Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    East stands appear to be gone. Good riddance!
    Not completely I believe they have only taken the wood portion off of about 2/3. If you choose football field view on webcam you will see a portion still remains.

Comment

Someone should go swipe me some of the wood from the bleachers if its going to get trashed. sorta would like to have a piece of the old stadium.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Someone should go swipe me some of the wood from the bleachers if its going to get trashed. sorta would like to have a piece of the old stadium.
        That'd be a great fundraiser... own a piece of CAS... say, $25 for a two-foot section of the bleachers?
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          That'd be a great fundraiser... own a piece of CAS... say, $25 for a two-foot section of the bleachers?
          I would be in for it for sure. They did something like that when the did some fixing up to the campanile. like part of the original stone was used in mini replicas. I am would assume some sort of option would have been discussed which involved time and cost of doing something for the return or value of salvaging some of the wood. dont think it would be too hard at all but maybe they view it as a waste of time. Someone close too Admin or Sell should check or ask about something like that.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I believe a few weeks ago a man brought a trailer and loaded up a few boards onto it to take for himself. I'm not sure how he got this access, but it is out there.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I emailed Justin Sell to ask about the wood. He let me know that they will be building some benches out of the wood and auctioning them off at the athletic banquet. He said that there has already been interest expressed from others. Some of the wood was also donated to Habit for Humanity here in Brookings.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                15 rows? x 300ft divided by 2 = $60,000

Comment

Bleachers.jpg

Got this from a friend. They are FINALLY coming down!
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                    I believe a few weeks ago a man brought a trailer and loaded up a few boards onto it to take for himself. I'm not sure how he got this access, but it is out there.
                    This guy might have been a Habitat for Humanity volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      I emailed Justin Sell to ask about the wood. He let me know that they will be building some benches out of the wood and auctioning them off at the athletic banquet. He said that there has already been interest expressed from others. Some of the wood was also donated to Habit for Humanity here in Brookings.
                      Benches: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8700BMIIAAq4xL.jpg:large

Comment

SDSU AD put out this video a short while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7A3xEi5FjM
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          SDSU AD put out this video a short while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7A3xEi5FjM

One of the most beautiful things I've seen in a long time!

Comment

The scoreboard is being taken down today.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                              The scoreboard is being taken down today.
                              Does anyone have specifics on the new scoreboard in terms of size or when it will be installed? Although if the existing one is being taken down, I would assume the new one will be installed this fall. Also, I have heard talks of a video board on top of or beside the Dykhouse SAC. Does anyone have any specifics on that? I am surprised that the score/video board details are so hush-hush, as they are usually a big part of new stadium plans.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                Does anyone have specifics on the new scoreboard in terms of size or when it will be installed? Although if the existing one is being taken down, I would assume the new one will be installed this fall. Also, I have heard talks of a video board on top of or beside the Dykhouse SAC. Does anyone have any specifics on that? I am surprised that the score/video board details are so hush-hush, as they are usually a big part of new stadium plans.
                                Have you asked anyone in the athletic dept?

Comment

Working...
                                X