Eastern Illinois University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eastern Illinois University

Looking forward to doing my part as a fan in the stands to support the team. Will be fun to see what kind of noise the 'rabbits can make this postseason!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Tyler M. said that EIU hasn't played on grass in 4 years
      Yet for some reason we want to give up our home field advantage. Seems crazy for us to get fake grass.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Just ordered and printed a few more tickets for the Coyote side of the family. We're making it part of the Thanksgiving celebration. An SDSU win will make this Jackrabbit very thankful.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Any clue how ticket sales are going? Not sure I believe they needed an 'extra day' because of demand. I was guessing a computer problem. Hopefully I'm wrong.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Interesting. High-powered passing attack against a stingy defense. Sounds like the secondary will get a workout. We best get pressure on the QB with our DL. I wouldn't object to a little wind. :-)Any thoughts on how busy the ticket office is? I assume there are some growing pains going through this for the first time. But interest in tickets must be strong for them to be so busy. That's encouraging. I have a call into them and am trying to be patient in waiting for it to returned.After reading a variety of stories and info, I'm inclined to say we probably weren't slighted by the committe. Well, not much, anyhow. I could see us being one of the last at-large teams in, frankly. Probably not THE last, but close. My bigger beef is a lack of respect for the conference and potentially matching two Valley teams in the second round. I understand the geography of it, but I think it would have been better to send the winner of our game to Montana State. No use trying to figure it all out, though, I guess. I'll be there Saturday hooting and hollering and backing the Jacks.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
              Interesting. High-powered passing attack against a stingy defense. Sounds like the secondary will get a workout. We best get pressure on the QB with our DL. I wouldn't object to a little wind. :-)Any thoughts on how busy the ticket office is? I assume there are some growing pains going through this for the first time. But interest in tickets must be strong for them to be so busy. That's encouraging. I have a call into them and am trying to be patient in waiting for it to returned.After reading a variety of stories and info, I'm inclined to say we probably weren't slighted by the committe. Well, not much, anyhow. I could see us being one of the last at-large teams in, frankly. Probably not THE last, but close. My bigger beef is a lack of respect for the conference and potentially matching two Valley teams in the second round. I understand the geography of it, but I think it would have been better to send the winner of our game to Montana State. No use trying to figure it all out, though, I guess. I'll be there Saturday hooting and hollering and backing the Jacks.
              Goes to show you how a signature out of conference win and non-conference schedule is so important. A team that finished behind us in the MVC and who was beaten worse at home by NDSU than we lost to them in the Fargo Doom got a better draw.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Yet for some reason we want to give up our home field advantage. Seems crazy for us to get fake grass.
                Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Goes to show you how a signature out of conference win and non-conference schedule is so important. A team that finished behind us in the MVC and who was beaten worse at home by NDSU than we lost to them in the Fargo Doom got a better draw.
                  Pure geography. And everybody best get used to it because it's going to happen every time two Dakota schools are in the playoffs and at least one of them isn't seeded. Not saying I like the situation, but it is what it is.

Comment

I'm wondering how our pass defense will match up. I hope they stay in 2 WR sets because the more WR's they put out there the tougher it will be for us. Both our offense and defense look to the sidelines(a lot) to get the play in. On offense it doesn't matter but will we have enough time to get set before they snap the ball on defense?

This is a true battle of different type teams. SDSU has allowed 31, 28, 27 and 21 points. The rest of their games, they have allowed 14 points or less. Eastern Illinois has only scored in the 20's twice. They have scored 65, 59, 58 and 51 points in some of their games. I don't see our offense scoring 65 points(their's either). The question I have is how many points will our defense have to hold them down to so our offense can win the game?

Comment

From what I have seen on film they love receiver screens. If we play a 3-4 and tighter man this will be taken away and they are not good enough to beat us with much more. If we sit in zone it will be a long day.

Comment

As much as we aren't happy. Eiu isn't either. Win your confrence and travel for the first round no bye weekk. Then if they win the go back to the dakotas and play the number one team in the country.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Jacks win, fairly convincingly, if they win time of possession. Eastern Illinois seems disinterested in defense. They gave up twice as many points and over 1,350 more yards than the Jacks did. They gave up over 50 points three times and 48 and 49, respectively, in other games. They gave up 222 yards rushing in a win against Tennessee Tech. Pound them and show the same passing game as against the Coyotes and the Jacks should be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                            Pure geography. And everybody best get used to it because it's going to happen every time two Dakota schools are in the playoffs and at least one of them isn't seeded. Not saying I like the situation, but it is what it is.
                            Totally disagree. It's not pure geography when the second-place MVC team gets a worse seeding outcome than the third-place MVC team. Furthermore, Jacks were on the bubble more than Illinois State if you read the comments of the selection committee. That had nothing to do with geography. With regard to Illinois State, it is all about that BCS win, which was my original point.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              I'm wondering how our pass defense will match up. I hope they stay in 2 WR sets because the more WR's they put out there the tougher it will be for us. Both our offense and defense look to the sidelines(a lot) to get the play in. On offense it doesn't matter but will we have enough time to get set before they snap the ball on defense?
                              Once a coach figures out that they can throw 5 to 7 yd routes ALL DAY on our defensive scheme. Our goose will be cooked, IMO. But then I'm no football coach. I must know nothing.

Comment

I know 4 Bison fans (myself included) that will be in attendance to watch some good football. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X