Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Oh, I will. Upon checking some of KI's past posts he seemed to be trying to draw out the negatives of the AD's plan for raising 7.2 million. I took his question to be less than sincere, in particular his snubbing of Jack#1 reply which I felt contained all the information he needed to know.
    so you're saying there are "negatives of the AD's plan for raising 7.2 million"? your words, not mine. what might those be?

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
      so you're saying there are "negatives of the AD's plan for raising 7.2 million"? your words, not mine. what might those be?
      KI SAID:
      that's more than most NFL tickets per seat per game. if you pay more than NFL prices you're getting screwed.

Now who is being negative?

03-13-2014, 09:33 PM

Comment

KI SAID:that really didn't answer my question. lets say 50 yard line 15 rows up. how much will a ticket cost, per seat, per game? $100, $125? more? less.

I thought Jack#1 gave you a complete answer, but you were not gifted enough to read and understand apparently. I don't view anything negative about the AD plan to raise 7.5 million. I have committed to $7500 for a total to be paid over ten years., I don't know where you get the negatives in that. Also I am working on something else that you probably don't understand and that's an acorn endowment for capital improvements for athletic facilities. So where is the negative in me or the AD.

Comment

Hold on, KI Driver. Nidaros didn't say there were negatives. He offered his opinion that you were trying to draw out the negatives...perhaps his statement would have been more clear if he wrote that you were trying to show there were negatives. He didn't concede there were negatives. (added: I was composing this post when Nidaros posted immediately above.)

Anyway, the two-party peeing match is probably unnecessary and I think filbert's "play nice" advice is good advice.

Certainly a person can total up the cost of obtaining college football season tickets, divide that sum by the number of games, and arrive at a per-ticket, per-game cost. That's probably a good number to know. But, I encourage everyone to think about the challenge of building a new facility and, if they can, consider that a chunk of the cost of obtaining a season ticket is building a facility that will last decades. A part of that per-ticket, per-game cost is tax deductible -- now, compare that to the cost of an NFL game ticket.

Think about this: Those who donated money to the indoor facility that will be completed this fall aren't getting tickets for any event. For several reasons, they are assisting SDSU in adding a much-needed facility.

I had commented in an early post that a more accurate comparison (but one I submit is not 100% apples to apples) is to compare to other DI schools in the region. I know what it costs to hold good season tickets for U of Minnesota games and it's a lot more than the current cost of season tickets at SDSU and will still be significantly greater than the planned increased in the SDSU cost when the new stadium opens. There are many factors that make the comparison a little suspect but in my view, when it comes to measuring the fun of attending a good college football game, I think we've had a great bargain at SDSU. The new stadium will usher in an era of game-day experience that we probably cannot fully imagine right now and the price for that will close the gap in ticket prices at SDSU v. UofMN but still it'll be a real bargain compared to the other DI games in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            Hold on, KI Driver. Nidaros didn't say there were negatives. He offered his opinion that you were trying to draw out the negatives...perhaps his statement would have been more clear if he wrote that you were trying to show there were negatives. He didn't concede there were negatives. (added: I was composing this post when Nidaros posted immediately above.)

Anyway, the two-party peeing match is probably unnecessary and I think filbert's "play nice" advice is good advice.

Certainly a person can total up the cost of obtaining college football season tickets, divide that sum by the number of games, and arrive at a per-ticket, per-game cost. That's probably a good number to know. But, I encourage everyone to think about the challenge of building a new facility and, if they can, consider that a chunk of the cost of obtaining a season ticket is building a facility that will last decades. A part of that per-ticket, per-game cost is tax deductible -- now, compare that to the cost of an NFL game ticket.

Think about this: Those who donated money to the indoor facility that will be completed this fall aren't getting tickets for any event. For several reasons, they are assisting SDSU in adding a much-needed facility.

I had commented in an early post that a more accurate comparison (but one I submit is not 100% apples to apples) is to compare to other DI schools in the region. I know what it costs to hold good season tickets for U of Minnesota games and it's a lot more than the current cost of season tickets at SDSU and will still be significantly greater than the planned increased in the SDSU cost when the new stadium opens. There are many factors that make the comparison a little suspect but in my view, when it comes to measuring the fun of attending a good college football game, I think we've had a great bargain at SDSU. The new stadium will usher in an era of game-day experience that we probably cannot fully imagine right now and the price for that will close the gap in ticket prices at SDSU v. UofMN but still it'll be a real bargain compared to the other DI games in the region.
            Thanks Jack JD, my bladder is empty so I will call a truce, which KI can accept or reject. I might add that a $1,000. donation that I gave to the indoor facility was fully deductible, at least this was what my letter or receipt and thank you from the foundation stated. So apparently I did not get priority points for that particular gift, but at the same time, it was not 80% deductible like the gifts that count towards priority points.

Comment

i can accept a truce. i was just trying to figure out what each game would cost and compare it to other programs in the midwest, be it big 10 or professional football. i think it is an honest question to ask.

Comment

i can accept a truce. i was just trying to figure out what each game would cost and compare it to other programs in the midwest, be it big 10 or professional football. i think it is an honest question to ask.
                There will be tickets available for walk up crowds that would be a better measure. The funding of the improvements are part of the season ticket price(donation). The single game tickets are admission only that is different. We need to compare apples to apples for the individual game price.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I will accept the truce, and your questions were legit. I will leave it at that.

Comment

A few weeks to decide what to do. I know what i want to do but in the end it will have to be my wife who approves what i want to do. Maybe i need to get a few glasses if wine in her and pop the question.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      A few weeks to decide what to do. I know what i want to do but in the end it will have to be my wife who approves what i want to do. Maybe i need to get a few glasses if wine in her and pop the question.
                      Does she like J. Lohr wine...I've got a bottle I would give you, if you think it would help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Does she like J. Lohr wine...I've got a bottle I would give you, if you think it would help!!
                        If its sweet, she'll love it. Hey, she loves me.

Comment

I finally sat down and did the math last night, and the cost of a season ticket where I currently sit (ticket price + mandatory minimum donation) goes up 94% between 2014 and 2016.

Let me say that again. 94% in 2 years. I wonder if I'm the only one thinking of pulling the plug this year since I see what is coming down the road.

Yes, I still haven't renewed my 5 seats for this year. Normally I do it the day I receive my papers.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Just like when you asked her to marry? Right?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                              I finally sat down and did the math last night, and the cost of a season ticket where I currently sit (ticket price + mandatory minimum donation) goes up 94% between 2014 and 2016.

Let me say that again. 94% in 2 years. I wonder if I'm the only one thinking of pulling the plug this year since I see what is coming down the road.

Yes, I still haven't renewed my 5 seats for this year. Normally I do it the day I receive my papers.
                              We are not sure if we will with our 5 seats either. We got season tickets years ago to asure we had tickets to every game. With more seating available it puts less of a preimum on season tickets and we have 2 little ones so we can get tickets as needed now just order as many or few as we need. Its probably just a better option for us to cancel season tickets and with the new stadium buy game by game seats.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                                I wonder if I'm the only one thinking of pulling the plug this year since I see what is coming down the road.
                                Sorry, but I don't see the logic. We don't have all the information yet.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X