Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about a plan to bring the port a potties back for the October 3rd game?
    Oh-oh, now you done it.

Comment

Did brookings get crazy rain too like sioux falls? And if so how is the field? Is brookings high going to tear it up or should it be relatively fine?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Did brookings get crazy rain too like sioux falls? And if so how is the field? Is brookings high going to tear it up or should it be relatively fine?
        Some rain, but not the crazy amount! Shouldn't delay construction at least.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Some rain, but not the crazy amount! Shouldn't delay construction at least.
          I have always disliked (hate is a strong word) that Brookings HS plays on the field and tears it up. It will be nice when the field turf is in place and will not have to worry if we get too much rain and the field is a mess.

Comment

Why is everyone picking on my high school alma mater? Mean while I hum the Golden Spur whose words are"Brookings High School get in the game...".. I don't remember the rest of words. Maybe it is just as well. I do think there are bigger issues to discuss.

Comment

Since we're on the subject, can anyone remind me of Brookings HS chipped in for this stadium?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Since we're on the subject, can anyone remind me of Brookings HS chipped in for this stadium?
                Great question. I seem to remember someone referencing a contract of some sort, would love to know the terms of that.

If BHS didn't invest in this stadium, I would guess they would build something of their own as soon as they can. It is waaaay too big for HS football in SD. Its going to be an awful atmosphere.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  When the lights were installed at Coughlin, BHS shared costs under a contract that let them use the stadium for their home games. It was certainly legit at the time, and appreciated by the athletic department. I don't know what the details were on the contract (time period, forever, etc.) They will have three games before we have our first game, and I would be willing to wager, that the Jacks will tear it up more in one game, than the Bobcats in all three. BTW, nice crowd there tonight (west side) for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    When the lights were installed at Coughlin, BHS shared costs under a contract that let them use the stadium for their home games. It was certainly legit at the time, and appreciated by the athletic department. I don't know what the details were on the contract (time period, forever, etc.) They will have three games before we have our first game, and I would be willing to wager, that the Jacks will tear it up more in one game, than the Bobcats in all three. BTW, nice crowd there tonight (west side) for the game.
                    Thanks Jack#1, this is what I remember, too. I would tend to think BHS is moving in the direction of their own facilities. With the district growing, and one new school coming on line this year, the Broad of Education has bigger fish to fry then where to play home football games. This contract was not a new concept as BHS for many years played their games at Old State Field. The huge game with SF Washington High back in1952 that ended in a tie was played at SDSU. It has served SDSU well as local recruiting tool despite the up an mostly down talent level at BHS. Also have vivid memories of BHS moving back to Pioneer Park in 1961 since the lights at old State Field where torn out and the last season at SDSU was played at what is now known as Sexauer Field. CAS had no lights no dressing room and not much of anything. I said many times SDSU learn so much from Stadium For State that this time around we seem to be doing every thing right.
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 08-28-2015, 10:38 PM.

Comment

anyone got the latest photos or photos from the game tonight?

Comment

I sent quite a few pics on Snapchat last night at the game but only took one that didn't disappear after ten seconds.

They had part of the scoreboard working. No video, sound, or play clocks, but the fixed-digit part was working. Not the best picture as far as the scoreboard goes since it's all blurry, but take my word for it, it's quite readable even though it's way up there. Bright-white LED digits instead of the orange from the previous board.

They had a temporary sound system setup in the northwest corner of the field, as well as a portable video board which doubled as a scoreboard - just in case. Never an issue though.

Comment

Little bit better shot of the board itself.

The big thing above the play clock is one of the speakers. There's a twin of it on the other side, along with "smaller" speakers providing sound to the left and right of the board.

Comment

Great photo bobcat_01. Thanks for sharing that. Stadium is going to be fantastic!
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

According to Jackrabbit insider last night stadium on time and all areas should be open for the home opener.

Comment

Couple of recent pictures sent to me:

Comment

Working...
                                X