• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 344Johnson
    replied
    Re: NDSU/SDSU common opponents

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    it will be played inside a toilet bowl of a dome..

Someone whose team calls Caughlin Alumni Stadium home is referring to the Fargodome as a toilet bowl??

Sham wow.

Leave a comment:

• 344Johnson
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    It's not rubbing it in...it's what happened. I like how the NDSU fans are generating an extra touchdown or two, against the Jacks D, in which they really couldn't score except for a complete mental breakdown of counting and an unfortunate penalty. Jensen isn't running this time, just so you know. We all know that 12th man was State's own not the Fizzoni faithful....your welcome.
    SDSU couldn't do anything until late in the game when the Bison had a two score lead with little time left.

It's not rubbing it in, it's what happened.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I was trying not to rub it in........
    It's not rubbing it in...it's what happened. I like how the NDSU fans are generating an extra touchdown or two, against the Jacks D, in which they really couldn't score except for a complete mental breakdown of counting and an unfortunate penalty. Jensen isn't running this time, just so you know. We all know that 12th man was State's own not the Fizzoni faithful....your welcome.

Leave a comment:

• tjbison
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    WTF? Why would you waste your time putting together a worthless comparison like this? Almost any statistic is going to favor the Bison. They won the conference, while they dominated most of their opponents. The game won't be played on paper, it will be played inside a toilet bowl of a dome. The final score of that game is the only statistic that will matter.
    At least we actually have toilet bowls..........

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

WTF? Why would you waste your time putting together a worthless comparison like this? Almost any statistic is going to favor the Bison. They won the conference, while they dominated most of their opponents. The game won't be played on paper, it will be played inside a toilet bowl of a dome. The final score of that game is the only statistic that will matter.

Leave a comment:

• THEsocalledfan
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    What about this common "opponent" Jack 17 Fizzonis 20?
    It's a long way to Saturday so let the Mental Masturbation over meaningless stats and scores begin!!!!!!!
    I was trying not to rub it in........

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

What about this common "opponent" Jack 17 Fizzonis 20?
    It's a long way to Saturday so let the Mental Masturbation over meaningless stats and scores begin!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jackbusiness09
    replied

So you're saying this could be a whale of game?

Leave a comment:

• THEsocalledfan
    started a topic NDSU/SDSU common opponents

NDSU/SDSU common opponents

I just posted this a bit ago on Bisonville, but figured you all would find this interesting:

Well, much is being made of how tough the Jacks played NDSU a few short weeks ago. I have seen many folks posting different numbers, and it got me to thinking how did the teams did with common opponents:

Indiana State 10
    SDSU 24

Indiana State 17
    NDSU 14

So, at this point, +17 point differential for SDSU.

Missouri St. 7
    SDSU 17

Missouri St. 17
    NDSU 21

So, point differential on this game is +6 for SDSU, running the overall to +23 for SDSU. This is also when this exercise gets fun!

UNI 27
    SDSU 6

UNI 33
    NDSU 21

So, point differential on this game is +33 for NDSU, flipping the overall to +10 for NDSU.

Youngstown 28
    SDSU 41

Youngstown 7
    NDSU 48

So, point differential on this game is +28 for NDSU, making the overall total +38 for NDSU.

SIU 12
    SDSU 16

SIU 17
    NDSU 23

So, point differential on this game is +2 for NDSU, making the overall total +40 for NDSU.

USD 8
    SDSU 31

USD 0
    NDSU 54

So, point differential on this game is +31 for NDSU, making the overall total a staggering +71 for NDSU, not including the win over SDSU. Granted, NDSU was on a seek and destroy mission for the USD game. I pity any fool that played them that week.

With all this said, I think we would all agree the top half of the league is much better than the rest. The common top tier opponents were Indiana St. and SIU. The point differential for those two games favors SDSU +15!

Observations:

1. It is clear NDSU really "played down" to Indiana St.'s level. They should have never lost that game and I am sure they would not have if not for the 2 pick 6's and the last interception.
    2. If you look at the stats for the SDSU-UNI game, UNI only had 70 more yards of offense. The two things that standout for SDSU were two turnovers and more penalty yards.

So, in my book, this game comes down to the team who does not turn the ball over or does it less. I tend to think NDSU is much better athletically both in starters and subs based on how bad they pasted many team that SDSU did not, but not sure this will matter on Saturday......
Working...
X