GDT: 2nd Round FCS Championships SDSU @ NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: 2nd Round FCS Championships SDSU @ NDSU

Austin's passes aren't close enough to receivers, man. Need better. And need better from everybody else, too. Except for Ethan Sawyer. He looks great.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Alright, I'm out. All hail our Bison Overlords. Fire Stig. See everyone at Frost tonight!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I would say that NDSU's coach is much better, but I would also say there is a pretty decent talent gap....mainly their defense. Their d-line is killing us. Bison D is much better than the Rabbit D.

Hopefully the Bison coach goes on to bigger and better things here shortly. Maybe Nebraska where hopefully Bo Pelini gets canned in a year or two.

Comment

We really need to stop them here and answer with a TD. If that doesn't happen, it will really hurt our chances.

We definitely look like the new kids on the block playing the defending champs.

Comment

We are struggling. Apparently running a vanilla offense can only do so much when the other team has seen the same offense for like 15 years now. Runs up the middle and 10yard outs for the wr. Here is my point about the offense needing to have different looks. One formation for running with zenner behind sumner. 2 passing formations zenner next to sumner or empty back field. They know what we are going to do.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Rabbit Slim's View Post
              I would say that NDSU's coach is much better, but I would also say there is a pretty decent talent gap....mainly their defense. Their d-line is killing us. Bison D is much better than the Rabbit D.Hopefully the Bison coach goes on to bigger and better things here shortly. Maybe Nebraska where hopefully Bo Pelini gets canned in a year or two.
              Agree
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Four yards rushing? WTF.

Comment

We also shouldn't forget where Stig has gotten us these first few years in the FCS. SDSU football was almost nothing before the jump up. SDSU used to be a joke to NDSU in football.

That being said, we need much better play from the whole team and staff to have a shot in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    What did the coaches do all week? Sit back in their chairs and watch tape from EIU game and smile about how great of a job they did last week???
                    Ahhh don't fool yourself, SDSU didn't need to practice, all jack fans know that you guys were guaranteed a win today. After all it is the second match up of the year and we all know it's impossible to win two games against the same team in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                      Four yards rushing? WTF.
                      Zach only has 6 carries. He needs way more touches to get going.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The biggest difference is execution. Talent is compareable but they don't hurt them selfs. We do. We run a vanilla offense and can't even execute well. The talent isn't the issue. Play calling and formations we use. We don't make the other team prepare for anything different.

Hope its a tale of 2 halfs.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There's also lots of talk of the NDSU defensive line dominating our O-Line on the radio. I have not seen it myself but heard Tyler use the word "domination" multiple times already regarding that.

Comment

For all you posters that said the Bison peaked 6 weeks ago and that the jacks were only getting better, any chance you want to rethink that.
                            For the posters that said NDSU would not score more than 20. Do you know of some new play or rule that takes points off the board, I would like to see it.
                            For the posters that said Zenner was going to rush for 150 and a TD, he still might do it. If he rushes 50 or more times in the second half.

Comment

6 rushes is what I would call domination. SDSU has largely given up on running the ball. SDSU had maybe 1 carry that did anything. How many sacks or QB runs based on no time have we seen? Not to call you out, but I see a pretty steady dose of domination of SDSU's offensive line.

Comment

Originally posted by TennBison View Post
                                For all you posters that said the Bison peaked 6 weeks ago and that the jacks were only getting better, any chance you want to rethink that.For the posters that said NDSU would not score more than 20. Do you know of some new play or rule that takes points off the board, I would like to see it.For the posters that said Zenner was going to rush for 150 and a TD, he still might do it. If he rushes 50 or more times in the second half.
                                Cool story bro
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X