Hobo Week begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Week begins

RT‏@marcustraxler New post on the Take from @traviskriens: The #FCS media poll from all angles. Plus, why bother with them at all? http://bit.ly/VliJ3Z
    Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
    Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Happy Hobo Week and Hobo Day Jackrabbits!

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
        Happy Hobo Week and Hobo Day Jackrabbits!

Go State!
        I never noticed this in my 71 years, and that is Willie is wearing spats. Spats were worn by the upper class or wealthy at the turn of the centrury. Willie might have been living a different life style a few years earlier or he is pretending to be wealthy. Who knows. This symbol was on all the free text book covers given with purchase of books at the SA Bookstore during my student days, but we dont see as much of him in current days. Different era and different things to promote.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I never noticed this in my 71 years, and that is Willie is wearing spats. Spats were worn by the upper class or wealthy at the turn of the centrury. Willie might have been living a different life style a few years earlier or he is pretending to be wealthy. Who knows. This symbol was on all the free text book covers given with purchase of books at the SA Bookstore during my student days, but we dont see as much of him in current days. Different era and different things to promote.
          I think the spats make Willie an even more accurate reflection of the true hobo mentality -- wear whatever you can find.
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
            I think the spats make Willie an even more accurate reflection of the true hobo mentality -- wear whatever you can find.
            That too make sense. Spats went out about start of WW1. The dumpsters were probably full of them.

Comment

I love this weather for the game. Snow today, dry this afternoon, Friday and Saturday, highs in the 40's. this plays into the Jacks favor. Youngstown hasn't had this weather yet. I checked, it is going to be 81 today in Youngstown, 70 tomorrow. They are going to get off the plane with cold and wind and they are not going to like it.
              Our team was built for these type of conditions, we practice on grass, we play on grass in these conditions all week.
              Prediction, Jacks win comfortably by 13.

Comment

Working...
              X