beef bowl game day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: beef bowl game day

Oh yeah, Doug Peete, beast. He caused the pick 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      The team that dominated, I mean dominated most of the stats, TOP, 1st downs, 3rd down efficiency, rush, pass and total yds lost this game due to -5 TO's and 12 penalties for 114 yds. I won't bother to comment of special teams.

Sumner was okay but far from great passing the ball. He made great decisions and kept the team in it. SELA had a great defensive scheme and it appeared to me that Sumner was baffled. On many pass plays he didn't seem to know where the most likely 1st read would be and then seemed quick to look at the rush instead of check down to 2nd or 3rd option or his outlet. That said, he did more than enough to earn this win. He didn't panic. He didn't pass the spectacularly either.

So, 3-0, that is huge. Best RB in FCS and a solid Oline. Smart and experienced QB that will be even better than he has been. Hard working, non stop Dline and LBs with good run support from DBs and pretty damn good coverage tonight. Nearly picked a few more that we're completed. All great things.

Special teams, other than kicking, have to be better, it's got to be embarrassing for the players and coaches. The kick returns were basically like turnovers. Pinning the jacks deep and tying the offenses hands. Fix the damn kick returns and Jacks win handily.

No idea what happened on kick coverage. Was great at UND but shakey tonight. Got the W, 1-0.

Special teams was bad again, but I take solace that it seemed the KO return for a TD was a quasi-fluke. Had our first guy down there went for the tackle rather than the ball, it'd been and easy no gain return.

We lucked out on the punt in the 4th where, who was it, Tiefenthaler maybe? Caught the ball without fair catching and got drilled the second he caught it...I have no idea how he held onto the ball.

edit: nope: Wesley, not Tiefenthaler.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Shannon Moore has a lot of questions to answer about special teams. Let's pray he figures that dumpster fire out or we're going to be in a world of hurt one of these nights. It's disgusting that I am nervous for a simple kickoff or punt return.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          The team that dominated, I mean dominated most of the stats, TOP, 1st downs, 3rd down efficiency, rush, pass and total yds lost this game due to -5 TO's and 12 penalties for 114 yds. I won't bother to comment of special teams.

Sumner was okay but far from great passing the ball. He made great decisions and kept the team in it. SELA had a great defensive scheme and it appeared to me that Sumner was baffled. On many pass plays he didn't seem to know where the most likely 1st read would be and then seemed quick to look at the rush instead of check down to 2nd or 3rd option or his outlet. That said, he did more than enough to earn this win. He didn't panic. He didn't pass the spectacularly either.

So, 3-0, that is huge. Best RB in FCS and a solid Oline. Smart and experienced QB that will be even better than he has been. Hard working, non stop Dline and LBs with good run support from DBs and pretty damn good coverage tonight. Nearly picked a few more that we're completed. All great things.

Special teams, other than kicking, have to be better, it's got to be embarrassing for the players and coaches. The kick returns were basically like turnovers. Pinning the jacks deep and tying the offenses hands. Fix the damn kick returns and Jacks win handily.

No idea what happened on kick coverage. Was great at UND but shakey tonight. Got the W, 1-0.

With sumner he was smart didn't force stuff. Sela qb forced stuffed and we made them pay. Frankly our WR were not very good at getting open. That had more to do withtheir D confusing him as not having good options. Along with some wR dropped balls and some tight coverage all in all a good performance in some ways. His running was huge and his mental fortitude is better. Didn't make any bad plays. That shows his maturity.

was jones hurt? Like he's limping around some. To bad we can't get the ball in his hands more. Our offense has a similarity to the 49ers in the nfl good WR but not great. but when passing your best weapon is your tight end. When they get the ball to the TEs good things happen when you don't it puts to much pressure on a not spectactular receiving core.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jones has a bad wheel, foot injury. Hopefully he heels up quickly, pun intended.

Sumner can be and will be better. He missed some reads and missed some throws. He didn't make any stupid throws, again. He is a great QB that hasn't played all the way to his potential.

I still don't think the pistol suits him. I like him better under center or shotgun. I'm old.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Next year, for season tickets, Can I get in with a group from here that actually cheers/claps/yells during the game? I gotta get out of my section. Thank goodness I at least got aisle seats along the far north aisle so I stand and yell the entire game anyway, but man alive, I don't know why half the people even come to the game. It's not as bad when it's SE LA or Butler, but it's going to be embarrassing in two weeks when what..2000 bison fans out-do 15000 Jack fans in our place, and yes, it's going to happen.

I just need to get with some other people who want to be a part of the atmosphere.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                Next year, for season tickets, Can I get in with a group from here that actually cheers/claps/yells during the game? I gotta get out of my section. Thank goodness I at least got aisle seats along the far north aisle so I stand and yell the entire game anyway, but man alive, I don't know why half the people even come to the game. It's not as bad when it's SE LA or Butler, but it's going to be embarrassing in two weeks when what..2000 bison fans out-do 15000 Jack fans in our place, and yes, it's going to happen.

I just need to get with some other people who want to be a part of the atmosphere.
                Where exactly was that section... you know the one that was yelling and cheering?

Comment

Not surprised SELA gave us a good game (couldn't watch it due to work). The Lions are a good team with a good coach and I have a feeling this win will look better and better as the season goes on.

3-0 is a darn nice start (even if the wins have been a little sloppy) for a program that has traditionally been a slow starter. Hopefully the traditional "steady improvement" of Stig led teams holds true, then we'll be in good shape.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

After sleeping on it and not being as swayed by the last two minutes as I was immediately after the game I feel pretty good about our W. We took SELA's best punch and responded even though it wasn't our prettiest win and even though we weren't firing on all cylinders. Good teams find way to win even when not at their best. People can say that SELA gave us the game, but the fact is they made the mistakes and we didn't. Football isn't just a physical gme, but also mental.

I was incredibly impressed with Doug Peete. That guy was everywhere last night. Offense will be fine. SELA's defense was pretty athletic and exotic in their alignment. Those FBS transfer LB's looked like thy loved to hit. Special teams needs to get it together or they will cost us a win own the road.

Good win! I hope we keep playing SELA down the road as I think they are a program on the rise.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Agree with WSR. SELAs coaching staff was ca and collected supporting their guys all the way. Good program that will do well in the Southland this year and in the future.

Comment

Yes good win! All wins are. SELA certainly has athletic talent. Fortunately State has athletic talent also, Doug Peete is a beast, ZZ ran away from the DBs for the long TD. Also, State played smarter. In second half it appeared our DBs new where the ball was going and nearly had a couple more picks.

Return team needs to improve.

From my seat on north end it looked like the SELA return for TD was sprung by an illegal block. Anyone on the south end see that? No matter. Good win.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Anything on attendance?
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Am I losing it or is there no link on the argus page for TV's chat? I couldn't find it last week either. I like to go back and read through the live chat.
                            It's best to temporarily bookmark the link on gameday,then.after you've re-read it,you can delete the bookmark.Yes, i too have experienced this problem with the Argus,and i do subscribe to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                              Yes good win! All wins are. SELA certainly has athletic talent. Fortunately State has athletic talent also, Doug Peete is a beast, ZZ ran away from the DBs for the long TD. Also, State played smarter. In second half it appeared our DBs new where the ball was going and nearly had a couple more picks.

Return team needs to improve.

From my seat on north end it looked like the SELA return for TD was sprung by an illegal block. Anyone on the south end see that? No matter. Good win.
                              A lot of the people in section K noticed the illegal block and couldn't see the flag were surprised they let the play stand.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Anything on attendance?
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X