Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    So his top schools are SDSU, Princeton, Kentucky, Oregon State and Minnesota, if I read that right, considering those are the schools he's visited. Sounds like he's waiting on an FBS offer.
    I think he is keeping an open mind to all schools he has visited. He has offers from FBS schools, including Oregon State.

Comment

Sorry KULawjack but Shaheed Salmon DE from FL verbals to the University of Central Arkansas.

@shaheed_salmon: I am blessed to say I've commited to the University of Central Arkansas!! #GoBears

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        I think he is keeping an open mind to all schools he has visited. He has offers from FBS schools, including Oregon State.
        I must have misread. Thought he was waiting on Oregon State.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Sorry KULawjack but Shaheed Salmon DE from FL verbals to the University of Central Arkansas.

@shaheed_salmon: I am blessed to say I've commited to the University of Central Arkansas!! #GoBears
          That is too bad. I thought he looked really good on film, but lets be honest, I don't know anything

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I must have misread. Thought he was waiting on Oregon State.
            He was scheduled to visit Rutgers last weekend but Oregon State offered him so he changed travel plans and headed to Oregon State instead.

Comment

Snyder from West Lyon offered scholarship by NDSU.

Comment

Are you kiddin me! Another kid driving through Brookings to get to Fargo. Have we offered him or are we full on DB's? I think athletes Slade and Nettleton are more the WR type. Very impressed with Romenesko as a safety. McCabe leaving leaves a hole at safety. Romenesko may have to play right away. He looks physically ready to. Any word on Van Ginkel from RVBH? Please don't tell me he's heading to Fargo as well!

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                  Are you kiddin me! Another kid driving through Brookings to get to Fargo. Have we offered him or are we full on DB's? I think athletes Slade and Nettleton are more the WR type. Very impressed with Romenesko as a safety. McCabe leaving leaves a hole at safety. Romenesko may have to play right away. He looks physically ready to. Any word on Van Ginkel from RVBH? Please don't tell me he's heading to Fargo as well!
                  To my knowledge, we haven't offered Synder. As much as I like seeing local kids on the roster, I doubt this will happen. We have 4 safety verbals and 3 db verbals, and like you said, these recruits look impressive on tape.

Comment

Does anyone know, do we have certain big recruits that we are waiting on? How is our scholarship situation?

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                      Does anyone know, do we have certain big recruits that we are waiting on? How is our scholarship situation?
                      I will take a stab at this, but only take it as a third party sharing what I've archived on here.

TV reported earlier this year that he thought our ceiling was 18 scholarships available for this class. We've currently made offers to 19 in this class, including a couple of junior college players that have already enrolled and are on campus for the spring semester. We did lose 3 underclassmen after the semester break - the Keely twins and Kupcikevicius. Two of these freshmen were on scholarship and one of the Keely's was a walk-on. That would indicate to me that we are in the neighborhood of one scholarship available.

It's hard to guestimate what Stig is going to do, but he could spread out the available scholarships among upperclassmen that are walk-ons. He could also use it if a blue-chip recruit falls through the cracks. This could include Robert Olson from Eden Prairie who has offers from FBS schools including Oregon State or Daurice Fountain who is gathering serious interest from Illinois. Who knows, there could also be a last minute recruit that we don't know about who may have got caught in a numbers crunch from a big time program.

Needless to say, Stig and staff have done a fine job of landing an outstanding class despite losing a few area players that could be facing the Jackrabbits in the years to come.

Comment

Did Nate Meyers the back up quarterback have a scholarship?

Comment

Robert Olson has now officially committed to Oregon State.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                            Did Nate Meyers the back up quarterback have a scholarship?
                            Pretty sure he was on full scholly, as were Kup and the one Keely kid. That should open up 3 slots. My guess is they'll save at least 1 for a kid that falls through the cracks or a jr college kid later this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              Pretty sure he was on full scholly, as were Kup and the one Keely kid. That should open up 3 slots. My guess is they'll save at least 1 for a kid that falls through the cracks or a jr college kid later this spring.
                              Everytime I see your "signature",I can't help but to think,"well this will probably be their last good year then"

Comment

S Brandon Snyder committed to Iowa tonight as a PWO....https://twitter.com/brandonsnyder12/...16472580321280

Comment

Working...
                                X