Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    The department has the old score board, and at one time was trying to figure out if it could be used in baseball or softball. At this point, it is doubtful it will be used (age, electronics, etc.) at all. There is nothing in the plans for the near future for anything on the north end, but down the road, if donors come forward, and/or, companies wishing to have advertising on it and thus sponsoring it, something might be done. The word is out now: pony up and you can have your name on it, or sign a contract for advertising over 10-year (or such) period paying for it. Except for the student section (and I could make an argument for the southeast and west corner seats), there is no change from what we had in Coughlin. It all comes down to a lot of demands for money for additional "nice things".
    I don't feel that the video board would add much to the baseball or softball fields. Is anyone even taping those games for a video production of any kind? I the video board could still be used as a scoreboard and for advertisements. The video portion of the old scoreboard was 17' x 28'.

That board is 10-years old so I guess it might just be too dated, but it seems that it could be used to improve the experience at the new stadium. It might really show it's age next to the new scoreboard!

I would like to see a ribbon board of some kind along the top of the Dykhouse Student-Athlete Center along with some smaller video boards raised up in one or both of the north corners between the DSAC and the new stadium. I have no idea how much something like this would cost.

Last edited by LARabbit; 09-16-2015, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I apologize if this question was asked previously, but does anyone know what the plan is for the old lights? I noticed the two old poles on the East Side are still there, but not in use. Could they use those on the baseball/softball field, practice fields? Would like to see those get put to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
        Noticed on the Keloland Webcam the speaker covers are still not installed...what's up with that?
        Based on the main photo on Stig's new Twitter account, the speakers are covered. We should be good to go.

Yes. Stig. Twitter. @HolyNutmeg. Holy cow!
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
          Based on the main photo on Stig's new Twitter account, the speakers are covered. We should be good to go.

Yes. Stig. Twitter. @HolyNutmeg. Holy cow!
          I noticed that too. I'm hoping that they finish off the whole board by Saturday. Can't wait to see the whole finished product.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I noticed that too. I'm hoping that they finish off the whole board by Saturday. Can't wait to see the whole finished product.

What's left to be done?
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

What's left to be done?
              Everything that's still white on the top and sides of the board. There's no way that's the finished product.

Comment

What's left to be done?
                I guess it does sort of match the rendering here: http://www.argusleader.com/story/new...play/30302509/

Am I the only one that thinks it doesn't look finished?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  I really didn't notice the three windows at the top until it was mentioned on this board. I'm more concerned with the uncovered speakers. Those areas stand out more to me.

The windows on the top would be less noticeable if they would have used a black background for the advertising versus the white. The black windows would have blended in. Another benefit with a black background is that it would have made the video portion appear brighter. With the white background, your eye's iris has to compensate for the brighter white background.

Looks like they will have tons of information they can post on the board. I'm curious if they will incorporate the Twitter feed as included above. (I don't like the Stat Trac example they tested in this photo. It is showing Cal Poly out performing us. )

Photo courtesy of WestSideRabbit.
                  Looking back at this picture, it looks like the only thing that has been completed is the speaker covers. It is pretty clear that the rest of the top and sides still has some finishing to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    I guess it does sort of match the rendering here: http://www.argusleader.com/story/new...play/30302509/

Am I the only one that thinks it doesn't look finished?
                    It might be a combination of lighting/filter on the camera and the fact that the screen isn't lit up. Most scoreboards actually look pretty plain if they aren't being used, IMO.

edit: I mean to say, I believe it is done. Could be wrong though.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Are they going to do something about the areas around the play click? Looks bad as is imo, I have got to think there's work to be done there yet.

Comment

The speakers were covered today with a Jackrabbit. Looks like the scoreboard is complete now.

Comment

My friend who sat on the east side last week told me the new men's room is severely inadequate to handle decent crowds. Stated there was like 4 stalls and 4 uranials. He also said that was it for facilities on that side. Can anyone here confirm our dispell that?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            My friend who sat on the east side last week told me the new men's room is severely inadequate to handle decent crowds. Stated there was like 4 stalls and 4 uranials. He also said that was it for facilities on that side. Can anyone here confirm our dispell that?
                            There are small restrooms from the SE corner to the NE corner. I thought there were 3 restrooms each for men and women.. The wife used one of the women's restrooms over there and said it was smaller, but that was the week before and the line was minimal. There are also 3 different concession stands over there.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              There are small restrooms from the SE corner to the NE corner. I thought there were 3 restrooms each for men and women.. The wife used one of the women's restrooms over there and said it was smaller, but that was the week before and the line was minimal. There are also 3 different concession stands over there.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                I've only used the restrooms on that side once, but I swear there were at least 10 urinals in the one I was in....don't really know though, didn't pay any attention.

At the risk of picking apart the new place that I really didn't donate any money to, outside of a few years of season tickets, nor will be able to donate much to...I will say I hope some "final touches" come to the east side....not a fan of the bare block walls....would like to see some Jackrabbit logo's or player plaques or something on the walls. Also not a fan of the bare I-beams in the concourse supporting the stadium.....would've like to see those finished off somehow...surrounded in brick, or something...also as has been mentioned, the north side desperately needs a video board or at the very least a game info board.

All easy to say should be done when I don't have $$ to pony up for it, I understand.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X