• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    That's great, but who are the chefs?
    "I'm Batman!”

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slosho; 08-20-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      "I'm Batman?”
      "Are you hurt?"

"Yah, I'm hurt. When people boo, it hurts my feelings."
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Just a few updates of the finishes outside. They are laying down the last layer of blacktop directly to the west of the stadium. They are packing the gravel directly to the west of the SJAC and Dykhouse SA Center. I would imagine that will get its first layer of tar today. Lightpoles and landscaping will happen soon. I've been told they are on the ground floor of the building doing the last of the finishing touches; light fixtures, pop machines, signage, etc.

Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The back of that giant scoreboard is just begging for a big rabbit logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            The front of it is begging for the left, right, and top edges of it to be finished. There's no way that's what they want it to look like long term. Either they have other plans for it in the future, whether that be leaving room for a larger video board on the same structure or finishing it with some border or smaller displays, but there has to be something, and I wish I knew because it bugs me (more than it should).

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              I believe it's coming...I haven't been by there today to see any progress, but yesterday afternoon there were braces being affixed to the area directly left of the First Premier wording. Not sure what, but something else will be there.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                I believe it's coming...I haven't been by there today to see any progress, but yesterday afternoon there were braces being affixed to the area directly left of the First Premier wording. Not sure what, but something else will be there.
                I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like this. It would be cool if it was a big Jackrabbit though.

Comment

I'll be honest, I hate that shield logo. Looks tacky to me. Just my opinion though.

I think a more traditional design if anything should have been used if they really need to put something there.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Screenshot_20160826-144523.jpg Here is the back of the scoreboard. Sorry for the bad photo. Not sure if they plan on putting anything to the left of the lettering or not.

Comment

For those that haven't seen this yet... the Fargodome got a huge upgrade in terms of video boards. Basically 2 video boards the size of ours, one in each end zone, plus a lot of smaller boards to go along with that. Pretty amazing, here's a story on it.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/410029...ootball-opener

Here's a leaked picture of one of the ends of the stadium.

I hate to complain, but I think we can all agree that now that we have what we have, more video boards would be the next upgrade/addition. After that I would say more actual seats instead of bleachers with backs. Hey, might as well get the wish list going.

Comment

Originally posted by gpirner View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]829[/ATTACH] Here is the back of the scoreboard. Sorry for the bad photo. Not sure if they plan on putting anything to the left of the lettering or not.
                        Nice, looks classy from what I can see in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          I'll be honest, I hate that shield logo. Looks tacky to me. Just my opinion though.

I think a more traditional design if anything should have been used if they really need to put something there.
                          Agreed. That thing looks like it was drawn up in 5th grade art class...
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            The front of it is begging for the left, right, and top edges of it to be finished. There's no way that's what they want it to look like long term. Either they have other plans for it in the future, whether that be leaving room for a larger video board on the same structure or finishing it with some border or smaller displays, but there has to be something, and I wish I knew because it bugs me (more than it should).
                            You are totally justified in this annoyance. It's so trashy compared to the rest!

Comment

Originally posted by gpirner View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]829[/ATTACH] Here is the back of the scoreboard. Sorry for the bad photo. Not sure if they plan on putting anything to the left of the lettering or not.
                              Another photo. I would assume something will be on the left side.
                              https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqzxjxmV...jpg&name=large

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Another photo. I would assume something will be on the left side.
                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqzxjxmV...jpg&name=large
                                Looks a lot better in this photo
                                Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Working...
                                X