Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nebraska 2013

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Renewed my FB season tickets today, allocation scheduled for May 1st on the basis of priority points. I like the concept.

Husker tickets will be first come first serve based on priority and requests. They will allow 1 NU ticket per season ticket ordered with a limit of 4 NU tickets total. So, I will be reducing my season ticket order to 4. Saves me a little money that way.

Youre saying a person can only get 4 neb tickets? I need 6 or 7

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      Youre saying a person can only get 4 neb tickets? I need 6 or 7
      I could use about 20. No one is guaranteed any NU tickets at this point. Once SDSU determines the number the Huskers will give us the Athletic Department will distribute their share and then release the remainder to season ticket holders based on priority points. If you don't have enough priority points you won't get any NU tickets. Non season ticket holders have no chance at the SDSU tickets.

They limit the number each season ticket holder can get to prevent someone from gobbling them all up. This year they have decided to limit it to 4 tickets per season ticket holder regardless of the number of seats you own. Last time they let us get 6 each.

You'll still have access to NU tickets they will just be on the scalpers market or stub hub.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am hoping to get tickets from the same people I got mine from last time. Only charged us face value.

Comment

Renewed my FB season tickets today, allocation scheduled for May 1st on the basis of priority points. I like the concept
          I don't it's terrible for people with a job with standard hours.
          Last edited by slosho; 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM. Reason: auto correct

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I don't it's terrible for people with a job with standard hours.
            I'm guessing the priority isn't based on first come first serve, but how long a person has had tickets. I could be wrong, though.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              I'm guessing the priority isn't based on first come first serve, but how long a person has had tickets. I could be wrong, though.
              You also get points for donation $ to the athletic department. I can't remember exactly but it's something like 1-2 pts for every $100.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                you are correct, however the way i understand it is going to work is: priority points get you the first available window to call in and get your tickets. the window is during business hours and at which point you have your choice of seats that are still available. so it seems possible that someone thats is grouped in with someone else that may have more priority points, but if the person with the lower priority points gets the phone call in first they can get seats and the other person may be out of luck for those seats.

Comment

you are correct, however the way i understand it is going to work is: priority points get you the first available window to call in and get your tickets. the window is during business hours and at which point you have your choice of seats that are still available. so it seems possible that someone thats is grouped in with someone else that may have more priority points, but if the person with the lower priority points gets the phone call in first they can get seats and the other person may be out of luck for those seats.
                  Only ten people are grouped together every hour, correct? You can also select your seats online as well.

Comment

Its not perfect but gives you flexibility in choosing what you consider the best seats. Previously allocation was based on what SDSU considered best seats. With this system you get plenty of lead time to schedule time to select your seats and can do so online or by calling if online is not an option. You can see where you rank based on priority points by logging on to your account at gojacks.com.

The Yankton group has traditional sat in the same area for years and intend to keep that as intact as possible. The seats are 20 rows up and I think as good as any in the stadium. I don't want to be lower. The new system allows us to select seats in that area. Granted, someone without much priority may lose their seats, that is why it is beneficial to buy season tickets and donate to the athletic programs, Jackrabbit club.

Can't please all the people all of the time.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Its not perfect but gives you flexibility in choosing what you consider the best seats. Previously allocation was based on what SDSU considered best seats. With this system you get plenty of lead time to schedule time to select your seats and can do so online or by calling if online is not an option. You can see where you rank based on priority points by logging on to your account at gojacks.com.

The Yankton group has traditional sat in the same area for years and intend to keep that as intact as possible. The seats are 20 rows up and I think as good as any in the stadium. I don't want to be lower. The new system allows us to select seats in that area. Granted, someone without much priority may lose their seats, that is why it is beneficial to buy season tickets and donate to the athletic programs, Jackrabbit club.

Can't please all the people all of the time.
                      My initial beef with the new system - and maybe there is a solution so if you have one offer as I, admittedly, haven't had time to look at it closely yet. We have a group of about 12-15 that have sat together the past handful of years. We each buy our individual season tickets, each donate to Jackrabbit club, but also have varying priority points for one reason or another. Based on my initial read of the letter, we wouldn't be able to request to be seated together until the person with the least priority points is allotted their selection time - meaning we might lose our seat location if chosen by others higher up the food chain. Is that right?
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        My initial beef with the new system - and maybe there is a solution so if you have one offer as I, admittedly, haven't had time to look at it closely yet. We have a group of about 12-15 that have sat together the past handful of years. We each buy our individual season tickets, each donate to Jackrabbit club, but also have varying priority points for one reason or another. Based on my initial read of the letter, we wouldn't be able to request to be seated together until the person with the least priority points is allotted their selection time - meaning we might lose our seat location if chosen by others higher up the food chain. Is that right?
                        Yes. Were you able to get your requested seats regardless of priority at the last allocation? If so, that may not have been appropriate. I could be wrong but I thought allocation was suppose to be based on priority points not relationships or favors. I'm not upset or trying to be accusatory just stating what I understand.

Comment

Yes. Were you able to get your requested seats regardless of priority at the last allocation? If so, that may not have been appropriate. I could be wrong but I thought allocation was suppose to be based on priority points not relationships or favors. I'm not upset or trying to be accusatory just stating what I understand.
                          Yes, we were able to get our seats at the last allocation. We all purchased our seats individually throughout the renewal process and then asked on our request to be placed as a group. Maybe the deal is we aren't being placed in the "high priority point" seats, so it isn't a big deal. We have had seats in row 14-18 range, and weren't in the middle sections. I don't think there were any favors or relationships involved.

The new system just doesn't seem to allow you to make that request unless you wait until the individual with the least priority points is up. A call to the ticket office will probably solve it, as I'm sure they have a solution to allow groups to sit together. I know that if our group gets broken up, there is a possibility that less season tickets will be sold as many of the folks in attendance (read: wives) are there just as much for the socialization with the group as the game - which is just fine as it should be fun for everyone.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Yes, we were able to get our seats at the last allocation. We all purchased our seats individually throughout the renewal process and then asked on our request to be placed as a group. Maybe the deal is we aren't being placed in the "high priority point" seats, so it isn't a big deal. We have had seats in row 14-18 range, and weren't in the middle sections. I don't think there were any favors or relationships involved.

The new system just doesn't seem to allow you to make that request unless you wait until the individual with the least priority points is up. A call to the ticket office will probably solve it, as I'm sure they have a solution to allow groups to sit together. I know that if our group gets broken up, there is a possibility that less season tickets will be sold as many of the folks in attendance (read: wives) are there just as much for the socialization with the group as the game - which is just fine as it should be fun for everyone.
                            I'm in the same boat as you. I plan to call the ticket office to discuss.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Nearly identical to they way we have done it previously. The Yankton group is up in the 20-25 row area not right in the middle of the grandstands. I don't anticipate that there will be any problem remaining in about that same area. Any new season ticket holders are not likely to have more priority points than those that have had season tickets previously. I think for the most part it can be worked out.

Comment

Perhaps the greatest risk is one may make new Jackrabbit friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X