Jacks vs. Bison take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Bison take 2

Bison Media Blog preview for the game....

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/201...ayoff-preview/

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      According to the Massey Ratings, the Bison are favored to win 23-16, and the Jacks' have 31 percent chance of inning the game. We'll need to eliminate the bonehead mistakes we made last time and get some sustained drives from the offense. And those drives need to result in touchdowns. Win the turnover battle and no special teams gaffes. This is what it's going to take. We can win, but there's no question the Bison are the favorite.One question, though: If the announcer has to be "neutral" and can't announce it when "That's another BIIIII-zon, first down," will NDSU fans know to cheer? Do they know a first down without being told about one? Will they know a score without the cannon going off?OK, sorry for that. Clearly a cheap shot. I'll keep it clean from here on.
      Many bison fans prefer the playoffs because we don't have to listen to him either.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        apparently 500 people acquired tickets in a half hour today, per TV's tweet:
        SDSU sold all of its allotted tickets for the FCS playoff game at NDSU in 32 minutes today.

That's a little misleading. The player tickets for their parents were taken out of the 500 before they started to sell today. I found this out because I was number 35 in line at the ticket office and became the first person to buy SRO tickets because they were sold out of regular tickets. Thought I would be fine (35x4=140)...but I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape Ape View Post
          That's a little misleading. The player tickets for their parents were taken out of the 500 before they started to sell today. I found this out because I was number 35 in line at the ticket office and became the first person to buy SRO tickets because they were sold out of regular tickets. Thought I would be fine (35x4=140)...but I was wrong.
          People were also calling in and ordering tickets while you were standing in line. I called about 1:40 and it was sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            People were also calling in and ordering tickets while you were standing in line. I called about 1:40 and it was sold out.
            I understand that. They had one person manning the phone lines and two people selling at the ticket booth. I doubt they could have sold much more than 80 tickets by phone in twenty minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

One question, though: If the announcer has to be "neutral" and can't announce it when "That's another BIIIII-zon, first down," will NDSU fans know to cheer? Do they know a first down without being told about one? Will they know a score without the cannon going off?

OK, sorry for that. Clearly a cheap shot. I'll keep it clean from here on.
              I didn't think those were cheap shots. Each question posed is a question the NDSU athletic office must consider so I think they're fair questions for the message board.

Comment

Originally posted by Grape Ape View Post
                I understand that. They had one person manning the phone lines and two people selling at the ticket booth. I doubt they could have sold much more than 80 tickets by phone in twenty minutes.
                I think you need to reconsider your math. First of all, 250 tickets were set aside for the players families, with 250 sold through the ticket office. There were two windows and two phone lines. I was eighth in line at the ticket windows and I know they handled at least one person each minute (and several ahead of me were faster than that). But one per minute, means 4 buyers at 4 tickets each, which is 16 tickets per minute x 20 minutes = 320 tickets. It was not hard at all to believe they sold 250 in the 25 minutes before announcing SRO tickets. (The windows opened at five minutes before 1 p.m.)

It is too bad that more tickets can't be allotted to the visiting team in the FCS playoffs, but 500 is the minimum they have to offer and that's what the Bison did to us. Since it holds 19,000, it would have been barely fair to allow the team that was visiting 1000 tickets. Onward and upward!

Comment

I'll take the Bison by two touchdowns(I'm an NDSU student, bit of a homer yeah?). I expect a good hard fought game. I think that week off certainly helped NDSU, and I think playing this week helped SDSU.

NDSU isn't a team who needs a boost in confidence. Very confident bunch who have already won a championship and know how to win. Got a week to rest, get healthy, and prepare for one of two teams. Now they have an extra week to get ready for a team who they are familiar with, and who is familiar with them.

SDSU came into the dome and kept it close. Played great defense, and honestly, kept us nervous throughout the game. Great ground game as well. I expect a great effort from them.

I don't think we learned a whole lot in the first game. Neither offense played well, though something tells me the defenses may have had to do with that. Both teams were sloppy(turnovers, penalties, missed opportunities).

This game, the dome will be loud. Anyone who thinks noise is pumped in is an idiot by the way. It is a building with 18-19,000 fans' noise held inside. It gets loud just like any other full building can get. Anyone who was in that building for the playoffs last season acknowledges that those games probably changed the way Fargodome fans are cheering now. I expect both offenses to be pretty mediocre. I expect Zenner to get his touches, but not a big amount of yards. Tough to run against the Herd, just like it is against the Rabbits this year.

Anyone who makes the trip, drive safe, have fun, enjoy some drinks and food. Oh...and do go off on me for having an opinion! That happens to fans of other teams on BV sometimes.
                  North Dakota State University
                  11 Time National Champions
                  '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    I think you need to reconsider your math. First of all, 250 tickets were set aside for the players families, with 250 sold through the ticket office. There were two windows and two phone lines. I was eighth in line at the ticket windows and I know they handled at least one person each minute (and several ahead of me were faster than that). But one per minute, means 4 buyers at 4 tickets each, which is 16 tickets per minute x 20 minutes = 320 tickets. It was not hard at all to believe they sold 250 in the 25 minutes before announcing SRO tickets. (The windows opened at five minutes before 1 p.m.)

It is too bad that more tickets can't be allotted to the visiting team in the FCS playoffs, but 500 is the minimum they have to offer and that's what the Bison did to us. Since it holds 19,000, it would have been barely fair to allow the team that was visiting 1000 tickets. Onward and upward!
                    One of my friends called 194 times in 30 minutes or so and never got through. They were definitely receiving quite a few phone calls.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      I'm feeling lucky. Whats the Powerball at now?
                      So now we're comparing SDSU's outlook this weekend with winning the lottery? Interesting odds...

Comment

I expect this to be a hard fought game that could go either way. The Bison have the better team and the home crowd but its is a rival game and funny things can happen. I expect the Bison to win by a score.

But you Jack fans may be getting a little ahead of yourselves with all this world beater talk. Yeah you guys have played two great games and are "hot" team but lets be honest the competition wasn't exactly high quality. USD is a complete joke and EIU didnt appear to be much better.

I am nervous, but its the playoffs, who wouldnt be... I can guarantee you that the Bison will be ready to play and you will get our best effort.

Travel safely and see you on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                          We? You play on the team? Or have connections at SDSU? That will be your only way to get a ticket......

While Danger has avoided engaging for obvious reasons, I will. Yes, he is very qualified to be one of the people that uses we on this board.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                            While Danger has avoided engaging for obvious reasons, I will. Yes, he is very qualified to be one of the people that uses we on this board.
                            In solidarity with Danger, I will use "we" in the context that "we" will win the game this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                              I expect this to be a hard fought game that could go either way. The Bison have the better teaM and the home crowd but its is a rival game and funny things can happen. I expect the Bison to win by a score.

But you Jack fans may be getting a little ahead of yourselves with all this world beater talk. Yeah you guys have played two great games and are "hot" team but lets be honest the competition wasn't exactly high quality. USD is a complete joke and EIU didnt appear to be much better.

I am nervous, but its the playoffs, who wouldnt be... I can guarantee you that the Bison will be ready to play and you will get our best effort.

Travel safely and see you on Saturday!
                              Gotta love BVille posters who come over here and make declarations like the Bison are the better team and expect it to be accepted as unchallenged truth on this board. We'll see. And no one on the planet can "guarantee" that their team will give their "best effort." You can hope for it, and you can even THINK your team is the best, but hoping and thinking does not make it fact.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                                Gotta love BVille posters who come over here and make declarations like the Bison are the better team and expect it to be accepted as unchallenged truth on this board. We'll see. And no one on the planet can "guarantee" that their team will give their "best effort." You can hope for it, and you can even THINK your team is the best, but hoping and thinking does not make it fact.
                                Not sure how you can argue NDSU isn't the better team, we are 10-1, won the Valley outright and did beat you guys in the process. Not saying it will be easy to do so again but those are the facts. I am expecting another hard fought game.

Comment

Working...
                                X