Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 preseason poll

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
    Kirk's a local kid, my kids went to school with him and I've had the pleasure of watching him for some time. If the NFL gig doesn't work he will go to medical school however as well spoken and intelligent as he is I could see him in broadcasting too.
    Washington loves this kid, both franchise and the fans

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      Lindy's Top 25

1. North Dakota State
      2. Georgia Southern
      3. Montana State
      4. South Dakota State
      5. Wofford
      6. Eastern Washington
      7. Central Arkansas
      8. Towson
      9. Villanova
      10. Sam Houston State
      11. New Hampshire
      12. Appalachian State
      13. Northern Iowa
      14. Stony Brook
      15. Coastal Carolina
      16. Northern Arizona
      17. Bethune-Cookman
      18. Eastern Illinois
      19. Youngstown State
      20. Chattanooga
      21. Richmond
      22. Illinois St
      23. Montana
      24. Wagner
      25. Tennessee State

Four teams in the league in Top 25.
      Is this the highest the Jacks have ever been ranked, pre-season, or regular?

Comment

So does Kirk Cousins.
        From what I gather from Stig's comments about ZZ, he is a very dedicated student academically. In fact he missed some practice last fall because it was a conflict with a course in Organic Chemistry. I think taking this course at this particular time was important in his over all goal of getting a degree on a timely basis. ZZ certainly has the right to change his mind, but he seems to have his goals built around a life time profession that does not include NFL football.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          Four teams in the league in Top 25.
          I counted five, NDSU, SDSU, UNI, Youngstown, Ill State, am I wrong?

Comment

Nope, just a better counter.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Five teams in the league in Top 25.
              Pretty certain that this is the highest any non-Homer has picked the Rabbits. Hope it plays out this way. Maybe Jacks won't get scheduled into Fargo for at least an extra round if this were to be the final regular season poll standings used by the selection committee.

Comment

Nope, missed Ill State first time around. Five in 25 - pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Pretty certain that this is the highest any non-Homer has picked the Rabbits. Hope it plays out this way. Maybe Jacks won't get scheduled into Fargo for at least an extra round if this were to be the final regular season poll standings used by the selection committee.
                  If this plays out we would be the #4 seed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would mean the earliest we would play NDSU would be the semi's?????

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    If this plays out we would be the #4 seed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would mean the earliest we would play NDSU would be the semi's?????
                    Yes, if this held true, and the selection committee used it, NDSU 1 seed, Jacks 4 seed, if won through, would play in the FargoDome for the right to advance to the championship game in Frisco. Also, Jacks would be a host for the proceeding 2 games (wouldn't play in the 1st round like Jacks did last year).

Comment

One thing is for certain, we will get every opportunity to prove that we deserve such a high pre-season ranking. It's pretty much a given that you have to win most of your home games in order to make the playoffs. Those home games include NDSU, SIU, UNI, and Indiana St. It's going to be a grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        One thing is for certain, we will get every opportunity to prove that we deserve such a high pre-season ranking. It's pretty much a given that you have to win most of your home games in order to make the playoffs. Those home games include NDSU, SIU, UNI, and Indiana St. It's going to be a grind.
                        Huge grind and with the difficult schedule all the teams in the MVFC face its very likely that even a top 10 caliber team could have 3 losses. They wouldn't likely be ranked in the top 10.

I think #4 is high, really high. Too many questions at too many positions for this team to be considered top 10 in my completely unqualified opinion. I hope they prove me dead wrong like they did last year.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I thought Georgia Southern moved up this year, and aren't eligible for playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                            I thought Georgia Southern moved up this year, and aren't eligible for playoffs.
                            They can still be ranked.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I believe that App St., Old Dominion, and Ga Southern are not exceeding the 63 schollies this season, so are still eligible for FCS play-offs. However, because these schools have announced that they are moving on, the CAA and the SoCon have elected to make these schools ineligible for the AQ from the conference for 2013 season. I know that the CAA did that to ODU last season. ODU should have been the AQ last season based on their record in the CAA. But they were ruled ineligible for the AQ. Southland did the same to UCA, but they were ineligible because still in transition DII to DI at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                                ODU should have been the AQ last season based on their record in the CAA. But they were ruled ineligible for the AQ. Southland did the same to UCA, but they were ineligible because still in transition DII to DI at the time.
                                It interesting how good some of these transitition teams are. I recall both games with UCA were close games and they seem to play with Sam Houston and beat them one year. Same might be said of Omaha in Baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X