2014 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

TV reported that Nettleton got a offer from Cal, I think it's safe to say......he gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      TV reported that Nettleton got a offer from Cal, I think it's safe to say......he gone.
      Where did he report that? I tried to find it.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Where did he report that? I tried to find it.
        Right at the beginning of the live chat this morning.

Comment

Daurice Fountain, WR headed to UNI. Chose over ISU (Red) and USD. Also had offer from SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Daurice Fountain, WR headed to UNI. Chose over ISU (Red) and USD. Also had offer from SDSU.
            Of the schools I'm glad he chose theUNI. In watching hudl I thought he and Hunt were very comparable. Dare I say I believe Hunt is a little quicker cutting and in and out of his breaks. It will be fun in 3 years judging how this class turned out.

Comment

Sioux City East WR Ronald Nash also chose UNI. That's a couple of good WR pickups for the Panthers today.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                Except he wasn't announced by them.

Could be a PWO, or a wait until Spring Ball or something else. I'm not sure, maybe SDSU walked away from him when he waivered. The thing to keep in mind is his teammate signed at Cal as well.

Or he could still be thinking about it. Or it could be announced late. Cal's recruiting twitter something or another said that they had a new offer out on signing day but you had to pay to gain access, little to nothing on twitter about it, just that he hopes to get an offer from Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  Except he wasn't announced by them.

Could be a PWO, or a wait until Spring Ball or something else. I'm not sure, maybe SDSU walked away from him when he waivered. The thing to keep in mind is his teammate signed at Cal as well.

Or he could still be thinking about it. Or it could be announced late. Cal's recruiting twitter something or another said that they had a new offer out on signing day but you had to pay to gain access, little to nothing on twitter about it, just that he hopes to get an offer from Cal.
                  Why does TV have him on his list of SDSU Signees?

Here is the link to TV blogs, you have scroll down to Foot ball recruits.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

Here is the link to TV blogs, you have scroll down to Foot ball recruits.

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/
                    that was a list of confirmed verbals commits that he wrote in his Tuesday blog, not confirmed signees.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Nettleton verbally committed to SDSU, and then received interest from Cal. However things worked out, he is not listed on the Jack's official Signing Day page.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=204980893

IMO, the Jacks have done a great job recruiting, whether or not Nettleton pans out. Whatever happens with him will happen. With the commitment it takes, recruits need to want to be here. Whether that means that Nettleton backs out or else takes more time to become comfortable with his decision.
                      Last edited by SlapJack; 02-06-2014, 08:28 AM. Reason: fixing typo's

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                        Nettleton verbally committed to SDSU, and then received interest from Cal. However things worked out, he is not listed on the Jack's official Signing Day page.

IMO, the Jacks have done a great job recruiting, whether or not Nettleton pans out. Whatever happens with him will happen. With the commitment it takes, recruits need to want to be here. Whether that means that Nettleton backs out or else takes more time to become comfortable with his decision.
                        Its wierd that TV still has him on his list. Mr Vandrovec is so careful about details, its as though there is still a chance he will sign an SDSU LOI. He may still do that.

Comment

Terry had the list made before he confirmed that he was holding out for Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

Maybe Nettleton will fall under the "Winston Wright" rule. Wright never signed either. He was a walk on. Turned out to be pretty darned decent as well. (Though he did have a brother here already).
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Maybe Nettleton will fall under the "Winston Wright" rule. Wright never signed either. He was a walk on. Turned out to be pretty darned decent as well. (Though he did have a brother here already).
                              What is Nettleton waiting for? Wouldn't Cal have offered by now if they were going to? No tweets? Nothing on Cal fb forums? This kid is an offensive playmaker we need.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                                What is Nettleton waiting for? Wouldn't Cal have offered by now if they were going to? No tweets? Nothing on Cal fb forums? This kid is an offensive playmaker we need.
                                Good question. He might be thinking about our winters and not totally comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X