Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Via Tweet from TerryVandrovec
    JUST IN: South Dakota Senate approves proposed $60-65M @SDSUFootball stadium by 34-0 vote with 1 excused. Next stop: House Appropriations.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Via Tweet from TerryVandrovec
      JUST IN: South Dakota Senate approves proposed $60-65M @SDSUFootball stadium by 34-0 vote with 1 excused. Next stop: House Appropriations.
      This is pretty awesome. Hope the House goes smoothly as well, but there will be the usual 6-7 suspects there that will vote no, as they do on anything involving spending at higher education institutions.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

When does the stadium bill get back to the house?

Comment

http://legis.sd.gov/Legislative_Sess...n=2014&Bill=15

currently waiting to be heard in house appropriations.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
            When does the stadium bill get back to the house?
            The appropriations committees take bills the last day of the week right now. They do agency budget hearings during the week and just have bills on Thursday/Friday whichever is the last day. Also, all bills are required to pass the chamber of origin by Feb 24th. So if they have house bills to hear first they will do those before the senate bills. It is possible they could hear the bill this Friday the 21st if they get done with the House bills and move on to Senate Bills. Otherwise budget hearings are completed on the 25th and the committee will start to meet more often and get through the bills on the 26th and 27th.

Comment

Scheduled for a hearing this Friday the 21st in the House Appropriations.

http://legis.sd.gov/Legislative_Sess...5&Session=2014

Comment

Any news about the hearing on Friday? Or was it rescheduled?
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                  Any news about the hearing on Friday? Or was it rescheduled?
                  It was rescheduled. Not sure when it will be heard in the House Appropriations. Hopefully by the end of this week.

Comment

Scheduled for the 26th at 8 AM in house appropriations along with a couple other SDSU bills. It is the first bill up right at 8:00.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                      Scheduled for the 26th at 8 AM in house appropriations along with a couple other SDSU bills. It is the first bill up right at 8:00.
                      Thanks for the information. Will there be an audio or video stream of this meeting?

Comment

One more step before it gets to Governor's desk: http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...loser-approval

Comment

Any new on when House will vote on the Bill?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Any new on when House will vote on the Bill?
                            They have been holding all of the appropriations bills so far this week. There is a block of 12 of them that were deferred until tomorrow. I think they are waiting for more things to get in before they dive into the appropriations bill. Yes, I know that no general funds are in the SDSU stadium but it is just part of the process. Since they got through the rest of the calendar I would imagine they will probably take a few of them up tomorrow. Hopefully the SDSU stadium is part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
                              They have been holding all of the appropriations bills so far this week. There is a block of 12 of them that were deferred until tomorrow. I think they are waiting for more things to get in before they dive into the appropriations bill. Yes, I know that no general funds are in the SDSU stadium but it is just part of the process. Since they got through the rest of the calendar I would imagine they will probably take a few of them up tomorrow. Hopefully the SDSU stadium is part of that.

the bill was deferred for the fifth day and will go to next week. After next week, a two week recess happens so it would be great if the House passes SB15 before the break. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                                the bill was deferred for the fifth day and will go to next week. After next week, a two week recess happens so it would be great if the House passes SB15 before the break. Go Jacks!
                                If I understand the legislative calendar correctly, it has to be passed by Tuesday of next week. The rest of the week is reserved for concurrences. The last day after the session is restricted to potential veto overrides.

Comment

Working...
                                X