Jacks vs. Bison take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jacks vs. Bison take 2

Having said that, if there is a Bison fan that isn't at least a little concerned with a red hot Jacks team coming up there for a sudden death playoff game, they're lying to themselves.

Comment

This season, the Bison took their first lead in the Dakota Marker series. This game obviously wouldn't count toward that series record, but would be the biggest victory BY FAR for either team in the Div 1 era head to head match-up.

This Jackrabbit team will have their work cut out for them, but they should have the right amount of confidence heading north. Here's to hoping that the Bizun team is as over confident as their kool aid drinking faithful. Go Big! Go Blue!! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
        I almost feel like making an account for bisonville just so I can tell them how much of a f-ing joke their forum is...

Are they all 13 or something?
        You're welcome to visit Bisonville anytime.

Feel free to stop by the FFD on Friday, as well.

Who gives a darn about who's nervous about what. It's going to be a darn good game, methinks*

*third time's a charm?

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
          Just not so much of the "Allahu Akbar!" type zealotry
          Don't think you get one without the other.

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
            Bison fans merely watch the game. The players play the game and last time I checked they are defending national champions and have beaten sdsu 3 times in a row. They are not scared. Bison fans are anxious.
            ahhh suckered you right in gabe.. excellent defenses

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I for one, am not nervous about this game.

Will the Jackrabbits win? Odds are against it, but the Jackrabbits will certainly be less intimidated than most any other team that would've had to go to the Fargodome and probably have the best odds out of anyone in the field of winning there, but they still have only won there once since JFK was President. People keep saying the 'rabbits will have to play perfect or almost perfect ball to win. That's the case every week.

Saturday can't come fast enough.
              We seem to be getting perfection down pat according to the last game.Will the Bison be mistake free also,if they aren't, it could be a long,disappointing day.What i really expect is a war between these two teams.Neither one is gonna give the other one an inch if they can help it.This has the earmarks of a great,great, game.....Go Jacks!

Comment

I have as much if not more respect for the Jacks than any Bison fan, but I expect a 3 score victory for the Bison in this one. Bummed this game couldn't have been in Frisco or at least in the Quarters or Semis.

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing SDSU tan some buffalo hide!
                  Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

Five keys to win:
                    - Running game gets 100-plus yards. That should mean offense is sustaining drives.
                    - No special teams breakdowns
                    - No sideline brain freezes
                    - At least one extended drive in the first quarter - no initial 3s and outs to set bad game tempo and make the homer-dome announcer and fans a factor
                    - Two high-impact plays from defense that directly lead to points - i.e., big stop, big pick, or fumble recovery that gives Jacks superior field position.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Five keys to win:
                      - Running game gets 100-plus yards. That should mean offense is sustaining drives.
                      - No special teams breakdowns
                      - No sideline brain freezes
                      - At least one extended drive in the first quarter - no initial 3s and outs to set bad game tempo and make the homer-dome announcer and fans a factor
                      - Two high-impact plays from defense that directly lead to points - i.e., big stop, big pick, or fumble recovery that gives Jacks superior field position.
                      Apparently in the playoffs the announcer has to be neutral, so none of the usual things will take place during this game.

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON View Post
                        I wouldn't mind seeing SDSU tan some buffalo hide!
                        Looked at your post total on this board and was surprised it was at 177.

Must of had a lot to talk about after our last game against Georgia Southern

I kid. Thanks for the support, even though I'm quite positive it's because you think it would be easier to beat us than NDSU in the later rounds.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

The difference between the announcer at CAS vs. USD and vs. Eastern Illinois was neglibigle - if they have to remain impartial, you WILL notice a difference Saturday in Fargo. But then, how do you enforce it? Homer Police? Doubtful.

Comment

Like most Jacks fans I think I was disappointed when the brackets were first released. After thinking it over for a week, I'm not sure there is any place in the country our team would rather play a road game at besides NDSU (as compared to App St., Montana St., Eastern Washington, etc) We are familiar and won't be intimidated this game. This is a special senior class who has been playing pissed off since that last loss and wants nothing more than takin it to the bison. NDSU thought they would have easy games til the semis, instead they get a hot team that wants to take them down more than any other team in the country. I'm not blind, I know the Bison are more talented than us and will win this game 80/100 times. I'm also not stupid and know that this potential match up is one that we could most definitely take from them.

Jacks win 16-14 and Syravotka (sp?) nails 3 field goals as their bend but don't break defense doesn't allow us to get red zone TDs (the TD comes from a Zenner run outside the Red Zone).
                            Last edited by mnjackrbt; 11-26-2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                              ...I know the Bison are more talented than us and will win this game 80/100 times....
                              I respectfully disagree and I think the justification for my disagreement will be apparent Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                                I'm not blind, I know the Bison are more talented than us and will win this game 80/100 times. I'm also not stupid and know that this potential match up is one that we could most definitely take from them.
                                According to the Massey Ratings, the Bison are favored to win 23-16, and the Jacks' have 31 percent chance of inning the game. We'll need to eliminate the bonehead mistakes we made last time and get some sustained drives from the offense. And those drives need to result in touchdowns. Win the turnover battle and no special teams gaffes. This is what it's going to take. We can win, but there's no question the Bison are the favorite.

One question, though: If the announcer has to be "neutral" and can't announce it when "That's another BIIIII-zon, first down," will NDSU fans know to cheer? Do they know a first down without being told about one? Will they know a score without the cannon going off?

OK, sorry for that. Clearly a cheap shot. I'll keep it clean from here on.
                                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X