the future...now they have to scramble and occasionaly miss out. I'm guessing there are some pretty good seats available right now...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              So just a little bit of free advice (unasked for I know). It wasn't too many years ago that tickets were not hard to come by for NDSU fans...season or single game. Two tickets opened up close to my two so we bought the extra two for my yet to be born twins. We had 4 tickets then and sold the extra two to friends for years now. A few years ago the ticket situation went crazy...and then we would have had no chance to get those tickets for the family. Now we all sit together as those other tickets were able to be switched and we got 4 in a row.

Right now tickets are not hard to come by...but just something to think about...there are many Bison fans in your exact situation and they said they'd get tickets sometime in the future...now they have to scramble and occasionaly miss out. I'm guessing there are some pretty good seats available right now...
                              Words from the wise, thanks TAB. I genuinely hope that tickets become scarce, but I think it would take a national championship or two to get that trend going.

Comment

Some more picture updates from my buddy.

Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X