New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

I'm sure that was in the contract for Dennis check.
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      For those that haven't seen this yet... the Fargodome got a huge upgrade in terms of video boards. Basically 2 video boards the size of ours, one in each end zone, plus a lot of smaller boards to go along with that. Pretty amazing, here's a story on it.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/410029...ootball-opener

Here's a leaked picture of one of the ends of the stadium.

I hate to complain, but I think we can all agree that now that we have what we have, more video boards would be the next upgrade/addition. After that I would say more actual seats instead of bleachers with backs. Hey, might as well get the wish list going.
      The Fargo Dome may be loud and a true home field advantage, but man its an ugly facility on the inside!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        The Fargo Dome may be loud and a true home field advantage, but man its an ugly facility on the inside!
        Can't argue much there. It's not so bad when you're in the stands looking down, but it's pretty bad when you look up. It's sad because it wouldn't have taken much to make it look good. The dark green roof clashes with the blue and red seats. Why not use green seats to tie it together? Because elements of the city government at the time didn't want it to look like NDSU's facility. They wanted neutral colors. And the concrete along the top of the stands should be painted or covered. It looks bad contrasted against the green steelwork.

The choice of a different color seat(no cost difference) and a couple thousand dollars of paint and the FD interior would look completely different.

Comment

Not sure what signage is going on the west side of the back of the Dak board but maybe a big stretch SD would look nice.

Also so a side note, it would be nice to see something on the east corner of the North side of the SJAC. Rabbit head or again the stretch SD.

On a completely different note, I hope the media content is fresh and new as well. Shiny home digs, let them run out to some new music. Mix the pre video with old and new video content. And....this is just me but I'd shoot a barrage of fireworks off the top of Dak board when they break out onto the field...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

On a completely different note, I hope the media content is fresh and new as well. Shiny home digs, let them run out to some new music. Mix the pre video with old and new video content. And....this is just me but I'd shoot a barrage of fireworks off the top of Dak board when they break out onto the field...
            If we are going down that road.... Nothing takes away from the allure of a team running out through "smoke" like seeing two guys standing there shooting said smoke out of big fire extinguishers. At least try to hide them a little. Always thought that was very cheesy.

But it I digress, the stadium looks fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              ....this is just me but I'd shoot a barrage of fireworks off the top of Dak board when they break out onto the field...
              Can I suggest a friendly amendment? SJac or Dykhouse Center or all 3.

Perhaps like This (Skip to 1:16) somehow around the field https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjFHDbJO30

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Can I suggest a friendly amendment? SJac or Dykhouse Center or all 3.

Perhaps like This (Skip to 1:16) somehow around the field https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjFHDbJO30
                I'm up for that. All 3 would be great.

i love the idea of a harrier(hare, lol) taking off on the north side of the SJAC then shooting south leading the team out of the tunnel. Unfortunately that would really mess up tailgating, that's a big enough mess...

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  If we are going down that road.... Nothing takes away from the allure of a team running out through "smoke" like seeing two guys standing there shooting said smoke out of big fire extinguishers. At least try to hide them a little. Always thought that was very cheesy.

perhaps a giant jackrabbit head where the fog comes out his nose? 😉

Comment

YES. YES YES YES. Always have looked at that and thought it looks like a complete lack of effort there. Is it honestly that hard to at least attempt to obscure the view of those two guys?
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Went to the open house or whatever today. Stadium is gorgeous. Made me super excited for the home opener.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I generally agree but just watched a bunch of videos on YouTube of teams running through "smoke." Basically all of them (Miami, for example) had guys with fire extinguishers. My preference would probably be to just drop the whole "smoke" thing.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...nger/89347180/

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            The front of it is begging for the left, right, and top edges of it to be finished. There's no way that's what they want it to look like long term. Either they have other plans for it in the future, whether that be leaving room for a larger video board on the same structure or finishing it with some border or smaller displays, but there has to be something, and I wish I knew because it bugs me (more than it should).
                            If nothing else finish the area around the play clock so the steel holding it doesn't look like an afterthought.

Comment

The elevators got a good workout yesterday. Was it Loge to get beverage holders and not club seating? I did not notice beverage holders in club seating, but no big deal. Lots of small details to finish, definitely a big improvement over CAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                The elevators got a good workout yesterday. Was it Loge to get beverage holders and not club seating? I did not notice beverage holders in club seating, but no big deal. Lots of small details to finish, definitely a big improvement over CAS.
                                Beverage holders are in club seating they are located in front of your seats on the backside of the seats in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X