Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Butler - Home Opener

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    I'm getting pretty excited for Saturday. We have the tailgate menu laid out and I'm starting to check supplies. Gameday can't get here soon enough.
    Whats on the menu?

Our plan is to hit up Zestos. Sort of a family tradition. Ate there way to much in college. sort of sad they moved locations but when we come into town or leave after a day game its a good eat before driving back to SF.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Whats on the menu?

Our plan is to hit up Zestos. Sort of a family tradition. Ate there way to much in college. sort of sad they moved locations but when we come into town or leave after a day game its a good eat before driving back to SF.
      Grilled pork loin sandwiches and sweet corn and other sides. And bourbon. If its as hot as it would be in the SEC, might as well drink like we're in the SEC.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Grilled pork loin sandwiches and sweet corn and other sides. And bourbon. If its as hot as it would be in the SEC, might as well drink like we're in the SEC.
        Mint juleps?

Hurricanes?

Moonshine? (Read the words of "Rocky Top" sometime. Hilarious.)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

great, I am hungry at work and that sounds good. I am trying to talk the family into getting into the tailgating mood. They dont seem to find the trill of spending all day tailgating before the game as much fun as I do. But when its my parents in their late 60s and a 2 year and my wife pregnant. I tell um that most of their friends are retired and tailgate most games so it would be a nice time to get up with old friends but not dice yet. Im gonna keep working on um though.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Pork loin, brats, stuffed peppers and as always Old Mil Light at the Yankton Jackrabbit Club site. It doesn't get any better than OML.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Mint juleps?

Hurricanes?

Second greatest school fight song ever...... obvious which is the best. A buddy and I have always talked about going to a tennesse football game just to experience the band playing rocky top. guess thats not much of a start of a bucket list but it will have to do. get their corn from a jar.........

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Mint juleps?

Hurricanes?

I only drink mint juleps on Kentucky Derby day. Probably just drink it on the rocks with a little water. Not all day though, gotta switch to beer so as not to consume too much whiskey.

I guess I could bring the simple syrup and an orange and just drink Old Fashioneds all day. I love a good Old Fashioned, but that's a lot of work for a tailgate drink.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Pork loin, brats, stuffed peppers and as always Old Mil Light at the Yankton Jackrabbit Club site. It doesn't get any better than OML.
                  I usually drink marzens during tailgate, but I just don't feel like having that yet since it will be so damn hot out.

Comment

In a late development filbert (and yes, Snookums) plan to be at the game. filbert will be sporting his new ride (assuming it makes the trip from KC without incident).

Not entirely sure driving 450 miles in near-100-degree weather is quite the best way to break in a new car, but what can you do? At least I'm headed from gosh-darned-hot weather to just darned-hot weather. The chance of thunderstorms in SD Saturday and Saturday night is just added spice to the adventure.

The post-game fireworks better not be rained out!

By the way, plenty of good seats (well . . . seats in the east bleachers, anyway) available for the game.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Why is there so little information on Gojacks this year? Why no media guide or game notes? Am I missing something here, or are they slow this year?

Another question - Jacks win big - do they rise from #6 rated team?

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                        Why is there so little information on Gojacks this year? Why no media guide or game notes? Am I missing something here, or are they slow this year?

Another question - Jacks win big - do they rise from #6 rated team?
                        I was wondering that too, I like to read up the depth chart and player numbers so i can remember whose who during the game etc. all I know is I am having a hard time focusing on work right now because its so close to football.

Comment

I love the fact that my non-sports fanatic daughter (she is 15) Now loves going to the games as much as I do. I told her we were going to go to Brookings for the game and she was like... Oh.. where is my SDSU stuff, gotta make sure it is clean!! (also love that she plans on going to SDSU.) Her questions were... 1. Where is my stuff. 2. Who do they play? 3. Are we going to melt? Followed by we get to stay up in Brookings overnight and tour campus Sunday right? Such a good girl

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                            I love the fact that my non-sports fanatic daughter (she is 15) Now loves going to the games as much as I do. I told her we were going to go to Brookings for the game and she was like... Oh.. where is my SDSU stuff, gotta make sure it is clean!! (also love that she plans on going to SDSU.) Her questions were... 1. Where is my stuff. 2. Who do they play? 3. Are we going to melt? Followed by we get to stay up in Brookings overnight and tour campus Sunday right? Such a good girl
                            That is what this world and state needs more of. Creating a culture of SDSU. You have done well. I hope I can get my 2 year old to grow up with the love of SDSU that I have. he is only 2 and has been to 8 of 10 football games of SDSU that he has been alive for. the last home game of the year the last 2 years were just to cold for a 1 year old but he will be there saturday and in a new sdsu game day outfit.

Comment

And where exactly can I find you?
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I was wondering that too, I like to read up the depth chart and player numbers so i can remember whose who during the game etc. all I know is I am having a hard time focusing on work right now because its so close to football.
                                http://www.gojacks.com/downloads2/80...B_OEM_ID=15000

Put up this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X