Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    I visited with a member of the construction crew yesterday and athletics is having them wait until after we are eliminated from the playoffs before removing the bleachers. It sounds like they have/will put in a strong bid for the third round game if we make it. However, they did cut down the trees to the south of the stadium yesterday.
    Thanks for the update. I suspect that is what will happen. A third round game would mean beating the Bison in Fargo. Do you think it will happen? This year I feel we have a chance. What I have caught out of the Fargo Media is that Travis Beck lost for the duration is a big loss.

Comment

I would guess if we have a chance for a 3rd round game I sadly doubt we would draw enough to need the east side bleachers. Hope we get there but I would guess around 6K for attendance if we get that far. I would love to be wrong though.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I would guess if we have a chance for a 3rd round game I sadly doubt we would draw enough to need the east side bleachers. Hope we get there but I would guess around 6K for attendance if we get that far. I would love to be wrong though.
        That is exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          While I tend to agree, our only home playoff experience was on Thanksgiving weekend. On a non-holiday weekend, I could see 10K+ if the weather and opponent were decent.

With that being said, we aren't likely to outbid anyone on our side of the bracket other than Morgan State.

Assuming we keep winning, the semis is the first time we have a realistic chance at out-bidding our likely opponent. I think (hope) the stadium would bursting at the seams for a semi-final game.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Thanks for the update. I suspect that is what will happen. A third round game would mean beating the Bison in Fargo. Do you think it will happen? This year I feel we have a chance. What I have caught out of the Fargo Media is that Travis Beck lost for the duration is a big loss.
            Not only would we have to beat the Bison but Coastal Carolina would have to lose too. The only way we could host is if two unseeded teams make it to the 3rd round. In that situation we would likely be bidding against Richmond.

But first, let's just beat Montana State.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I visited with a member of the construction crew yesterday and athletics is having them wait until after we are eliminated from the playoffs before removing the bleachers. It sounds like they have/will put in a strong bid for the third round game if we make it. However, they did cut down the trees to the south of the stadium yesterday.
              I wouldn't object if at this point the administration just said they weren't going to have any more home playoff games.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

If we were to the semi's Caughlin-Alumni would go out with a bang. Thanksgiving weekend was deal killer before. A semi-final game on a weekend that is not a major holiday and you will have a great crowd.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  If we were to the semi's Caughlin-Alumni would go out with a bang. Thanksgiving weekend was deal killer before. A semi-final game on a weekend that is not a major holiday and you will have a great crowd.
                  Agreed.

I'd like them just to start all needed construction at Coughlin right now. If we were make it to the semis, I'd think putting in a bid this year (based on special construction circumstances) to host a semifinal game in Sioux Falls at Howard Wood field would be kind of cool. ***realize i'm a Brookings guy, so no need to get the "no moving games to Sioux Falls" mob riled together.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    I wouldn't object if at this point the administration just said they weren't going to have any more home playoff games.
                    Wut?
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Wut?
                      I am not sure what he is saying or thinking. Since we are starting construction at the current location of CAS, it might be better to move on with the construction. I would tend to agree, but we have to play the games first but being a host is not likely. I am a piss poor Packer like fan, and have enough cold weather games this year. What is it this morning? Very cold.
                      Last edited by Nidaros; 11-27-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        Wut?

Because of the likelihood that SDSU would actually host a game, I think it'd be fine to let the construction company get moving on their work. But only if they truly felt they needed the time this fall to make sure it's done before next year's games start. If they say it doesn't matter then you wait.

Just my opinion.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Because of the likelihood that SDSU would actually host a game, I think it'd be fine to let the construction company get moving on their work. But only if they truly felt they needed the time this fall to make sure it's done before next year's games start. If they say it doesn't matter then you wait.

Just my opinion.
                          Makes sense to me. I am sure there will be days next spring which will halt work, so getting in a few days here and there will help.

Comment

If you have any possibility of hosting a playoff game you have to wait. You may never get that chance again. If nothing else, maybe it could be used as a bargaining chip. Get a hold of the school we are bidding against and tell them for a donation to our scholarship fund, we won't enter a bid or something along those lines. If we are ripping down the stands, then they know we aren't bidding and they get an inexpensive game. Maybe bids for each round have to be in before individual match-ups are determined. Whatever the case, wait and keep your options open. It's amazing how fast any construction goes as a deadline approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              If you have any possibility of hosting a playoff game you have to wait. You may never get that chance again. If nothing else, maybe it could be used as a bargaining chip. Get a hold of the school we are bidding against and tell them for a donation to our scholarship fund, we won't enter a bid or something along those lines. If we are ripping down the stands, then they know we aren't bidding and they get an inexpensive game. Maybe bids for each round have to be in before individual match-ups are determined. Whatever the case, wait and keep your options open. It's amazing how fast any construction goes as a deadline approaches.
                              Highly unethical to even try something like this. I wrongly made accusation about the playoffs being rigged. Doing something like this would be rigging the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Highly unethical to even try something like this. I wrongly made accusation about the playoffs being rigged. Doing something like this would be rigging the playoffs.
                                Rigging the playoffs? It's no different than a team paying us to come play them. Instead of being a BCS team, it is an FCS team. We would be agreeing to an away game. It would have nothing to do with winning or losing it. I doubt anything like what I suggested would happen, but it was just an example. Why limit possible options to start working in the same ****ty weather you will have the whole winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X