New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Big Thank you for Dana Dykhouse and Mr. Sanford for such a good start to accomplish something great for SDSU.I watched the vid of the announcement of the donation.....I too share with them their vision of greatness for the future ,again thanks!

Comment

Time for the Brookings School District to get out their checkbook. Your lights have wore out your welcome. For all I care they can cut the damn things down. We have day games the rest of the year. I'm tired of you trashing our field. If somebody trashes it, it should be the Jacks.

$5 million should do it. Either that or go build your own damn stadium and see what $5 million gets you. And I'm serious as a heart attack. BHS wants to use it for the next 30 years, cough up the cash. A substantial amount.

And truly, honestly, I like the grass. Call me crazy, but I think football should be played outside on grass. It's very apparent the new surface is going to be field turf. If I had Dykhouse's money, I'd shell it over under the conditions the field is grass and no one but the Jacks football team plays on it.

In the meantime they need to re-sod it tomorrow and water the sh!t out of it for three weeks and don't mow it. That's what it's going to take to slow down UNI and have a chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
        Time for the Brookings School District to get out their checkbook. Your lights have wore out your welcome. For all I care they can cut the damn things down. We have day games the rest of the year. I'm tired of you trashing our field. If somebody trashes it, it should be the Jacks.

$5 million should do it. Either that or go build your own damn stadium and see what $5 million gets you. And I'm serious as a heart attack. BHS wants to use it for the next 30 years, cough up the cash. A substantial amount.

And truly, honestly, I like the grass. Call me crazy, but I think football should be played outside on grass. It's very apparent the new surface is going to be field turf. If I had Dykhouse's money, I'd shell it over under the conditions the field is grass and no one but the Jacks football team plays on it.

In the meantime they need to re-sod it tomorrow and water the sh!t out of it for three weeks and don't mow it. That's what it's going to take to slow down UNI and have a chance to win.
        If we were in Florida or Arizona, Your grand agenda would work, but **** its about freeze for the first time. In case you did not notice. Brookings High has played at SDSU for a long time, in fact at old State Field. When they shut the lights off at Old State Field BHS went back to Pioneer Park to their old field and CAS was a day games until BHS and the city ponied up the money for CAS. I think they have a good working relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          If we were in Florida or Arizona, Your grand agenda would work, but **** its about freeze for the first time. In case you did not notice. Brookings High has played at SDSU for a long time, in fact at old State Field. When they shut the lights off at Old State Field BHS went back to Pioneer Park to their old field and CAS was a day games until BHS and the city ponied up the money for CAS. I think they have a good working relationship.
          Don't old people sit around and watch KELO all day to see if the weather changes 1 degree? There's no freezing temps in the next 10 days from what I see. Though I only checked the weather once this morning.

I don't disagree the college and BHS may have a decent working relationship, otherwise SDSU would have told them to get bend in the early 2000s when the lights went in. I'm just saying, if they want to use it, pay your dues. And it would be nice to have them pay it up front. If they can't afford it up front (which is probably the likely case), make sure they aren't paying peanuts for a beautiful venue over time.

Comment

I am not a big fan of Brookings High School playing on the Jacks field either! But, the field conditions had some but little to do with the Bobcats. The playing surface is in sad shape to begin with and would have looked just like it did at the start of the game after both teams warmed up. It makes so much financial sense to share facilities. The Jacks have used the high school baseball facilities, the track facilities, cities tennis courts, softball fields, high school gyms in the past and currently do so as well. So, be carefull what we wish for?

GBGBGJ

Comment

Don't old people sit around and watch KELO all day to see if the weather changes 1 degree? There's no freezing temps in the next 10 days from what I see. Though I only checked the weather once this morning.

I don't disagree the college and BHS may have a decent working relationship, otherwise SDSU would have told them to get bend in the early 2000s when the lights went in. I'm just saying, if they want to use it, pay your dues. And it would be nice to have them pay it up front. If they can't afford it up front (which is probably the likely case), make sure they aren't paying peanuts for a beautiful venue over time.
              The dues were paid when they paid for the lights and also as Chains mentioned SDSU played a lot of baseball at Bob Shelden field so if they owed SDSU anything, they would have sent them a bill. Also where will the out door track meets hosted by SDSU be held? Most like at BHS on Medary Ave, we have no facilities at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                This absolutely the best news of this football season. CAS will have come and gone during my lifetime. I witnessed the first game played at CAS in 1962. We played Arkansas State close, but lost 10-7 I believe. Not important, but what is important are the lead major gifts. The naming of Dana Dykhouse Staduim seems appropriate to me, since Dana has become the born again Charles Coughlin, who generously donated between 50k and 100k towards the current structure. We may be 3-3 right now, but I look forward to some great football being played at our facility. Our rest rooms were not great at CAS until recently and now they leave something to be desired, new improvements are on the way. Bigger crowds do this sort of thing, so its a good thing.
                That's going to take me awhile to get used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  I am not a big fan of Brookings High School playing on the Jacks field either! But, the field conditions had some but little to do with the Bobcats. The playing surface is in sad shape to begin with and would have looked just like it did at the start of the game after both teams warmed up. It makes so much financial sense to share facilities. The Jacks have used the high school baseball facilities, the track facilities, cities tennis courts, softball fields, high school gyms in the past and currently do so as well. So, be carefull what we wish for?

GBGBGJ
                  Brookings will continue to play there. But you would think that with them playing only 4 home games that some schedule coordination could be done so that there would be no (or a minimum of ) back-to-back Friday night and Saturday games.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Wish they would have changed it to something like dana dykhouse field at coughlin alumni stadium. Then its a win win. Or as charlie sheen would say biwinning.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Brookings will continue to play there. But you would think that with them playing only 4 home games that some schedule coordination could be done so that there would be no (or a minimum of ) back-to-back Friday night and Saturday games.
                      In that case, you need to take that up with the SDHSAA. They are the ones that set the high school football schedules, not the schools.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        I'm guessing it will eventually be shortened to "the Dykhouse" or "the Dyk" when speaking among fellow jackrabbits.

I'm fine with the name, but we'll take some light hearted ribbing from our opponents I'm sure.

Comment

I am all for the name change, if that's what it takes to get this thing done. It's amazing that 12 million is already pledged for the stadium yet we've only just begun to move dirt for the practice facility. This year's freshman class is going to witness quite a facilities transformation over their four years at SDSU. we are headed to a new level quickly. Exciting time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            I am all for the name change, if that's what it takes to get this thing done. It's amazing that 12 million is already pledged for the stadium yet we've only just begun to move dirt for the practice facility. This year's freshman class is going to witness quite a facilities transformation over their four years at SDSU. we are headed to a new level quickly. Exciting time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
                            What I like best about Dana's halftime pitch was that he mentioned in speaking to the team the day before, he wondered fifty years from now, who will be the guy amongst them that says "Lets get her done". I think for an outdoor facility, 50 years is about all the life that you can expect. So down the road, when I will be pushing up a daisy or two, we will need a new football stadium. Bigger and better no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              I'm guessing it will eventually be shortened to "the Dykhouse" or "the Dyk" when speaking among fellow jackrabbits.

I'm fine with the name, but we'll take some light hearted ribbing from our opponents I'm sure.

Unfortunately, you can't pronounce it any way without it being unfortunate. Be proud of your last name, but if it's going on a building be honest with yourself and think "Hey.....maybe we should name it something else." It's like making sure your kids names don't rhyme with anything, before naming them something they will be teased about later in life.

On the other hand I am so glad it is being built that I'm not sure if I cared if they called it "Cowpie Stadium".

Thank you Mr. Sanford and Mr Dykhouse!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I'm glad for the donation, the only issue I have with naming it completely after 1 person is I feel it alienates some people. I went to college with Dana's daughter, and am friends with his son-in-law, so its nothing against him and I have no problem with him being part of the name. But I'm against stadiums being named after 1 person and that sole reason being $.

I'd rather have a Dykhouse-Coughlin-Alumni Stadium or something like that, would like them to tie Coughlin in someway, also feel like adding Alumni too it makes everyone feel invited.

Comment

Working...
                                X