X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackFan96
    replied
    Re: Future Schedules

This maybe isn't the best place for this thread since it's a sticky, but the mods can move it if they wish. If we're not going to get another home game next fall, which is better...seven road games or just sticking with six? Portland State is a game we should, in theory, win. Just interested in what feedback everybody has. I guess I'd be inclined to take the extra game, some money and/or a future return trip to Brookings (return trip would be preferred) and, with a little luck, the win.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I dont care if we have to get cupcakes to come in or some bottom FCS in a 2fer1 deal, but we need more home games. If we have more then 11 games during the year I would rather us get home games. I think we should have enough go relationships with other programs so if we have to do a 1and 1 series thats fine, but not at the expense of having 7 road games and only 5 at home. I can imagine how tough it really is to peice together but I think that if we play 12 games we deserve 6home and 6 road. Im gonna get on my soap box again but if we want to make a new stadium worth building and profitting from having larger attendances, when we can, we need 6 home games.

Leave a comment:

• poppa1
    replied

Teams do not want to travel to Brookings, because it is hard to get to you can't fly into Brookings. Also they do not think their chances of winning are to good.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    Possibility of a return game? I'm not against 7 road games, if they bring in future home games. If its a guarantee might as well play a lesser FBS team like a MAC or a MWC opponent. Something that gets money, but isn't on the physical level of a Big10/12/SEC team
    That would be two FBS games. Won't happen.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    Coach Stig makes it sound like a 6th home game next year is highly unlikely. There is an offer on the table to play AT Portland State. That would be 7 road games next year.
    Possibility of a return game? I'm not against 7 road games, if they bring in future home games. If its a guarantee might as well play a lesser FBS team like a MAC or a MWC opponent. Something that gets money, but isn't on the physical level of a Big10/12/SEC team

Leave a comment:

Working...
X