2014 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Bohl and Wyoming got another original FCS commit to flip to them, the first was SDSU offeree and EWU commit Connor Cain, and this time it was SDSU offeree and NDSU commit R'yone Winters.
    Last edited by BigGoosie13; 01-26-2014, 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Bohl and Wyoming got another original FCS commit to flip to them, the first was SDSU offeree and EWU commit Connor Cain, and this time it was SDSU offeree and NDSU commit R'yone Winters.
      Another Bohl sighting. Ryan Cummings, OT from Colorado has verballed to Wyoming. Had offer from SDSU.
      http://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Cummings-33908

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Another Bohl sighting. Ryan Cummings, OT from Colorado has verballed to Wyoming. Had offer from SDSU.
        http://247sports.com/Player/Ryan-Cummings-33908
        Just read where Bryson McCabe is transferring to Iowa Western. Any others not come back from break? Anyone know why? I really thought this kid would get on the field next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
          Just read where Bryson McCabe is transferring to Iowa Western. Any others not come back from break? Anyone know why? I really thought this kid would get on the field next year.
          Of the RS Freshman, The Keeley twins and McCabe have gone to Iowa Western CC and Kupcikevicius went to Ventura CC in Cali.

Interesting side note, we brought in 2 Safeties from last year, one from AZ and one from Okoboji.....the AZ kid is still here and the Boji kid is gone.

Comment

I haven't looked overly hard at all of the classes, but from what I can tell so far NDSU, Illinois State, and SDSU are all having killer recruiting classes. USD(they might be losing a couple of guys though here soon) and WIU are having really good classes (WIU got a NDSU commit to flip to them, beat us out on Kirsch, and beat out UNI on a QB). UNI has a small class so far, but two of their commits in Gordon and Ferch were recruited heavily by the rest of the Valley. Indiana State has got a couple of good local commits, but overall the class is nothing to write home about. I haven't looked into YSU, MSU, or SIU but those schools always tend to get one or two big time recruits and transfer ins each year.

Comment

Of the RS Freshman, The Keeley twins and McCabe have gone to Iowa Western CC and Kupcikevicius went to Ventura CC in Cali.

Interesting side note, we brought in 2 Safeties from last year, one from AZ and one from Okoboji.....the AZ kid is still here and the Boji kid is gone.
              I guess you could also say that 3 kids left outside the 150 mile radius and only 1 kid left within the 150 miles radius??? However you want to twist. Always hate to see kids from wherever they are from leave the program, especially so early.

Comment

I haven't looked overly hard at all of the classes, but from what I can tell so far NDSU, Illinois State, and SDSU are all having killer recruiting classes. USD(they might be losing a couple of guys though here soon) and WIU are having really good classes (WIU got a NDSU commit to flip to them, beat us out on Kirsch, and beat out UNI on a QB). UNI has a good class so far, two of their commits in Gordon and Ferch were recruited heavily by the rest of the Valley, plus they are bringing in a transfer DB from Arkansas. Woods is a good DT pick up for them to. SIU is bringing in 4 FBS transfers, and has a big time DE coming in plus Straub at QB who we really wanted. MSU look to be bringing in a lot of athleticism, and have numerous guys that have committed to them over FBS offers. Indiana State has got a couple of good local commits, but overall the class is nothing to write home about. I haven't found a good enough list of YSU commits to form an opinion of them so far, but they always tend bring in transfers and good athletes from the south.

Comment

Not sure if you are asking me directly or not because you quoted my post but I will answer. Terry V. reported a few weeks ago walk-on Freshmen LB Nate Miexell was leaving the team and one we all know QB Nate Meyer.

*For those keeping track Lake Crystal is 147 miles from Brookings and Cold Springs, MN is 180 miles from Brookings.

Comment

I guess winning the hamburger eating constest at Culver's must have went to Keeley head. Don't know which one won it, but none-the-less they gone. Oh well. Its about scholarship dollars, and I am not surprised more have not left. Not everyone gets those dollars.

Comment

I guess you could also say that 3 kids left outside the 150 mile radius and only 1 kid left within the 150 miles radius??? However you want to twist. Always hate to see kids from wherever they are from leave the program, especially so early.
                      Nah, it was just a poke at you for pimping NW IA so hard while calling out AZ talent for not being able to tough it out. Every team has players transfer and quit every year, from both near and far. The fact is this year we have lost 2 scholarship players in Jelsma and McCabe from inside your "150 mile" circle, while losing 3 scholarship players in Stacy Keeley, Kup, and Meyer from outside of it. Whenever a recruiting class signs, you can guarantee that by the time the class graduates you will have lost about a 1/4(more or less) of them for whatever reason(playing time, homesick, can't handle school/workload).

A 150 mile radius is to small and unrealistic, it covers less that half of SD, virtually no Nebraska, maybe an 1/8th of Iowa and a 1/4 of Minnesota. It excludes the capital city of Pierre and Rapid City, the second largest city in the state. A 300 mile radius is more realistic, and is where the majority of our recruits come from. It includes almost all of SD, 2/3rds of Nebraska, 3/4ths of Iowa, 4/5ths of Minnesota, and the western 1/3rd of Wisconsin.

4/5 of our 1st Team All Conference players are from within the 300 mile radius(Wright's the outlier), and 6/10 of the all conference players are from within it(Wright, Benedetto, Butler and Peete are the outliers). 2/3 of our All Americans are from within it(Wright again).

Comment

Another thing that we are finding out through this recruiting season is that Dan Jackson is a recruiting monster, hopefully we can find away to keep him for the long haul. He is the reason we have had so much success in Omaha and Nebraska this year.

Comment

Kelepi Fifita committed to Northern Arizona and Malik Harris committed to Illinois State. Hopefully Harris will still visit, fingers crossed.

Comment

Ross Reynolds OG verbals to Iowa. Had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Andre Chisley Jr., a 6'3 210lbs LB from Hopkins HS in the Cities has committed....https://twitter.com/Niedorfs_News/st...85708363751424

If you look up his twitter, he looks real excited about it. It says he is going to officially commit today, he must have told his coaches last night so they already leaked it. It also looks like he visited this past weekend.

HUDL...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/186024...ights/98069408

Comment

Interesting D1/D2 philosophical article regarding Quintanillas' Augie decision. Best of luck to him at Augie.

http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/7...ntanillas-lead

Comment

Working...
                                X