Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    Looking at Father's Day mini plan for this fall. $100 includes 2 tickets to 9/12 SUU, 10/10 Ind. State, 11/7 IL State, plus 2 t shirts and 2 lunch kits. Great deal for Father's Day. I just looked, and best available are front row in sections 119 and 121 (40 yard lines, east side). Why am I surprised that there are front row tickets available. Should I be concerned that they are too low to see the field unobstructed? I would hope not with brand new construction.
    Just by the pictures on the stadium site,it doesn't look like the front row seating is any higher than the old bleachers. That said,it appears the seating is closer to the field than the old ones.(again just looking at pics)

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      The scoreboard must be a huge upgrade with the size of the pillars going in recently.
      This is behind the student section, correct. What kind of scoreboard will the students and others on the southend be able to see? Perhaps the old scoreboard reinstalled on the north end or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
        This is behind the student section, correct. What kind of scoreboard will the students and others on the southend be able to see? Perhaps the old scoreboard reinstalled on the north end or something else?

Wasnt there a rumor or something about signage and scoreboard stuff going on the indoor field? Maybe I am not remembering correctly. I was thinking that too. It would make more sense to put something where everyone can see it on the north end.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          Just by the pictures on the stadium site,it doesn't look like the front row seating is any higher than the old bleachers. That said,it appears the seating is closer to the field than the old ones.(again just looking at pics)
          By the way, I found out that the first row seating was a mistake, it was actually handicapped access seating but was incorrectly offered to me on the site when I chose best available. I have been moved to section 121 row 22 per a phone message received yesterday.
          The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEQoZeVAAEV2mf.jpg
            This photo just goes to show how incredibly large the scoreboard will be. Look at the size of the support columns compared to the goalpost! This thing will be huge!
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I have all seen the plans, drawings renditions etc, but this stadium is going to be one of, if not the best stadium in FCS. I see the updated pics (thanks for posting them) and I am in awe everytime I see the updates.... unreal.
              The SJAC was huge for recruiting, this stadium is going to elevate it to the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHEQoZeVAAEV2mf.jpg
                This photo just goes to show how incredibly large the scoreboard will be. Look at the size of the support columns compared to the goalpost! This thing will be huge!
                When I first looked at this photo, I thought they were building a band shell in the south end zone to project the Pride's energy onto the field and throughout the stadium.

Then I did some digging and it looks like the lower portion of this section will be a storage area. When you look at the seating chart on the GoJacks site, you will see that section 112 does stick out farther than the adjacent sections. This will be cool for the band and should help fill the stadium with their music.

The photo is a bit deceptive in that it makes it appear like the south stands are right on top of the end zone. It will definitely feel like that as compared to the berm we used to have. (Or in my case, the fence with the old locker rooms from when I was a student.)

Comment

Based on the fact that the Eastside and south end of the stadium will be completed, prior to this years season, what is the anticipated seating capacity for this year? I would guess around 15-17K, just curious.

Comment

I'm told 300' Wide. The rabbit Logo on the SJAC will be 35' tall. (Edit: I'll have to re verify that first # as that seems too big. I must have gotten bad info there 100Yds is the size of the JAG's Board.)

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      I'm told 300' Wide. The rabbit Logo on the SJAC will be 35' tall. (Edit: I'll have to re verify that first # as that seems too big. I must have gotten bad info there 100Yds is the size of the JAG's Board.)
                      It will be 120-feet wide (one source) or 140-feet wide (second source). That will be slightly smaller (in width) than the football field which measures 160 feet wide. A lot of the frame work for the scoreboard is now up, with more added every day. Going to be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        It will be 120-feet wide (one source) or 140-feet wide (second source). That will be slightly smaller (in width) than the football field which measures 160 feet wide. A lot of the frame work for the scoreboard is now up, with more added every day. Going to be awesome!
                        I have heard from the yard numbers to the yard numbers (which would be 140 feet wide).

Comment

Seeing the supports and now the completed framework in person, I can tell you this: the scoreboard will be damn big!
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            Wow, is all I can say as a Daktronics stockholder. DAKT went down seven cents yesterday despite a 25 pt gain on NASDAQ. Some fool sold off their stock and a bunch to make it drop seven cents. It closed at 11.39 which is higher than it was at the beginning of the year. This has been one of the best investments that I ever made. I have stayed away from open trading, and all my retirement funds are mutual funds, but once in a while a good local stock comes along.

Getting back to the scoreboard, it seemed like the recently install board was not a good fit for the new stadium. I am curious as to how this is being paid for. Bonds perhaps?

Comment

The Frost Arena view on the Web cam provides a nice look at the scoreboard. Also, the Web cam makes me homesick.

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 7.02.16 AM.jpg
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Getting back to the scoreboard, it seemed like the recently install board was not a good fit for the new stadium. I am curious as to how this is being paid for. Bonds perhaps?
                                Don't quote me but these boards are sometimes/often paid for through DSM (Dak Sports Marketing) they sell ads that pay for the board, and continue to after the cost has been covered (at which point it becomes shared revinue?)
                                Someone on here likely knows more about this than I as this is hearsay.

Comment

Working...
                                X