Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
    As expected, the stadium is on the Board of Regents Agenda for October 9th in Spearfish. Pictures are the same already previewed but a little more information in the 9 pages of text information before the drawings.

http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...October/14.pdf

Additional information that has been discussed on the board:

1. Chair back fixed seats between the 10 yard lines. Bench style seating outside of the ten yard lines on both ends and bench seating through the south endzone.
    2. An "accelerated" option would have the stadium complete by 2015. I'm going to still plan on 2016 but interesting that there is another option
    Since the admin never asked me, I will put my 2 pennies here, make it as close and possible to the field athat is legally required and apporpraite enough to leave enough room. and find the right balance of bleacher angle with wide enough seats to fit the uhh, variety of people sitting there with enough leg room but not at the expense of making the stadium to stretched out. Make sure there is room for kids to be kids like use fans who have had kids have gotten use to over the last 50 years. if there is no room for kids to run around next or around the stadium it really takes away from that family friendly feel we have always had. currently behind the east blechers or in the little area north of the west stands around the standiing room only are where kids can go and take a break from the game. its less user friendly since the DSAC was built but its still a family frieldly feel, i am worried we lose that in the new stadium.

Like the north endzone sections. leaves those as open areas for standing room, green space for kids to be and and a few extra rows of seats to keep the seating at 18K but make a family friendly modern stadium. Ok, now i am done.
    Last edited by goon; 10-01-2013, 03:33 PM.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

one thing about the look, I know it would be expensive, but i would love to see it be all being brick faced, so the outside of the stadium looks like the DSAC, that would really look like they are suppose to be together. The south east corner with the ticket and elevator and stairs just looks out of place in the last drawing if the rest is not brick covered outside. hopefully the walking room around the top is big enough for people who enjoy standing and walking around the stadium. overall I think people will really like it just cant fit everybodys wish list into a new stadium.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It looks good to me.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
          If I remember correctly, the plan is to build the east, south and Press box/Suite section, while leaving the current west side up. Then demo the west stands and finish the west side the next summer. Looking at the plans it looks like they are building the Press box as close to the current west side stands as possible. If we were starting from scratch and not having to work around what's there and keep playing football then I'd guess they box and seats would be closer to the field.
          Looking at the drawings,i think that is exactly the reason the seats are back from the field. The press box/suites etc.. can all be built without disturbing the existing seating on the west side. It's unfortunate but necessary.

Comment

Is it possible that the playing field is being moved slightly from it's current position? I.e. maybe 15' west (making up some of the distance to the bottom of the west stands) & 5-10' to the south (to add just a little room between the Dykhouse & the field). I'm assuming the field will need to be re-leveled (some of the crown removed) for the installation of the Field-turf anyway.

Comment

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...m-specs-emerge

TV has posted more details and a link to the BOR agenda item. Among other things, there is an alternate time line that would complete the stadium one year earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...m-specs-emerge

TV has posted more details and a link to the BOR agenda item. Among other things, there is an alternate time line that would complete the stadium one year earlier.

I originally had thought the UPD's spot was really big but TV said the UPD's space is 5,700 square feet. Don't we all think their presence is big enough at events? I've had too many bad experiences with them. And no I've never been arrested.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I originally had thought the UPD's spot was really big but TV said the UPD's space is 5,700 square feet. Don't we all think their presence is big enough at events? I've had too many bad experiences with them. And no I've never been arrested.
                  It sounds like their space at the football stadium is going to going to be their new headquarters.

FROM THE SDBOR documents:
                  University Safety and Security office, including the University Police Department (UPD), which will be relocated from their current location in the Alvilda Maye Sorenson Building to the new stadium. UPD plans to seek accreditation through the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA). The facilities will be designed to meet evidence holding, interview rooms, office space, squad rooms, and Department of Justice storage requirements appropriate to the accrediting agency. The estimate is for approximately 5,700 sf of space for UPD.

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post
                    It sounds like their space at the football stadium is going to going to be their new headquarters.

FROM THE SDBOR documents:
                    University Safety and Security office, including the University Police Department (UPD), which will be relocated from their current location in the Alvilda Maye Sorenson Building to the new stadium. UPD plans to seek accreditation through the International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA). The facilities will be designed to meet evidence holding, interview rooms, office space, squad rooms, and Department of Justice storage requirements appropriate to the accrediting agency. The estimate is for approximately 5,700 sf of space for UPD.
                    That is correct. The BOR sponsored legislation on the October agenda also includes legislation to tear down the old UPD building, move to the old motorpool site for a year, and move into the stadium. There will be a legislative bill in January to do some demolition.

Comment

Per Terry tweet

Terry Vandrovec ‏@TerryVandrovec
                      Just in: SDSU has issued a release trumpeting a press conference for noon Saturday related to the proposed $60-65M football stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Per Terry tweet

Terry Vandrovec ‏@TerryVandrovec
                        Just in: SDSU has issued a release trumpeting a press conference for noon Saturday related to the proposed $60-65M football stadium.
                        Prediction: Press conference to announce CAS deemed suitable for another 50 years. Stadium project cancelled.

Just kidding.

This can only be good news!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Prediction: Another $10 million from Sanford. Why do I say that? Sanford's gift to USD for their arena was $20 million. Then we got $10 million for practice facility. SDSU says their goal for private stadium fundraising is $10-$15 million. Anybody believe the other Sanford $10 million won't go to the stadium?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Prediction: Another $10 million from Sanford. Why do I say that? Sanford's gift to USD for their arena was $20 million. Then we got $10 million for practice facility. SDSU says their goal for private stadium fundraising is $10-$15 million. Anybody believe the other Sanford $10 million won't go to the stadium?
                            So you think they'll make the deal for 20 years for $20M like USD did? That'd be something.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              Be prepared...the announcement will go beyond JJ's prediction...I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                                Be prepared...the announcement will go beyond JJ's prediction...I'm just saying.
                                Sounds like some real good news. I can wait until tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X