New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

So the running rabbit logo will go just before (to the left) of the sign shown in the video above.
    It will cover almost all of the area above the "light panels" and apparently install is on a very tight timeline as the installer has a deadline to go and do the new Vikings stadium next, they are specialized in this particular type of installation I'm told.

Comment

Also the "Jackrabbits" logo under the rabbit. Is about 6' high for the lettering and 8' to 10' for the outline.

Comment

Does anyone know if the signage on the SJAC is supposed to light up at night?
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

It is lit by LED'S if turned on. You can see the led modules in the letter (when they zoom in its the "A") that they have open they are putting the face back on since the mounting hardware goes through the back) in the video 3 posts ago.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            It is lit by LED'S if turned on. You can see the led modules in the letter (when they zoom in its the "A") that they have open they are putting the face back on since the mounting hardware goes through the back) in the video 3 posts ago.
            I have a great picture of this on my phone. Took it last night at dusk. I will try to post it but I can never figure out how to post a picture that isn't tiny.

Comment

image.jpg

Okay it wasn't as great as I thought it was showing the letters lit up. But, a photo nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                From what I've been told, the new scoreboard is entirely a video board. So the layout of the video board, if what I've been told is true, is pretty much a matter of programming and graphic design.

https://www.facebook.com/SDSU.Jackra...type=1&theater

video board.jpg

Depending on how familiar you are with Daktronics designs it is fairly easy to see:
                The grey portion is static Ad Panels the blue in the center is above the video portion and is "fixed digit" (which I pointed out earlier :-) but I may have had inside info.)

One other noteworthy item, It is clear that the sub structure is designed so in the future the video portion could be expanded to include the entire surface.

My sources also tell me that this is the debut of a brand new product family for Dak.

Comment

I know all it takes is money, but the Jackrabbit logo and the laces would be a nice capper to the new scoreboard, IMO.

NE Scoreboard.jpg
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                    The new scoreboard will be 36'4" Tall x 148'8" Wide according to a tweet from Jackrabbit Athletics. Here is a photo they also put out: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ-blO8WsAAHTwC.jpg:large
                    Looks like just more space for adds then the old one.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Went by the stadium today. Looks great. They were installing a large Larson logo on the far left end of the side of the SJAC where the Sanforf sign is located.

Comment

I'm told the giant, light-up running rabbit is going up first thing next week.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

http://www.daktronics.com/news/Pages...-Football.aspx

Comment

Last night's "Jackrabbit Insider" focused on the new stadium with commentary/interview of AD Justin Sell. It's a good program with some good video of the stadium.

For those who missed the show, I think it is repeated on KELO but not 100% sure on that point. Older Jackrabbit Insider shows are available on GoJacks.com but I think the most recent shows available on that site are from May, 2015.

Comment

Just watched the video from GoJacks.com, it's out there, ready to watch.

Gotta admit to being a bit disappointed. Didn't learn much from the video that we didn't already know. Lot's of long panoramic shots of the stadium, mixed in with some of the architects renderings from the stadium website. How about showing us what we can't see from the Web Cam? The concourse under the stadium, a typical concession stand, the restrooms, visitors locker room, etc. How about discussing the new seating? What do bleachers with backrests look like? What are they made of? Are they comfortable?

In the past week, I've watched on-line video tours of new facilities being built at UND, NDSU, and USD. Hardhats on, looking into the nooks and crannies of the new construction, dodging construction workers and equipment. THAT'S what I was hoping for, and not at all what we got. Maybe it's the engineer in me, but I was hoping for much more detailed info.

That said, I can't wait for the Sep. 12 home opener, when we fans can finally roam around the stadium and 'kick the tires'.
                              If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

I saw the show last night and had the same thoughts. Pretty underwhelming in terms of insight and information. I dont think there was a single view that I have not seen a dozen times elsewhere.

Hopefully there is an official SDSU beat writer by the time fall camp gets going and we can get a little better info on all things SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X