Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I just read in the Argus Leader that Justin Sell expects season ticket to go from 3,500 in 2014 to 5,000 in 2015. I head from somebody that if you get season tickets it comes out to cost about $100/ game. If you have games against DIII teams or games in late November, do you want to spend that much to go? I'm sure most die hard fans will say yes but I don't know about the others. So I think he might be a little high on his guess. I could be wrong but I guess we'll see.
    The schedule this year is a good one. There are no DIII's and only 1 game(I think) in November so he could be right on.
    They know the market better than I do but I just hope that they don't price themselves out of some fans budgets.
    Is there any factual support for your numbers other than "I heard it from somebody...."? It appears you take someone's speculation (see UWMandSDSU's subsequent post, post 716) and from there you draw conclusions. If your starting point is inaccurate, then the conclusions (re DIII and Nov games) are inaccurate. I'm interested in knowing if your starting point is accurate.

I think most -- likely all -- season ticket holders do not lump together the (required) donation with the price of the season tickets because they'd likely make that donation anyway. I suppose one can add the (required) donation to the cost of the tickets and come up with a per-ticket price that seems unattractive but if you want to do that, I think you have to deal with actual numbers and not just what some guy said.

I hope the number of season ticket holders is going to jump as we move to a new stadium. We need that kind of support for the program to thrive.

Comment

I was able to locate some info the athletic dept sent last year when they were showing the new stadium.

Proposed season ticket prices:
      -2015: $150 for the season (up from $140 from this past year) donations requirements will be the same as 2014
      -2016: $165 (at the time this price was for 5 games; so I assume with 6th game it will be around $200 for the season)

Donations per seat depends on where you want to sit. Donations range from $300 (50 yd line) down to $50/seat (east side on the goal line).

Comment

I know for me and my 7 this is the last year. Part of that is because a required donation is not a donation when one must give it to obtain season tix. It is but a way to write off/and track for priority points. It is indeed part of the per game cost. And for some the net increase prices them (season tickets) out of their budgets (some people still have those). I do lump the required donation in with the tickets and so do all others that I've talked to about this. There will be more seats and walk up will be what my group can afford. We'll probably have to get some help obtaining the harder to come by games. But our other option is staying home.

For the record this post was meant only as informative of our situations. NOT as negative or to complain.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          I know for me and my 7 this is the last year. Part of that is because a required donation is not a donation when one must give it to obtain season tix. It is but a way to write off/and track for priority points. It is indeed part of the per game cost. And for some the net increase prices them (season tickets) out of their budgets (some people still have those). I do lump the required donation in with the tickets and so do all others that I've talked to about this. There will be more seats and walk up will be what my group can afford. We'll probably have to get some help obtaining the harder to come by games. But our other option is staying home.

For the record this post was meant only as informative of our situations. NOT as negative or to complain.
          Same boat here. With the extra seats etc we are better off most games just buyinh individual game tickets. We included the donation amount in our total ticket price too since that's how much it costs to get the tickets. We are young family with 2 kids and at this time season tickets are the same deal and attractiveness they were before when we had them for years. Might consider getting them again after the first year or 2 depending how hard it is to get individual game tickets. I'm not to worried with the extra amount of seats we will have that it shouldn't be to hard to get tickets.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

i'm a season ticket holder in this iconic NFL stadium. the cost per seat per game is $100 and my seats are located between the 20's about 50 rows up. and yes i can "afford them".
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
              i'm a season ticket holder in this iconic NFL stadium. the cost per seat per game is $100 and my seats are located between the 20's about 50 rows up. and yes i can "afford them".
              Do you use all of them every year or do you sell some.

I'm a big packers fan myself. Always wanted to get to a game. Only been to the stadium once. That was way cool. Thanks dad!

FWIW I think goon is a packers fan too. Well at least his sister is. (I know her and her husband)

Comment

i have never sold any tickets. for preseason games i will give tickets to my son or daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  I talked to someone tonight that indicated that the earlier mentioned bid for one of contractors is holding progress at a standstill. If the paperwork for the extra $6M of bid gets squared away in February, the work could get started frozen ground and all. There is a huge amount of aggregate to be moved. Frozen ground did not seem to be a concern. Maybe 12 foot of snow could create a small problem, but frozen ground was not a problem. The extra pounding through the frost may have already been part of the bid.

I suggest you read this: http://www.argusleader.com/story/ter...date/21388537/

You may think frost isnt an issue but it is. Adds time and money to the construction process.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

You may think frost isnt an issue but it is. Adds time and money to the construction process.
                    I cannot read the article since I have exhausted my access. I do not recall saying that cold weather does not add cost. I do recall that work was scheduled to occur through the winter prior to the holdup. I would be thinking that the bids included some cold weather. The argument of adding cost is a red herring. Recall that the indoor facility was under construction last winter. It was not enclosed before winter. There were many pieces of equipment running every day. I drove by the construction every week day.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

That time and cost grows every day too. With these temperatures the frost is diving into the ground at a rapid rate.

Comment

I cannot read the article since I have exhausted my access. I do not recall saying that cold weather does not add cost. I do recall that work was scheduled to occur through the winter prior to the holdup. I would be thinking that the bids included some cold weather. The argument of adding cost is a red herring. Recall that the indoor facility was under construction last winter. It was not enclosed before winter. There were many pieces of equipment running every day. I drove by the construction every week day.
                        The indoor facility was erecting the steel structure the latter part of November. Huge difference between doing that type of work in the winter as opposed to site prep and foundation work in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                          The indoor facility was erecting the steel structure the latter part of November. Huge difference between doing that type of work in the winter as opposed to site prep and foundation work in the winter.
                          Have you ever started heavy equipment in the winter? The fellow who I talked to works for the company who is doing dirt work, He does not give much thought to tearing up frozen ground. Those big rippers are effective.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                            This guy speaks the truth.

Oldhare, you can believe what you want, but you wont be seeing any significant earthwork until the ground starts to thaw.

Comment

Have you ever started heavy equipment in the winter? The fellow who I talked to works for the company who is doing dirt work, He does not give much thought to tearing up frozen ground. Those big rippers are effective.
                              Lol. We arent talking about tearing up the ground here. A building is founded on properly prepared subgrade. Thats difficult to do in the winter.

Comment

I've been a partner in a general contracting firm for 16 years. We work year round. Anything can be done. For this guy to say frozen ground is "no problem" is silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X