NDSU/SDSU common opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU/SDSU common opponents

I can't wait until 3 PM on Saturday so this we're better than you crap is over with. Time to play the game.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Just shows how nervous you and the rest of the buffalos are. You guys have a good team but sorry to burst your bubblr coming here and expecting sdsu to bow down to the greatness of ndsu. Hopefully ndsu goes in as over confident as you. If your team thinks you blew us out of the water like ndsu fans do. You guys will be in for a big surprise. We handed that game to you on a silver platter and you took advantage of it. That's what good teams do. Ndsu has proven they are beatable in the dome. If they go in thinking they will win again just because you won the first time. You will be sadly mistaken. You need to wise up.
      NDSU gave SDSU every chance to win that game and they didn't do it. NDSU threw a pick in rabbit territory and fumbled a kickoff return. The team with more turnovers still won the game. NDSU is beatable anywhere of course, I'm sure they are aware of that. They know if they lose, they go home.

Some fans of other teams have such inferiority complexes when it comes to dealing with NDSU folks. Goodness gracious.
      North Dakota State University
      11 Time National Champions
      '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Well I guess you could say that since Zenner didnt have a great game and he normally does, that would mean he should be more confident and have a great game again.

What NDSU should be thinking is that we lost the TO battle and got lucky we won. Lets face it SDSU had a few mental mistakes that normally dont happen so I don't see any reason why the team should be any less confident. If anything it should be NDSU who lost confidence with sneaking out with a lucky win. But go ahead call me a homer or what ever. Still doesnt change the fact that SDSU is more then ready and confident they can win this game. NDSU can be confident if they want but lets face the facts, ISUB beat NDSU in fargo and they arguably did not play a great game either to get the win.
        Running backs can't have good games when the defense isn't getting pushed around. I think comparing Zenner's stats to other good running backs against NDSU shows he did just fine considering the defense (see Bell's production against NDSU in 2 seasons).

ISU-B did beat NDSU in Fargo. Brock threw 2 pick sixes and a pick after the Bison were in field goal range. ISU-B didn't have to play great with the Bison offense doing that poorly. He single-handedly lost the game for NDSU.

So because NDSU didn't blast SDSU out of the dome Youngstown State style the Bison should have lost confidence? That's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
          NDSU gave SDSU every chance to win that game and they didn't do it. NDSU threw a pick in rabbit territory and fumbled a kickoff return. The team with more turnovers still won the game. NDSU is beatable anywhere of course, I'm sure they are aware of that. They know if they lose, they go home.

Some fans of other teams have such inferiority complexes when it comes to dealing with NDSU folks. Goodness gracious.
          What is it about some Bison fans that allow them to think that SDSU's offensive results were a fluke and their's were completely legitimate?

Does the SDSU turnover that led directly to NDSU's first TD not count? How about the 12 yard punt by SDSU, which basically amounts to a turnover...that didn't count either. Or how about the two drive-extending unforced penalties that SDSU committed leading to NDSU's only other TD - do those matter? They allowed that drive to go from a daunting 40+ yard FG, to an easier 20 yard FG, to a TD. But those don't count, right? SDSU played perfect while the Bison were sub-par and still couldn't beat the mighty Bison.
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Is it Saturday yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
              Is it Saturday yet?
              Exactly.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Well....looks like we got all of our blowhard crap out of the way. Jacks women and men are on the Midco tomorrow night......we can watch the Men pummel UND. I think we can all agree on that. Pass a little time.......
                (this is code for, I don't have any more time to waste on this go nowhere debate, when it's all going to be solved on Saturday anyways! Regardless of what is said here)
                Last edited by Theee Catrabbit; 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

^^This^^

Kool Aid consumption is at an unreasonably high level around here these days.*

*admin - permission to join the lunacy and go all lakes on this thread? i want to play, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    What is it about some Bison fans that allow them to think that SDSU's offensive results were a fluke and their's were completely legitimate?

Does the SDSU turnover that led directly to NDSU's first TD not count? How about the 12 yard punt by SDSU, which basically amounts to a turnover...that didn't count either. Or how about the two drive-extending unforced penalties that SDSU committed leading to NDSU's only other TD - do those matter? They allowed that drive to go from a daunting 40+ yard FG, to an easier 20 yard FG, to a TD. But those don't count, right? SDSU played perfect while the Bison were sub-par and still couldn't beat the mighty Bison.
                    I never said SDSU played a perfect game. I said NDSU gave them every opportunity to win and they didn't. You can return that by saying SDSU gave NDSU every opportunity to win and guess what, NDSU did enough with that to win. If NDSU plays like that again, I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if SDSU won, because SDSU probably won't play like that again(giving away penalties late and such).

Learn to read what people are saying instead of what your stereotypes of their fanbase leads you to think they are saying.

Comment

... You can return that by saying SDSU gave NDSU every opportunity to win....
                      And here's a Bison fan setting down rules for message board responses. These guys never cease to amaze!

Comment

Of course its never that some NDSU fans come across as arrogant...

Comment

Some fans of other teams have such inferiority complexes when it comes to dealing with NDSU folks.
                          I laughed out loud reading that gem. The Bison fans are most fortunate in that the NDSU coaches and players appear to not have such oddball attitudes as a few of the fans.

Thanks for the good humor.

Uh, you were trying to be funny, weren't you?

(What's going on with some of them? Do they have secret meetings and drink the same kool-aid as one infamous Bison fan who has been banned on most message boards?)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            I laughed out loud reading that gem. The Bison fans are most fortunate in that the NDSU coaches and players appear to not have such oddball attitudes as a few of the fans.

Thanks for the good humor.

Uh, you were trying to be funny, weren't you?

(What's going on with some of them? Do they have secret meetings and drink the same kool-aid as one infamous Bison fan who has been banned on most message boards?)
                            Lakes doesn't like me too much. And yes, some folks have some weird complex when it comes to dealing with Bison fans.

Comment

Lakes doesn't like me too much. And yes, some folks have some weird complex when it comes to dealing with Bison fans.
                              Would those folks be wearing green and pink, having no mascot?
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

... And yes, some folks have some weird complex when it comes to dealing with Bison fans.
                                And there you have it: when some (certainly a small minority) fans of the upcoming opponent say something is true, it must be so.

I wonder why they bother visiting other message boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X