Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Does anyone know the deal with that empty section in the second tier to the left of the individual club seats? No seating there. Any thoughts?

My thought was a way to send up materials to loge area without having seats and narrow aisle in the way. I could be way off on my assessment too.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/754052234627854336
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Does anyone know the deal with that empty section in the second tier to the left of the individual club seats? No seating there. Any thoughts?
        I am trying find out what is going on east of Medary and Bypass US 14 intersection. They been digging this hole there forever! Did we discover iron ore on campus? Dont have a clue on the missing seats, maybe they are back ordered and have not arrive yet. I cant imagine this area not being used.

Comment

If you look to the north in the same section it would appear it would be for club seats as on that side club seats do extend past the entrance/exit. But this is just my guess when doing that comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            I am trying find out what is going on east of Medary and Bypass US 14 intersection. They been digging this hole there forever! Did we discover iron ore on campus? Dont have a clue on the missing seats, maybe they are back ordered and have not arrive yet. I cant imagine this area not being used.
            It is a water retention/detention pond. It is supposed to help with drainage from campus when we get heavy rains. Maybe the library won't flood every time it rains heavy.

Comment

Whille they got rid of the trees, The grassy tailgating area (1/2), the crappy bleachers, the mobile homes, the Daktronics board I built, the west grandstand, and the grass on the field. I think the checkerboard end-zones is one thing that if they would have changed there might have been a riot.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                It is a water retention/detention pond. It is supposed to help with drainage from campus when we get heavy rains. Maybe the library won't flood every time it rains heavy.
                Thank you! That answers my question.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  Whille they got rid of the trees, The grassy tailgating area (1/2), the crappy bleachers, the mobile homes, the Daktronics board I built, the west grandstand, and the grass on the field. I think the checkerboard end-zones is one thing that if they would have changed there might have been a riot.
                  I'm totally on board with the checkerboards . . . but then, I married a Tennessee grad, so . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

What is up with the extended panels of blue and yellow toward the east end of the end zone though? Ill hold my opinion until it's done, but it looks out of place now.

Did they install some, then take some off? This picture shows more turf than the webcam does, unless I'm going crazy.

IMG_20160716_070249.jpg

(RO, I know it's a small picture, please let me know how to post large ones when they're from Twitter)
                    Last edited by CappinHard; 07-16-2016, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      What is up with the extended panels of blue and yellow toward the east end of the end zone though? Ill hold my opinion until it's done, but it looks out of place now.
                      I'm assuming it's just part of the process to finish it
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

A guess: They purposely left a section incomplete in case they need to move equipment or materials up to the club level. Things like railings and counters that still need to be installed. They can come out the second level concourse then haul it up to the club level. Once construction is wrapping up, they'll install the last seats.

Comment

Just wondering if the manufacturer made a mistake on the design of the checkerboard. There are two places where the squares turned into rectangles. Also, the idea for the checkerboard end zone did come from the University of Tennessee. Former AD Fred Oien visited that campus in 1991 and was quite taken by the checkerboard end zones.

Comment

Looking at the Web Cam it appears last night's thunderstorm winds did a number on some of the turf in the north 1/3 of the field.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by WahpJack; 07-18-2016, 10:42 AM. Reason: Added Pic
                            If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                              A guess: They purposely left a section incomplete in case they need to move equipment or materials up to the club level. Things like railings and counters that still need to be installed. They can come out the second level concourse then haul it up to the club level. Once construction is wrapping up, they'll install the last seats.
                              Sounds reasonable to me.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me.
                                Oops, didn't realize that NWHSUandSDSU posted the same thing right after you asked. Eyes must have skipped over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X