Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Be prepared...the announcement will go beyond JJ's prediction...I'm just saying.
    That's awesome! I hope I'm way off (low).
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I really like the look of this picture:

http://cmsimg.argusleader.com/apps/p...otball-stadium
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
        I really like the look of this picture:

http://cmsimg.argusleader.com/apps/p...otball-stadium
        That's actually a "rendering". I kid, I kid.

Seriously, why do we not have the largest freaking jumbo tron in the FCS? I'm sure $ has something to do with it, but we're the home of Daktronics for goodness sakes. Is there some bad blood there?

I just don't get it. Didn't previous renderings have a big video board on the performance center wall?

Field turf and jumbo trons are huge in recruiting these days, just like the uniform combos discussed in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          That's actually a "rendering". I kid, I kid.

Seriously, why do we not have the largest freaking jumbo tron in the FCS? I'm sure $ has something to do with it, but we're the home of Daktronics for goodness sakes. Is there some bad blood there?

I just don't get it. Didn't previous renderings have a big video board on the performance center wall?

Field turf and jumbo trons are huge in recruiting these days, just like the uniform combos discussed in another thread.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbotron

A
          Jumbotron (sometimes called "Jumbovision") is a large-screen television using technology developed by Sony, typically used in sports stadiums and concert venues to show close up shots of the event. Although JumboTron is a registered trademark owned by the Sony Corporation, the word jumbotron is often used by the public as a genericized trademark. Sony JumboTrons ceased being sold in 2001, when the company decided to exit the business.

I beleive the Correct term is ProStar
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daktronics
          • 1997 The first Prostar large screen video displays were installed

Comment

I would bet it costs a good deal of money to run a giant board as well, even though they are led nowdays, let alone the initial purchase.

Thogh I get what you are saying.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I am pretty freakin excited about whatever this announcement is tomorrow. Sell tweeted last night about staying in your seat for half time.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                I am pretty freakin excited about whatever this announcement is tomorrow. Sell tweeted last night about staying in your seat for half time.
                That's when the pride plays. Sell is a huge marching band fan obviously.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  That's when the pride plays. Sell is a huge marching band fan obviously.
                  Surely you jest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Surely you jest.
                    You sure know me. I kid I kid.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

FWIW, I'm hearing $10M from T. Denny Sanford and $2.5M from Dykhouse.
                      Last edited by YanktonJack7; 10-05-2013, 11:06 AM. Reason: It was confirmed!

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        FWIW, I'm hearing $10M from T. Denny Sanford and $2.5M from Dykhouse. Just rumors though.
                        And as soon as I hit send on my post, TV confirms.

Comment

FWIW, I'm hearing $10M from T. Denny Sanford and $2.5M from Dykhouse. Just rumors though.
                          Confirmed in a tweet from TV

Comment

Stadium will be named Dana Dykhouse Stadium. Per TV

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              I originally had thought the UPD's spot was really big but TV said the UPD's space is 5,700 square feet. Don't we all think their presence is big enough at events? I've had too many bad experiences with them. And no I've never been arrested.
                              I have never had a issue with them. They have a job to do. It's there job to do it.
                              We...ARE...STATE!
                              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

FWIW, I'm hearing $10M from T. Denny Sanford and $2.5M from Dykhouse.
                                This absolutely the best news of this football season. CAS will have come and gone during my lifetime. I witnessed the first game played at CAS in 1962. We played Arkansas State close, but lost 10-7 I believe. Not important, but what is important are the lead major gifts. The naming of Dana Dykhouse Staduim seems appropriate to me, since Dana has become the born again Charles Coughlin, who generously donated between 50k and 100k towards the current structure. We may be 3-3 right now, but I look forward to some great football being played at our facility. Our rest rooms were not great at CAS until recently and now they leave something to be desired, new improvements are on the way. Bigger crowds do this sort of thing, so its a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X