Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Has Sell been asked by media what is status of stadium construction?
    I will watch if the work starts next week. I talked to a fellow who thought some work could begin on Jan 5.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Have refrained from commenting on the stadium questions, but would like to at least clear up a few items. There is no dire situation. Some of the individual contractor bids did come out higher than expected. They will not be rebidding those, as that would slow up the time table. Instead they are working with those contractors to bring the costs more into line. The non-work situation for the last few weeks has not been caused just by the bid situation, but some labor shortages have in effect been partly responsible. None of the above is expected to throw the 2015 work off schedule. Take a deep breath everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Have refrained from commenting on the stadium questions, but would like to at least clear up a few items. There is no dire situation. Some of the individual contractor bids did come out higher than expected. They will not be rebidding those, as that would slow up the time table. Instead they are working with those contractors to bring the costs more into line. The non-work situation for the last few weeks has not been caused just by the bid situation, but some labor shortages have in effect been partly responsible. None of the above is expected to throw the 2015 work off schedule. Take a deep breath everybody.
        Keith, channeling his inner Aaron Rodgers. "Just relax, R-E-L-A-X, relax!"

LOL, LOVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          I heard about this when it came out too. Before CAS had lights, there were times then they would go over to Volga and practice on their field before night games to get practice under the lights. I don't know how much they paid for that or even if they did.

Who owns the soccer field? If Brookings owns that could they trade football games for soccer games? Maybe that was a 50/50 between SDSU and they city.
          Speaking of lights, wondering when the baseball diamond will get some. A few more improvements to the baseball field and that area will have come a long ways. Maybe I shouldn't mention needing those improvements quit yet, with all the higher priority needs still going on. Just wondering if anyone's heard any mention of lights for baseball, and eventually softball fields?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Speaking of lights, wondering when the baseball diamond will get some. A few more improvements to the baseball field and that area will have come a long ways. Maybe I shouldn't mention needing those improvements quit yet, with all the higher priority needs still going on. Just wondering if anyone's heard any mention of lights for baseball, and eventually softball fields?
            I have heard nothing and I suspect it is a very, very low priority, when you consider we don't have home games in Feb, March and often late April before we have a dry field. So we have maybe 4 or 5 weeks of possible home games, and weather usually dictates games to be better played during the daylight hours. It would take a lot of friends of baseball to get this project done.

Comment

I just read in the Argus Leader that Justin Sell expects season ticket to go from 3,500 in 2014 to 5,000 in 2015. I head from somebody that if you get season tickets it comes out to cost about $100/ game. If you have games against DIII teams or games in late November, do you want to spend that much to go? I'm sure most die hard fans will say yes but I don't know about the others. So I think he might be a little high on his guess. I could be wrong but I guess we'll see.
              The schedule this year is a good one. There are no DIII's and only 1 game(I think) in November so he could be right on.
              They know the market better than I do but I just hope that they don't price themselves out of some fans budgets.

Comment

I just read in the Argus Leader that Justin Sell expects season ticket to go from 3,500 in 2014 to 5,000 in 2015. I head from somebody that if you get season tickets it comes out to cost about $100/ game. If you have games against DIII teams or games in late November, do you want to spend that much to go? I'm sure most die hard fans will say yes but I don't know about the others. So I think he might be a little high on his guess. I could be wrong but I guess we'll see.
                The schedule this year is a good one. There are no DIII's and only 1 game(I think) in November so he could be right on.
                They know the market better than I do but I just hope that they don't price themselves out of some fans budgets.
                He said he'd like to see them up to 5,000, not expect

Seating capacity is expected to move from 11,000 to 16,000 for 2015. SDSU athletic director Justin Sell said he'd like to see season-ticket-sale jump to the 5,000-range by then. It was closer to 3,500 in 2014.

Comment

Are you sure about those numbers ($100/game)? 2016, if I want to sit in the relatively same section (sitting in the middle section & not in premium seats) it will be cost me about $175/season (rough estimate) plus $300 for a donation. $475/season (6 games in 2016). 2015 prices and donations will not change from this last year (season tickets may go up $5).

http://www.sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda...B_OEM_ID=15020 Average price for single game tickets will be around $40/game ($27 for non demand & $47 for demand games) starting in 2016.
                  Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 01-09-2015, 09:05 AM. Reason: Increased season ticket price for 2016

Comment

Did the article indicate when work on the east side would begin?
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Did the article indicate when work on the east side would begin?
                      If you are referencing removing bleachers, they are not removing those yet because of all the snow. It would create a sizable hole and then snow world need to be removed. They are trying not to add on needless work.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                        If you are referencing removing bleachers, they are not removing those yet because of all the snow. It would create a sizable hole and then snow world need to be removed. They are trying not to add on needless work.
                        I thought there would be some dirt work this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          I thought there would be some dirt work this winter.
                          Going to be tough to do any dirtwork this winter now that Freezeageddon is upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                            Going to be tough to do any dirtwork this winter now that Freezeageddon is upon us.
                            Yup. Difficult and expensive to do dirtwork in the winter.

Same goes with concrete work.

Comment

Per TV the east side bleacher will stay through the winter, snow fence. Seating capacity will increase by 5,000 for 2015 (16,000 total capacity). Get your season tickets and buy some for your friends.

All 4 home conference games will be played against playoff teams from this year including the National Champions. 6 home games with SUU and Robert Morris filling out the schedule. That is pretty damn good.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I talked to someone tonight that indicated that the earlier mentioned bid for one of contractors is holding progress at a standstill. If the paperwork for the extra $6M of bid gets squared away in February, the work could get started frozen ground and all. There is a huge amount of aggregate to be moved. Frozen ground did not seem to be a concern. Maybe 12 foot of snow could create a small problem, but frozen ground was not a problem. The extra pounding through the frost may have already been part of the bid.

Comment

Working...
                                X