Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Your line suggests you have info which convinces you a scoreboard will be added. Are you just speculating or are you saying there will be a new scoreboard on the north end this season? (I think West River Jack's report states the actual fact.)

But I hope my facts are wrong!
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Let's hope the money is found quickly and something like a ribbon board can come off the Daktronis production line while the season is young.
      Okay, guys, get your quarters and nickels together, it's the SDSUFans.com Pledge Drive for a 60' ribbon board to be mounted on the SJAC.

I will, as grumpy, moody and fickle proprietor of this establishment, respectfully but firmly demand of The Powers That Be that the board be named the "Coughlin-Alumni/SDSUFans.com Ribbon Board" if we come up with the exorbitant money that Dak will no doubt charge. (Anybody know what 60' ribbon boards run for nowadays? I might have to settle for a 40' ribbon board. But not a foot shorter. I have standards!)

(It is simply inexplicable, but I somehow failed to win the Powerball again--some oik in New Hampshire did, or so I hear. There Ain't No Justice.)
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Okay, guys, get your quarters and nickels together, it's the SDSUFans.com Pledge Drive for a 60' ribbon board to be mounted on the SJAC.

I will, as grumpy, moody and fickle proprietor of this establishment, respectfully but firmly demand of The Powers That Be that the board be named the "Coughlin-Alumni/SDSUFans.com Ribbon Board" if we come up with the exorbitant money that Dak will no doubt charge. (Anybody know what 60' ribbon boards run for nowadays? I might have to settle for a 40' ribbon board. But not a foot shorter. I have standards!)

(It is simply inexplicable, but I somehow failed to win the Powerball again--some oik in New Hampshire did, or so I hear. There Ain't No Justice.)
        Or they could put up the ~10 year old board that we spent a ton of money on...

That old board is nicer than 90% of FCS, its crazy that we can't find a use for it. If Dak doesn't want to help us out with hooking it up, give it to electrical engineering and let them play with it at the baseball stadium.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

That old board is nicer than 90% of FCS, its crazy that we can't find a use for it. If Dak doesn't want to help us out with hooking it up, give it to electrical engineering and let them play with it at the baseball stadium.
          I said the same thing...did they sell that board? It should have been places on the SJAC somehow. Could have placed it on the otherside and played stuff prior to games in the tailgate area. Well...we have a nice Jackrabbit to look at when we are looking North.....
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I hope they can swap out the large rabbit head on the SJAC for a video board someday. I wonder how large of board the SJAC could structurally support. I'm not sure if installing new support posts is possible with the buildings there. Corner boards might be the best solution. The rabbit head would look great on the backside of the existing scoreboard facing Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
              I hope they can swap out the large rabbit head on the SJAC for a video board someday. I wonder how large of board the SJAC could structurally support. I'm not sure if installing new support posts is possible with the buildings there. Corner boards might be the best solution. The rabbit head would look great on the backside of the existing scoreboard facing Frost.
              I really don't see the big need for another large video board. Maybe a small one in either of the corners, but that would really only benefit the students, as they are the only ones that have to turn around to see the video board and game information. I agree that something like a ribbon display would be nice, maybe attach it to the dykhouse in the North end zone. That's really all that is needed imo.

Comment

Single game tickets went on sale today to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Single game tickets went on sale today to the general public.
                  Anyone know how they're selling?
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    Anyone know how they're selling?
                    If you go to online ticketing you can see how many seats are available in most sections. Seems like there is plenty of open seats.

Comment

If you go to online ticketing you can see how many seats are available in most sections. Seems like there is plenty of open seats.
                      Interesting that the white sections won't show seats available.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Interesting that the white sections won't show seats available.
                        I was wondering if one or both were visitor sections.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'll refer back to my previous post on the subject.
                          Post #1745

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

At one time there was talk about putting that board in the baseball stadium. I have no idea if that was just bs over beer or something serious, and it wasn't from anyone from the athletic department that I heard it from, but I'm pretty sure I heard that as one juicy rumor for the destination of that board.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The webcam is now aimed toward the construction going on in the West parking lot. Not sure if this is to show some action, since the stadium view before was mostly or all complete, or in anticipation of practice and not wanting to show that on the webcam. Possibly both.

Comment

WE got tickets yesterday in 102 for the first 2 games and for hobo day. probably will get more fot the other games just not sure how many we will need for those games yet.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X