SELA Beef Bowl 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SELA Beef Bowl 2013

According to the NWS, this is the forecast for Saturday in Brookings.

"Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 66. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%."

And Saturday night: "A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Chance of precipitation is 40%."

Hopefully this weather doesn't deter any fans from coming. Should be a fun night.

Comment

I wish I weren't missing this game
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I saw roughly 3 quarters of SELA's game against TCU and came away impressed with how much they improved in a year's time.

I think they are the best OOC game on our schedule not hailing from the state of Nebraska and they'll compete for the Southland title (though they are probably a year away). The Lions won't have the vertical game that UND has but their QB is <Boston Accent> wicked fast and also a capable thrower. I still feel pretty good about this one being that it's at home and I think we are better at stopping the run/short passing game than at stopping the deep ball at the moment. Ultimately, I think we'll win in the trenches and, therefore, win the game.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Hope the Jacks D is watching this dude from TCU tonight. He is also <Boston Accent> wicked fast and shifty as hell. Gonna be there cheering on the Jacks.

Comment

If the weather can hold out, the crowd will be huge. My dad called to get 2 reserved tickets yesterday and was initially told they were all sold, but he checked online and saw there were two available on the 20 yard line, east side. It's general admission only now! Everyone get out there and cheer loud! I'm bringing my 3 year old son with me, and he will be yelling GO JACKS louder than about anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
              Personally, I think Bennett is a better QB than Taylor Martinez, but Martinez will obviously have a better supporting cast.
              Taylor Martinez gets a bad rep but he wasn't even recruited to Nebraska as a QB. He was a three star athlete recruit that convinced the coaches during his redshirt year that he can play QB in Big 10 football. Pretty impressive to me and his stats aren't bad at all. Last year he passed for 2800 yards 23TD 12int and also ran for over 1,000yds with 10tds. Not bad at all
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Taylor Martinez gets a bad rep but he wasn't even recruited to Nebraska as a QB. He was a three star athlete recruit that convinced the coaches during his redshirt year that he can play QB in Big 10 football. Pretty impressive to me and his stats aren't bad at all. Last year he passed for 2800 yards 23TD 12int and also ran for over 1,000yds with 10tds. Not bad at all
                Yep. I think he was a victim of his own hype, T Magic looked like the second coming of Michael Vick early in his RsFr season.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think we will have plenty of experience in the running quarterback this year over the

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1220 View Post
                    If the weather can hold out, the crowd will be huge. My dad called to get 2 reserved tickets yesterday and was initially told they were all sold, but he checked online and saw there were two available on the 20 yard line, east side. It's general admission only now! Everyone get out there and cheer loud! I'm bringing my 3 year old son with me, and he will be yelling GO JACKS louder than about anyone!
                    I wonder why so many Bison fans are coming to our game this weekend... to hear them tell it we only sell out reserved when they come to town. LOL, those guys are funny.

In all seriousness, the weather is going to keep people away from this one. This is the 1 football game a year my parents go to (get tickets from the bank), and they are planning on leaving after eating at the beef tents. I would guess 12,000-13,000 tops. I hope I'm wrong.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Yep. I think he was a victim of his own hype, T Magic looked like the second coming of Michael Vick early in his RsFr season.
                      I think it is the fans who see him miss an open wr and his odd throwing motion is what the biggest criticism against him is. Yes, he did come out blazing his RsFr year but he has improved every year even though his teams have had at least 9 wins but also had 4 losses and the fact that he has never won a NC or been close to winning one that hinders him the most. In fact, he is going to set an insane amount of numbers at Nebraska. By the time he is done, he will break 37 school records at Nebraska.

Here is an excerpt from an article on Taylor Martinez from just two days ago:
                      "Martinez needs 28 rushing yards to join four quarterbacks in FBS history who gained 3,000 on the ground and threw for 6,500. He needs 112 yards of total offense to become the ninth Big Ten player to accumulate 10,000. He's the active leader nationally in career rushing yardage and, historically, is among the likes of Vince Young and Colin Kaepernick."
                      Here is the rest of the article: http://www.espn.go.com/college-footb...ncoln-fishbowl
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        My comment was meant to be more of a compliment to Bryan Bennett than a knock on Taylor Martinez.

That said, I do hate watching Martinez throw the ball, not just because of his terrible throwing motion, but also that there is nothing on his throws. It also doesn't help that every time I do catch some of a Nebraska game, which is not often, he just hasn't played well. I honestly have nothing against the kid and actually enjoy watching him carry the ball, but watching him throw a football hurts my eyes.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Martinez's passing has improved, his running is superb, and his fumbling will help us knock them off next weekend.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                            Martinez's passing has improved, his running is superb, and his fumbling will help us knock them off next weekend.
                            He has really improved his throwing motion the last 2 years. He is a good runner, just not the scrambling ,elusive type but a straight line burner. I haven't checked this year but yeah,he coughed it up a ton last year.

Comment

I've got 4 tickets to the Beef Bowl. Section J. Rows 20-21 or thereabouts. PM me. Have to be picked up in Sioux Falls.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                                He has really improved his throwing motion the last 2 years.
                                Derek Domino and the rest of us Jackrabbit fans loved his previous throwing motion!

Comment

Working...
                                X