Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    S Brandon Snyder committed to Iowa tonight as a PWO....https://twitter.com/brandonsnyder12/...16472580321280
    So it looks like he has snubbed NDSU for the Hawkeyes, hmmm interesting, HandoX said that many of NDSU recruits had FBS offers that were turned down to be a bison. Not true in Snyder's case apparently. I guess if SDSU image with NW Iowa was better.................

SlapJack and Bulldog can now point their cars east towards Iowa City and would have to bother coming to Brookings. What shame, I feel real bad.

Comment

I am thinking Jacks may have not had an offer out to Quinn Frisell?

@ChadCourrier: Former East player. RT Armstrong's Quinn Frisell (@_QF7_) is headed to Dakota Wesleyan next season.

Comment

I don't know if he has an offer from SDSU or not, but I believe 6'2 180lbs WR/DB Quinten Hunt from Buckeye Union HS in Buckeye, AZ was on campus this past weekend.

Scout...http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=7275288

HUDL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/107882...ights/62022377

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I guess if SDSU image with NW Iowa was better..................
          You would be amazed at what a magical state line does. I'm an SD native, and I would never have guessed how strong the hawkeye following is this far away from Iowa city. Move 20 miles across the state line, and it is night and day.

Comment

So it looks like he has snubbed NDSU for the Hawkeyes, hmmm interesting, HandoX said that many of NDSU recruits had FBS offers that were turned down to be a bison. Not true in Snyder's case apparently. I guess if SDSU image with NW Iowa was better.................

SlapJack and Bulldog can now point their cars east towards Iowa City and would have to bother coming to Brookings. What shame, I feel real bad.
            Ironic - Van Ginkel commits to USD and Snyder to Iowa on the same day. Sorry Nidaros not going to get rid of me that easily. I hope I'm wrong that Van Ginkel, Marlette, Snyder will have better college careers than Slade, Nettleton, and Romensko. Happier that Snyder choose Iowa City over Fargo. Van Ginkel will be Tyler Starr like sleeper in Vermillion! Happy with our 2014 class though. We addressed our needs for the most part. What our guys do from now until August 1 will demonstrate if we've narrowed the NDSU gap. I think our class stacks up against NDSU's.

Comment

If we can get either him or Fountain that would really round out this class. His initial burst is phenomenal, very shifty. The type of guy you want running the wr screen.

Great instincts on punt returns, knows how to make a guy miss and set up his blocks.

His d looks good too, not afraid to lay the wood.

Comment

I don't know if he has an offer from SDSU or not, but I believe 6'2 180lbs WR/DB Quinten Hunt from Buckeye Union HS in Buckeye, AZ was on campus this past weekend.

Scout...http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=7275288

HUDL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/107882...ights/62022377
                Hearing from very good sources that Quinten Hunt verbally committed yesterday. Also, Jordan Brown (CB from Paradise Valley, AZ) arriving in Brookings today with an offer on the table. Sounds like we are hopeful for a commitment from him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                  Hearing from very good sources that Quinten Hunt verbally committed yesterday. Also, Jordan Brown (CB from Paradise Valley, AZ) arriving in Brookings today with an offer on the table. I expect a commitment from him as well.
                  Awesome if he did. Reminds me a lot of Jaron Harris with his size and speed. Impressive film.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                    Ironic - Van Ginkel commits to USD and Snyder to Iowa on the same day. Sorry Nidaros not going to get rid of me that easily. I hope I'm wrong that Van Ginkel, Marlette, Snyder will have better college careers than Slade, Nettleton, and Romensko. Happier that Snyder choose Iowa City over Fargo. Van Ginkel will be Tyler Starr like sleeper in Vermillion! Happy with our 2014 class though. We addressed our needs for the most part. What our guys do from now until August 1 will demonstrate if we've narrowed the NDSU gap. I think our class stacks up against NDSU's.
                    I was trying to have a little fun with you guys. This the first time I have heard about our coaches not being welcome in any high school. Living in Nebraska for 20 years and having left 10 years ago, I used to send Trent Blaake tons of newspaper clippings etc. Trent by the way was just a lowly assistant for Mike Daly, but is today a VP for the San Fran 49ners. I had the feeling in talking with Trent that he was welcome just about any were. I could not buy players dinner but I can buy the coach one and I did a few times. Believe it or not, Trent read every clipping I sent him, and over dinner he would tell me who he was not recruiting but would not tell me who he was recruiting. Trent was quite the guy, and I have met a number of Stig's assistants as well, and to hear that they are not welcome in certain places is quite troubling to say the least. Apparently West Lyon has some talent that was apparently out of our reach. i.e Brandon Snyder. Did Snyder ever attend our camps? Or do any of the West Lyon players? With their coaches having a bad taste in their mouth, I suspect the answer is no.

Predicting career outcomes is risky at best, I trust our coaching staff and their choices of Slade Nettleton and Romanseko. As far as narrowing with NDSU, time will tell and I agree with your comments about NDSU.

Comment

Hearing from very good sources that Quinten Hunt verbally committed yesterday. Also, Jordan Brown (CB from Paradise Valley, AZ) arriving in Brookings today with an offer on the table. Sounds like we are hopeful for a commitment from him as well.
                      This would be a hell of a way to round out the class to get both of these guys. Good info!

Brown's profile....http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=6797582

Brown's HUDL....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/681416...ights/63184377

Comment

This would be a hell of a way to round out the class to get both of these guys. Good info!

Brown's profile....http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=6797582

Brown's HUDL....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/681416...ights/63184377
                        Agree, also the kid who throws the block at the 2:36 mark needs a pwo at least. Lined him up and layed him out.

Comment

I was trying to have a little fun with you guys. This the first time I have heard about our coaches not being welcome in any high school. Living in Nebraska for 20 years and having left 10 years ago, I used to send Trent Blaake tons of newspaper clippings etc. Trent by the way was just a lowly assistant for Mike Daly, but is today a VP for the San Fran 49ners. I had the feeling in talking with Trent that he was welcome just about any were. I could not buy players dinner but I can buy the coach one and I did a few times. Believe it or not, Trent read every clipping I sent him, and over dinner he would tell me who he was not recruiting but would not tell me who he was recruiting. Trent was quite the guy, and I have met a number of Stig's assistants as well, and to hear that they are not welcome in certain places is quite troubling to say the least. Apparently West Lyon has some talent that was apparently out of our reach. i.e Brandon Snyder. Did Snyder ever attend our camps? Or do any of the West Lyon players? With their coaches having a bad taste in their mouth, I suspect the answer is no.

Predicting career outcomes is risky at best, I trust our coaching staff and their choices of Slade Nettleton and Romanseko. As far as narrowing with NDSU, time will tell and I agree with your comments about NDSU.
                          To clarify, it is Central Lyon that has some sort of beef (apparently) with us. West Lyon does not, and we've had a handful of West Lyon guys on our team in the past decade. I think that relationship is very good, and if I had to pick one of those two school for us to have a funnel from, that's usually the more dominant program.

Snyder did attend a portion of the Senior camp, and he certainly was not out of our league talent-wise. We are already full at Safety, so it's pretty much as simple as that. There were guys higher on our board than him that had already verballed, which is why we never got to the point where we needed to offer. If you watch our guys' film and then watch Snyder's, I think you'll see why our verbals were graded higher.

In all honesty, I think the fact that NDSU offered him and we did not bodes really well for where our class is at versus theirs (at this particular position group).

Comment

To clarify, it is Central Lyon that has some sort of beef (apparently) with us. West Lyon does not, and we've had a handful of West Lyon guys on our team in the past decade. I think that relationship is very good, and if I had to pick one of those two school for us to have a funnel from, that's usually the more dominant program.

Snyder did attend a portion of the Senior camp, and he certainly was not out of our league talent-wise. We are already full at Safety, so it's pretty much as simple as that. There were guys higher on our board than him that had already verballed, which is why we never got to the point where we needed to offer. If you watch our guys' film and then watch Snyder's, I think you'll see why our verbals were graded higher.

In all honesty, I think the fact that NDSU offered him and we did not bodes really well for where our class is at versus theirs (at this particular position group).
                            Thanks as I said I am not a Dutchman from NW Iowa and know so little about the area. I had wondered about camps and apparently you answered that question. I say again, predicting a career is risky at best.

Comment

Speaking of being full at safety, I was hoping State could get Alex Kocour out of WI, but I doubt State has room.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

The fact that Snyder turned down a scholarship from NDSU to walk-on for the Hawkeyes probably means it wouldn't have made any difference if we had offered. If a player believes he can play FBS and gets the chance at hishome state school , they likely will take that opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X