New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

I also noticed that the total cost of seven years of club seats isn't a whole lot more than five years. I did factor in the required annual donations and the stadium builder donation.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I was also thinking about club seats. But not sure i want to commit to 10 or 7 yrs. 5 might be ok. So the stadium guft is a one tine gift, correct? So say i do the 10 yrs and get 4 club seats, thats $3000 one time by 2016? And then it would be $3000 a yr. plus jackrabbit club donation

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        I was also thinking about club seats. But not sure i want to commit to 10 or 7 yrs. 5 might be ok. So the stadium guft is a one tine gift, correct? So say i do the 10 yrs and get 4 club seats, thats $3000 one time by 2016? And then it would be $3000 a yr. plus jackrabbit club donation
        That is what I understand it to be.

I think its just the overall numbers seem daunting when considered in this fashion. My wife is not a big fan of football so convincing her to spend this type of money is difficult. She'd rather spend it on trips to Lawrence to watch KU basketball games.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          We are in the same boat. My parents are retiriing and aren't looking forward to worse seats for the same money or paying that much more a season. Plus my wife and 2 little kids its expensive enough and our best option is to cancel season tickets and we will just buy as many as needed on game by game basis. I just wonder what sort of ticket pricing will be available. If there is a range in prices so every ticket isn't the same price. Like the ends should not cost the same as the middle sections imho in the new stadium.
          That's why the donation level is so much lower for the end sections. Essentially, you are paying less than if you had season tickets in the middle.

As to single game tickets, they've made it clear that the new prices will be $27 (low demand games) and $47 (high demand games).

Plus, you aren't going to get the middle sections as a walk up ticket anyway. The people that sit there will be season ticket holders essentially paying more than you are for your single game end seat when the middle sections season ticketholders factor in the $300 donation per seat.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Ticket prices for last year was $130/ticket. But everything else you said appears to be correct. A definite bump in donation requirements for better seats (donation: previous years $50 or $100/seat based on location; future range of $50-$300/seat).
            In years past, was the donation requirement per seat or per order...that is what I can't remember. Now being per seat at $200/seat, is the biggest change in my mind.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              In years past, was the donation requirement per seat or per order...that is what I can't remember. Now being per seat at $200/seat, is the biggest change in my mind.

It was per seat i believe

Comment

The one problem i have is my grandkids will probably start coming to game by then. So in order for the grandkids and so and his wife and me and my wife to all sit together, i would need 6 seats. Now 6x750 is $4500. I dont think i would ever convince my wife of that each year for 10 yrs. Might have to stick with season tickets instead of club seats

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Was considering Club Seats until I got the packet and found out about the other little details that go along with them, i.e., seat lease of 5, 7, or 10 years, which directly impacts price, plus a one-time donation for each seat of $750, plus maintaining Jackrabbit Club donation at present level, meaning that I'd have to maintain my current giving level. Just can't do all of it. My wife thinks we spend way too much on football each year any way with the exorbitant amounts spent on tailgating and traveling to away games that I can't justify it at this time. May be in 5 years.

I hope the AD doesn't have problems selling these seats, along with the loge boxes. I'm guessing a lot of them will be corporate buys rather than individuals. Who knows though.
                  As you noted, one of the hidden gems in the letter of intent is that they are requiring you to maintain the Jackrabbit Club donation you made in 2013. 2013 was actually a reallocation year, so I'm confident there were several folks (myself included) that increased their donation substantially in 2013 to take advantage of the extra reallocation points. Since I did that, it immediately takes me out of the market for club seats if they are requiring me to maintain that level. I'm debating asking the question of the ticket office if they are really going to stick to their guns on that one, but I need to decide if club seats are worth the commitment.

Question: If we just plan on purchasing "regular" season tickets, is there any action required on our part? The letter that came with the mailing was a bit confusing when it came to that.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                    Question: If we just plan on purchasing "regular" season tickets, is there any action required on our part? The letter that came with the mailing was a bit confusing when it came to that.
                    Glad I wasn't the only one confused about that.

Comment

I agree with Montana regarding aluminum. This doesn't pass the smell test.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                        That's why the donation level is so much lower for the end sections. Essentially, you are paying less than if you had season tickets in the middle.

As to single game tickets, they've made it clear that the new prices will be $27 (low demand games) and $47 (high demand games).

Plus, you aren't going to get the middle sections as a walk up ticket anyway. The people that sit there will be season ticket holders essentially paying more than you are for your single game end seat when the middle sections season ticketholders factor in the $300 donation per seat.
                        I am refering to the individual game tickets. I understand the season ticket donation cost is less, but not every good seat in stadium will be sold to season ticket holders. 27 and 47 seem like odd numbers, so hobo day usd and ndsu will be 47 no matter where your seat is and 27 all the other games regardless of what section your in.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I guess I wasn't surprised by anything that was contained in the letter. A little shocked of course but at the end of the day, the AD is trying to raise the revenue to have first-class facilities, fully fund the scholarship bill, hire and retain quality coaching talent and administrative talent, and provide an outstanding gameday experiences for fans, students, and athletes.

All of that comes with a huge price and we have a long way to go. It will take large donations, corporate sponsoships, strong booster supports, and everyday fans to make this thing work. Several have brought up good points. Are they trying to lock down hard core fans to long-term contracts? Yep. It is it a lot more money to commit to sit in the same seats? Yep. Are there even higher end opportunities for the very affluent and corporate sponsors? Yep. Is there still plenty of room for every fan to get a ticket and enjoy a game? I think this is the biggest plus. When I look at the Stadium plan it looks to me like there isn't a really bad seat anywhere in the house. Of course, it would be awesome if we sold all 18,000 seats to season ticket holders but that isn't going to happen. At least not at first in my opinion.

I have the same issue that some have stated with their grandkids. They love to go to the game but for $750 per seat plus donation per child that just doesn't work for me. Not sure what we will do. I just know we will make it work somehow.

This is all a natural evolution and the bad part is some very solid Jackrabbit fans may not have quite as good of seats. My question is won't the overall experience of the new facility make up for it? It does for me but others will have a different opinion.

When I look at all of the incredible things going on all over SDSU and not just in the AD it is really incredible and are things I never thought I would see. As for the AD, we have the Dykehouse Center, the Sanford Performance Center, the new stadium, updated Frost Arena, a new baseball field, a new softball field, and an Equestrian Center that have all gone up in the last decade. Ten years ago I would have called someone flat out crazy if they said that was all going to happen. It is reality, it takes money, and it will make Jackrabbit Athletics competitive with anyone we compete with at our level.

We all need to get behind it and do our part no matter how big or small that is. If you can afford to make a large donation, they need you! If all you can afford is a ticket on occasion, we need you as much as anyone. It takes everyone.

The future is bright for the Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

all this talk reminds me of the old saying "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it".

Comment

did this get signed and if so when are they able to start contstruction?
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Most SD laws take effect on July 1st. So unless the had an emergency clause that is the soonest you could start. I would guess construction would begin at the end of the 2014 season as I hear it will be done in stages

Comment

Working...
                                X