• Show
Clear All

Re: Trophy series for SDSU vs. USD game

Story in the Argus is here:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Reading this story on more depth got me excited as it involves not just football players but all athletes and it also incorporates academic performance as well.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        Who made the decision? I think the timing stinks...nothing should be done to distract from Saturday's game at NDSU, our most heated rivalry and one that has particular importance this Saturday.

I recognize I don't have a vote but if I did, it'd be NO.
        The Jacks have an opportunity to go to Fargo and win the conference outright. I'd be shocked and appalled if any player or coach was distracted by this. Stig preaches 1-0 every week for as long as he has been here. Never has that been more relevant nor should he have to remind anyone in that locker room

Who'd a thunk at the beginning of the year that the game in Fargo would be bigger for the Jacks than the game against USD? We can win the conference Satuday! Enough said!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

On a side note, we're going to whip their butts in wrestling, baseball, and equestrian!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Not a huge fan of this. Wouldn't this have been a great idea to show before we played them in other sports? Natural rivarly games don't need trophys. Considering football has one already with usd2. I like the marker game because that's a show bwteeen sxchools who made the jump togheter and the trophy makes sense what it is.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              On a side note, we're going to whip their butts in wrestling, baseball, and equestrian!

SUPERBUNNY
              And mens and womens basketball
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

I don't like the idea.......keep the Dakota Marker as that was the first one and is pretty cool!! USD doesn't deserve it!

Comment

A scale replica of the World's only Corn Palace, I can see it now.

While I'm thinking of it - can someone come up with hats/headgear - think block of cheese (Packers) or corncob (UNebraska) - only it's an orange carrot - with green leaves? I think it would be cool. GBGBGJ!!

Comment

Better an old metal bushel basket.

I do like the headgear idea. The running jackrabbit would make good headgear also.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

big bowl of corn pops?

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Reading this story on more depth got me excited as it involves not just football players but all athletes and it also incorporates academic performance as well.
                        Yeah, it's not a game trophy, rather a series trophy. Sadly, those losses in volleyball and soccer could come back to bite us in the butt when the points are tallied at year's end. Those are contests we simply should have won.
                        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

why are we talking about this? We have the biggest game of the year in 3 days and the focus is on a stupid trophy for a game against a 1 win team. this is why I was not in favor of playing usd again.......good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by jack43 View Post
                            why are we talking about this? We have the biggest game of the year in 3 days and the focus is on a stupid trophy for a game against a 1 win team. this is why I was not in favor of playing usd again.......good grief.
                            I couldn't agree more.

I don't like that they made a trophy for this series, but it's garbage that they made the announcement for it this week. Just another example of why I like the rivalry with NDSU is better: Competition with the Bison is for league championships while competition with the Yotes is for the cellar.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

LOL at all the hate on the timing. I doubt the players are thinking about it, much less care about it as the trophy is not won or lost next week. It provides competition not only on the field but also in the classroom. I think it's a good idea. Keeps a friendly competition on and off the field. If the players are distracted by a simple trophy series, than how can they be focused on the field and not more likely to make a mistake.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by HARE1 View Post
                                big bowl of corn pops?
                                ding ding ding. We have a winner. Did you see it already or how did you know?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X