X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mitchellrabbit
    replied
    Re: Future Schedules

Does anyone know how single game tickets for the bison game will work this year? Two years ago they didnt go on sale to the public until really close to the game. Is that going to be the same this year?

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I would think that budgets play a big part in what is offered. ISU pockets may not be that deep, and Dixie is kind of in a position where it takes whatever it can get.
    Very true.

A - never thought Dixie State would be in Utah
    B - Traveling in late November could be the reason they asked for/got more money
    C - Looks like a pretty empty schedule still

I would agree with you that SDSU probably over-offered based on ISU's offer. Bloomington does have it's own airport, might have helped traveling expenses there.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
    Or ISU locked in the weekend before SDSU got there. Dixie wanted a premium payment to play so far away from home on consecutive weekends.
    I would think that budgets play a big part in what is offered. ISU pockets may not be that deep, and Dixie is kind of in a position where it takes whatever it can get.

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    It does not make sense based on miles traveled. St George Utah is about 1360 miles from Brookings and St George is about 1600 miles from Normal I’ll. About 300 more miles to ISU. I think in setting up a schedule, Dixie had a pick of several offers, and SDSU was more generous. The people scheduling at SDSU possibly did know about ISU low ball offer.
    Or ISU locked in the weekend before SDSU got there. Dixie wanted a premium payment to play so far away from home on consecutive weekends.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I find it interesting that they will travel to Brookings to play one week and make $200K and the very next week they travel to Illinois State and make $85K.
    I'm sure there are some factors in the difference but that seems like a big difference to me.
    It does not make sense based on miles traveled. St George Utah is about 1360 miles from Brookings and St George is about 1600 miles from Normal I’ll. About 300 more miles to ISU. I think in setting up a schedule, Dixie had a pick of several offers, and SDSU was more generous. The people scheduling at SDSU possibly did know about ISU low ball offer.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Jacks paying Dixie State $200K to come to Brookings on Nov 14, 2020.

Their first season of FCS play will be 2020. They will be an FCS Independent. Interesting date for the game too.

https://fbschedules.com/dixie-state-...ure-schedules/
    I find it interesting that they will travel to Brookings to play one week and make $200K and the very next week they travel to Illinois State and make $85K.
    I'm sure there are some factors in the difference but that seems like a big difference to me.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Jacks paying Dixie State $200K to come to Brookings on Nov 14, 2020.

Their first season of FCS play will be 2020. They will be an FCS Independent. Interesting date for the game too.

https://fbschedules.com/dixie-state-...ure-schedules/

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Honestly, if our future non conference schedule consisted of 1 power 5 FBS, Augie, and a home/home with MSU/UM/SHSU type each year, I'd be fine with that. From a ticket sales perspective, Augie at home will out draw a UAPB, and honestly might out draw some of the others mentioned too. In years where we have a home game against a good FCS squad, we could play Augie on the road. When alot of our fans are coming from SF, we'd funtionally have 7 home games each year. Throw in the fact that in any given year, we will have a road game at both UNI and Fargo, or at both UND and USD. Suddenly, 8-9 of our 11 games are at home or within a 4 hour drive. That sounds pretty good to me.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

#augie

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    FCS counter game > 2 FBS games >>>>>>> non-D1

Playoffs! That is what it's about.
    Correct -

FCS counter game > Arkansas Pine Bluff every year and we score 90+ each time > 2 FBS games >>>>>>> non-D1

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

FCS counter game > 2 FBS games >>>>>>> non-D1

Playoffs! That is what it's about.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

As long as the Jacks are playing FCS teams at home, I'm fine with the schedule. Until fans start forking over much bigger donations, we can't ask for more than that. Also, to start next season, the Jacks will play an improved FBS Gophers' team. So SDSU's two new coordinators and new quarterback will be strongly tested from the get-go.

Leave a comment:

• JimmieTuba
    replied

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Wow, we've become like USD fans and wanting to schedule easy. I mean seriously, if we can't beat a bottom of the barrel Southland/OVC/Big South/etc team then the MVFC will chew us up and spit us out anyway. Now maybe we contacted all those teams about a one-of and they said no, then I guess fine. But no one here is going to convince me that a crappy bottom two of the MEAC game is anything but a joke. The only benefit is that it's a counter. Everything else about it sucks.
    Let's apply your thought process to FCS teams. Say goodbye to playing anyone in the P5 and hello to MAC (maybe). More than likely you would be playing teams in CUSA or Sun Belt. Maybe you would enjoying going to those games, I will pass on that. If the Jacks can't schedule a Big12 or Big 10 team, then I would rather see them play at home.

Edit: You also assumed that they went straight to DSU and didn't try other options. I doubt that an east coast team was their first choice. Some one with less travel cost was probably their preference.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Lol. Fact. I don’t envy the schedulers at SDSU.
    I dont either. What do you do when Delaware and I dont mean Delaware State tells you they will not travel to Brookings. I dont think we will ever get a return game from them although we went to their place. That's on them.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Wow, we've become like USD fans and wanting to schedule easy. I mean seriously, if we can't beat a bottom of the barrel Southland/OVC/Big South/etc team then the MVFC will chew us up and spit us out anyway. Now maybe we contacted all those teams about a one-of and they said no, then I guess fine. But no one here is going to convince me that a crappy bottom two of the MEAC game is anything but a joke. The only benefit is that it's a counter. Everything else about it sucks.
    Apparently you haven’t paid attention to how schedules are made across the country. Your top teams have a “tough” H/H agreement, an FBS, and a patsy. That’s at FBS level too. Montana has a home DII for crying out loud. Look at ndsu’s schedule since the 2016 season. Then look at home UNI has scheduled. There’s a reason UNI has struggled in the first half of the season and it’s not just because they’re UNI. The goal is to prove yourselves in the playoffs, NOT in the first three weeks of the season. You can stick the USeD comment right where the sun don’t shine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X