New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Do not panic!!! I think we will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      What are we talking here, $2 million, $500K, $10 million? Give us a ballpark here.
      $6 million is what I was told.

I also am not panicked and I know they will get it figured out, but it is frustrating like KU said that we haven't even started the project yet and we are already over budget.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        $6 million is what I was told.

I also am not panicked and I know they will get it figured out, but it is frustrating like KU said that we haven't even started the project yet and we are already over budget.
        Does this mean the yellow stands and the port-a-potties stay? We could call this Staduim For State part two.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Does this mean the yellow stands and the port-a-potties stay? We could call this Staduim For State part two.
          Is this considered smack in a non smack thread? If so, I deserve the punishment I got coming. Seriously I am sure AD Sells is trying to work things out, and we are not going to repeat the disaster of the 1960's. People are more generous and want the stadium built then they were when CAS came into being.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Is this considered smack in a non smack thread? If so, I deserve the punishment I got coming. Seriously I am sure AD Sells is trying to work things out, and we are not going to repeat the disaster of the 1960's. People are more generous and want the stadium built then they were when CAS came into being.
            Sort of not the same, this isnt intended to be part of the fundraising or making up budget differences, but I thought it would be cool to sell off part of the old stadium to fans and alumni as collector stuff. If i recall when they worked on the campanile a few years back, part of the original stones were used to make statues of the campanile to be sold. not sure if they made money off it or something but it was pretty cool that you could buy something that has a big part of SDSU history in it. Its not like they could sell seats or things like that that other stadiums did for fans when they were torn down. but something along those lines. like the wood from the seats made into mini carvings or something etched into it looking like the stadium maybe......
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Sort of not the same, this isnt intended to be part of the fundraising or making up budget differences, but I thought it would be cool to sell off part of the old stadium to fans and alumni as collector stuff. If i recall when they worked on the campanile a few years back, part of the original stones were used to make statues of the campanile to be sold. not sure if they made money off it or something but it was pretty cool that you could buy something that has a big part of SDSU history in it. Its not like they could sell seats or things like that that other stadiums did for fans when they were torn down. but something along those lines. like the wood from the seats made into mini carvings or something etched into it looking like the stadium maybe......
              If cutting the budget means something that was a big part of the plan, then I could see passing the hat one more time to prevent the major slashes if there are any. I really don't have a clue as to what is going on. Just making conversation with some humor but your idea seems like a good one. Selling the seat in Section F row 17 seat 3 would interest me. Would love to have it as a keepsake.

Comment

Is the construction at a complete standstill?

Comment

Goon and others can help me with this,

But don't we have a contract? build what's contracted. Unless there is a $6M change-order, isn't the builder bound by the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    Goon and others can help me with this,

But don't we have a contract? build what's contracted. Unless there is a $6M change-order, isn't the builder bound by the contract?
                    Im almost positive they are using a CMAR which means contractor at risk. The general contractor is hired during design and helps with pricing and other things such as selecting economical construction types.

Before they begin construction the GC will give a guaranteed maximum price. Im guessing that is where they are stuck. Some of the bids from sub contractors (like a field turf installer) came in higher than anticipated. Construction wont begin until they can agree on a price.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Is the construction at a complete standstill?
                      I dont think its even started.

Comment

I have the solution! NO FIELD TURF!!! BOOM $5M savings! Simple answer(my prayers are answered) life is good!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          I have the solution! NO FIELD TURF!!! BOOM $5M savings! Simple answer(my prayers are answered) life is good!
                          That would be awesome turn of events in a wierd way. Atleast for those of us who think it should stay natural grass.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Im almost positive they are using a CMAR which means contractor at risk. The general contractor is hired during design and helps with pricing and other things such as selecting economical construction types.

Before they begin construction the GC will give a guaranteed maximum price. Im guessing that is where they are stuck. Some of the bids from sub contractors (like a field turf installer) came in higher than anticipated. Construction wont begin until they can agree on a price.
                            This.

Exactly the issue. Some of the sub-contractors came in with higher bids than anticipated and some came in as lone bids. My understanding is they are re-bidding some of the work and are going to be back in budget.

I think everyone needs to pump the brakes on the doom and gloom. No offense against WestSide, but he is the only one who said anything about it being out of budget and didn't provide any source as to where that info is coming from or why it is accurate.
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              This.

Exactly the issue. Some of the sub-contractors came in with higher bids than anticipated and some came in as lone bids. My understanding is they are re-bidding some of the work and are going to be back in budget.

I think everyone needs to pump the brakes on the doom and gloom. No offense against WestSide, but he is the only one who said anything about it being out of budget and didn't provide any source as to where that info is coming from or why it is accurate.
                              It had to be a bad enough issue that they coudlnt even do prep and easy stuff to do the last couple week with rather nice weather to do those things in.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                It had to be a bad enough issue that they coudlnt even do prep and easy stuff to do the last couple week with rather nice weather to do those things in.
                                Its because without the contractor being able to give a guaranteed maximum price there is no contract in place.

The contractors guarateed price could have been $65,000,001 and they wouldnt be able to start. Its gotta be under budget BEFORE they start.

Comment

Working...
                                X