New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

arent they just moving back and using the same scoreboard since its really not that old?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      arent they just moving back and using the same scoreboard since its really not that old?
      I think they are at least 10 years old, which is ancient for video technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        I think they are at least 10 years old, which is ancient for video technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I was just going from how long we had our old score board
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I built it in the summer of 2005 if that helps. I might have signed it too even though we were told not to... Who knows.
          To clarify I worked @dak and helped build this and all of the boards in frost. And if the possession arrow dies. I know who to blame for hooking it up wrong to start with. (It wasn't me. But my name might be under that transformer along with the guilty party)

Comment

Growing.jpg
            The west view gives a better sense of progress than the webcam. There is some scratching going on on the east side of the field now.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
              I posted this tweet last week regarding the new scoreboard. Sounds like it's going to be a surprise.
              When Justin Sell had Jay Parker on his weekly podcast last fall, Jay indicated that they are in negotiations with the athletic department on all the scoreboards/message boards for the new stadium. If I remember correctly, he also said that Daktronics views the new stadium as a facility where can proudly showcase their products to prospective customers. Read into that what you will, but I would suspect we'll easily have the best boards in the FCS, as we should.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

So in tuesday tidbits, this was in it "it's a full stadium structure, creating something closer to a 'bowl', and it will be ready for the 2015 season, as will the new south end seating area. All but the student section in the south end will be chair-backed."

the way I read that is all the stadium is going to have chair back seating, does he mean in only the south endzone where tits not student sections. Or does that apply to the whole stadium where the east side will be chairback? and only the south endzone where the students are will be bleacher. I know Its been talked over and over again but maybe that confused me more then I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  So in tuesday tidbits, this was in it "it's a full stadium structure, creating something closer to a 'bowl', and it will be ready for the 2015 season, as will the new south end seating area. All but the student section in the south end will be chair-backed."

the way I read that is all the stadium is going to have chair back seating, does he mean in only the south endzone where its not student sections. Or does that apply to the whole stadium where the east side will be chairback? and only the south endzone where the students are will be bleacher. I know Its been talked over and over again but maybe that confused me more then I thought.
                  Here is what I got about a month ago from somebody in the Ticketing Dept: "The general seating on both the east and west sides will be bleacher seating with backs, not chair style."

Jackrabbit Premium Seating will be chairback.
                  East and West general seating will be bleacher seating w/ backs.
                  Student and band section (south side) will be bleacher w/ no backs.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Here is what I got about a month ago from somebody in the Ticketing Dept: "The general seating on both the east and west sides will be bleacher seating with backs, not chair style."

Jackrabbit Premium Seating will be chairback.
                    East and West general seating will be bleacher seating w/ backs.
                    Student and band section (south side) will be bleacher w/ no backs.
                    yeah that makes more sense. Since the renderings look more like bleachers then individual chairs.

Comment

Nothing new really here but I drove by the stadium on friday and here is what I saw.

uploadfromtaptalk1424710721779.jpg
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                        Nothing new really here but I drove by the stadium on friday and here is what I saw.

[ATTACH]579[/ATTACH]
                        Gett'n ready to put under ground the sewage pipes as soon as the ground thaw's I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Gett'n ready to put under ground the sewage pipes as soon as the ground thaw's I suspect.
                          I'd presume those are for the drainage of the new parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by MNTimberjack View Post

Makes better sense. But it's pretty big pipe for drainage, isn't it? Thought they could use a lot smaller pipe for Parking lot drainage.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-23-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MNTimberjack View Post
                              Probably for those deluxe Porta-potties they are going to install when the Bison fans come to town.

Comment

*deleted*
                                Last edited by filbert; 02-23-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X