Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
    I know it would cost a lot more money, but I wish they would've gone with the original drawings that show brick on the outside, that would be a classy looking stadium.
    totally agree. Would be legit, but probably crazy more expensive......?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I know it would cost a lot more money, but I wish they would've gone with the original drawings that show brick on the outside, that would be a classy looking stadium.
      Wonder if that can still be done later,if they wish.

Comment

• New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

The dark brown area shown, which i'm guessing will be mirrored on the south end of the west grandstand and currently wraps around the bottom of the grandstand, is indeed, brick.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If you look at the current view of the west side, it is going exactly as planned. The gray area is metal, and the brown tower on the north side is brick. There is also some brown metal which is the same as was used on the indoor facility. I am pretty sure we won't see any of the work on the stadium seating until in the spring and/or early summer. IMO the work at enclosing the tower structure, and finishing it off inside will occupy the next 4 or 5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
            The dark brown area shown, which i'm guessing will be mirrored on the south end of the west grandstand and currently wraps around the bottom of the grandstand, is indeed, brick.
            Great news. I was slightly concerned about the earlier posts. Don't want to hear about cutting any corners now on the stadium which will be the awesome home of the Jacks for these next decades.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

This is the rendition I like.
              Attached Files

Comment

Same here. I like that it actually matches the dykhouse building. The one little thing that I dislike about the indoor facility and the stadium is there really doesn't seem to be any consistant design our building element. The indoof field looks like a giant sheetmetel building. The dyhouse is brick and the stadium is steal frame etc. Since they were all built close in time it would have been nice to lokk similar. Since I'm not a millionaire donating it doesn't really matter what I think though.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That was a very early rendition, which was changed a lot when the design came out during the fund-raising campaign. The stadium will look much different than that...and I'm sure the cost of the structure would have been much more expensive in brick. Remember, we are building a 19,200 seat brand-new stadium, for only $65 million...not a $100 million.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Same here. I like that it actually matches the dykhouse building. The one little thing that I dislike about the indoor facility and the stadium is there really doesn't seem to be any consistant design our building element. The indoof field looks like a giant sheetmetel building. The dyhouse is brick and the stadium is steal frame etc. Since they were all built close in time it would have been nice to lokk similar. Since I'm not a millionaire donating it doesn't really matter what I think though.
                    Well, the indoor field basically is a giant sheetmetal building...it would take a truly ridiculous amount of money to dress it up to look like the NFL stadia in Indianapolis or Detroit (for instance). That money is going to re-building the football stadium (and soon, renovating Frost).

Limited resources, unlimited requirements. Add in the complications of the byzantine state/BOR project planning/approval requirement process for seasoning. Stir often.

Your point about the relative lack of a unified design concept between the Dykhouse, the SJAC, and the stadium may have some merit, however. But again, when you have to do things piecemeal, that'll happen. I think I'll reserve final judgment until we see the finished product this fall.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      This comment reminds me of going to Brookings on a Saturday Afternoon and touring Ben Franklin and W. W. Woolworth toy departments and being fully of envy and desire and then going home with empty hands and no toys. Why? Because my mother had to buy those damn groceries.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 12-27-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Well, the indoor field basically is a giant sheetmetal building...it would take a truly ridiculous amount of money to dress it up to look like the NFL stadia in Indianapolis or Detroit (for instance). That money is going to re-building the football stadium (and soon, renovating Frost).

Limited resources, unlimited requirements. Add in the complications of the byzantine state/BOR project planning/approval requirement process for seasoning. Stir often.

Your point about the relative lack of a unified design concept between the Dykhouse, the SJAC, and the stadium may have some merit, however. But again, when you have to do things piecemeal, that'll happen. I think I'll reserve final judgment until we see the finished product this fall.
                        In the end, all three will be excellent and functional facilities which will serve the university, it's student athletes and it's fans well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Steel going up for the west stands. The webcam shows good progress being made on the building and now the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Steel going up for the west stands. The webcam shows good progress being made on the building and now the stands.
                            Every time I look at the scoreboard, I get the feeling that it's not complete. The simple Jackrabbit logos that they slapped up to cover the speakers just don't seem to look like the finished product, then add in the blank space around the play clock and the banner across the top. I have a feeling that we will see that finished off by the start of the 2016 season. Anyone else with me on this? I hate to complain about it, because it's amazing, but I just can't get over it the fact that it looks unfinished and I don't think they would design it to look like that long term.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Every time I look at the scoreboard, I get the feeling that it's not complete. The simple Jackrabbit logos that they slapped up to cover the speakers just don't seem to look like the finished product, then add in the blank space around the play clock and the banner across the top. I have a feeling that we will see that finished off by the start of the 2016 season. Anyone else with me on this? I hate to complain about it, because it's amazing, but I just can't get over it the fact that it looks unfinished and I don't think they would design it to look like that long term.
                              Completly with you on this, especally on the play clock, it looks cobbeled togther.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                I kinda agree, but when that monsterious screen is on I don't look at anything else
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X