Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game day uni

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    Bad game. Move on. Beat YSU and you're 6-2 and need two of the last three to get in the playoffs.
    24+ hours have passed and I'm now there, JimmyJack.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      The reason we lost is pretty plain and simple, we wore the blue pants instead of the yellow pants...simple as that I tell ya!!!
      I will take the blame along with a feloow co worker form football alum. It was our fault. I was in omaha digging and building retaining walls and moving earth to put a nice brick patio at my brothers and I wore an old sdsu shirt to get drity so I didn't wear my normal sdsu game day shirt. 2 times I didn't wear it this year we lost. He has worn the same sdsu polo shirt to work on fridays every week this fall but 2. The same 2 weeks I didn't wear my game day shirt and the same 2 losses. I will make sure we both do our part to make sure that doesn't happen again this year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I will take the blame along with a feloow co worker form football alum. It was our fault. I was in omaha digging and building retaining walls and moving earth to put a nice brick patio at my brothers and I wore an old sdsu shirt to get drity so I didn't wear my normal sdsu game day shirt. 2 times I didn't wear it this year we lost. He has worn the same sdsu polo shirt to work on fridays every week this fall but 2. The same 2 weeks I didn't wear my game day shirt and the same 2 losses. I will make sure we both do our part to make sure that doesn't happen again this year.
        I would also like to apologize, to my fellow students, fans, and the football players, I couldn't take the itchiness anymore and shaved my Hobo Day beard. The last time I shaved was the Sunday after KU up until yesterday. I also didn't wear my Beast shirt that I wear every gameday. I let alot of people down this weekend, for that I am eternally sorry.

Oh well, time to start a new superstition this week.....Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Watched the game on Jackrabbit Extra...now, looking forward to hearing Stig's comments on the Jackrabbit Insider which will start in a minute or so. I'll post if there's anything new.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            I would also like to apologize, to my fellow students, fans, and the football players, I couldn't take the itchiness anymore and shaved my Hobo Day beard. The last time I shaved was the Sunday after KU up until yesterday. I also didn't wear my Beast shirt that I wear every gameday. I let alot of people down this weekend, for that I am eternally sorry.

Oh well, time to start a new superstition this week.....Go Jacks!!!
            So I assume your going to start growing th beard again.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Stig comments on Jackrabbit Insider (my rough typing while he's talking):

The first half was a great example of stats don't mean anything...we give them the ball, we give them a fake punt...
              I thought our offensive staff put together a good running game for Zach...everyone did their job but we needed a complete game and didn't do that.
              Sumner: ran the 1 minute drill at end of first half to perfection.
              Defense: we did not stop them...did not tackle Johnson, the big running back. They controlled line of scrimmage particularly in the second half.
              Injuries: We had a bunch of guys get beat up.
              Tyler M: Still 3-1 in the conference....Saturday.... Stig: Big part of this is going to be our mental approach...learn from it...mental confidence will be a big part of this game.
              On Youngstown: Good team. Don't know what's happened of late but look at the scores, their Defense has struggled of late... spread team has given us some problems.

After the interview with the Coach, Tyler showed highlights from the 2008 Cereal Bowl: SDSU 40, YSU 7. I sure recall that game...Ryan Berry QB, Kyle Minett carrying; Jaron Harris catching...defensive interceptions and sacking the QB...fun day. We need to do that this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Stig comments on Jackrabbit Insider (my rough typing while he's talking):

The first half was a great example of stats don't mean anything...we give them the ball, we give them a fake punt...
                I thought our offensive staff put together a good running game for Zach...everyone did their job but we needed a complete game and didn't do that.
                Sumner: ran the 1 minute drill at end of first half to perfection.
                Defense: we did not stop them...did not tackle Johnson, the big running back. They controlled line of scrimmage particularly in the second half.
                Injuries: We had a bunch of guys get beat up.
                Tyler M: Still 3-1 in the conference....Saturday.... Stig: Big part of this is going to be our mental approach...learn from it...mental confidence will be a big part of this game.
                On Youngstown: Good team. Don't know what's happened of late but look at the scores, their Defense has struggled of late... spread team has given us some problems.

After the interview with the Coach, Tyler showed highlights from the 2008 Cereal Bowl: SDSU 40, YSU 7. I sure recall that game...Ryan Berry QB, Kyle Minett carrying; Jaron Harris catching...defensive interceptions and sacking the QB...fun day. We need to do that this Saturday.
                I wacthed that about the game with youngstown and thought why don't we roll sumner out. Give him the chance to get away from pressure and if nothing there just throw out of bounds. It might make the safety hold for a second or get the corner to turn his head allowing a wr to slip past. And honestly I love those unis. My all time favorite. I don't think we will ever top those. Kinda miss those years when we could put 40 points up in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I wacthed that about the game with youngstown and thought why don't we roll sumner out. Give him the chance to get away from pressure and if nothing there just throw out of bounds. It might make the safety hold for a second or get the corner to turn his head allowing a wr to slip past. And honestly I love those unis. My all time favorite. I don't think we will ever top those. Kinda miss those years when we could put 40 points up in a game.
                  Heres another thing to think about with our anemic passing attack- We have a 6'5 and a 6'6 tight end who rarely get looked at in a game. In fact not one ball was thrown their way last Saturday. Our 3 tight ends have caught a total of 15 balls in 7 games- an average of 2 receptions a game- Look how tight ends are used in the NFL and at all levels and I feel we need to incorporate them more into our scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                    Heres another thing to think about with our anemic passing attack- We have a 6'5 and a 6'6 tight end who rarely get looked at in a game. In fact not one ball was thrown their way last Saturday. Our 3 tight ends have caught a total of 15 balls in 7 games- an average of 2 receptions a game- Look how tight ends are used in the NFL and at all levels and I feel we need to incorporate them more into our scheme.
                    Vince Benedetto dropped third and 4 pass with about 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Not saying the TE's are being utilized properly, but there was a drive killing drop by one of our tight ends when the score was still 7-0. My memory could be off, maybe it was a bad pass by Sumner.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                      Vince Benedetto dropped third and 4 pass with about 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Not saying the TE's are being utilized properly, but there was a drive killing drop by one of our tight ends when the score was still 7-0. My memory could be off, maybe it was a bad pass by Sumner.
                      U might be right- just don't recall that The thing I can remember clearly though are the times we throw our TEnd out as a WR when we empty the backfield

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
                        U might be right- just don't recall that The thing I can remember clearly though are the times we throw our TEnd out as a WR when we empty the backfield
                        I don't claim to be the greatest football mind,but,why would you play a TE as a WR?To my way of thinking,TE's are big powerful guys who play at the line,who also have great pass catching abilities,not great break away speed.Why put them in the open field,kind of out of their element?

Comment

The great thing about this board is that all of the coaches will be on here looking for ideas on how to scheme for the next game. No doubt they've learned some valuable stuff from all us geniuses on here. It took me a while but I've finally turned the page On to Youngstown!

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            The great thing about this board is that all of the coaches will be on here looking for ideas on how to scheme for the next game. No doubt they've learned some valuable stuff from all us geniuses on here. It took me a while but I've finally turned the page On to Youngstown!

SUPERBUNNY
                            To discuss,or not to discuss,thats up to each individual to decide.Don't care if coaches read this message board or not,as I was under the impression it was intended for fans of SDSU athletics to share ideas and thoughts.Thanks for the commentary anyway.

Comment

My thoughts:

-SDSU cannot get behind by more than 1 score. Our running game is good enough to beat almost anyone, but if we are forced to pass to catch up, we are in big trouble. The UNI game is the first game we were trailing by 2 scores at halftime.

-The 1 minute drill before half was excellent. It seemed like we hit stationary receivers during that drive, whereas most of our offense relies on hitting on moving receivers. I'm sure a prevent defense had something to do with it.

-Our average offensive scoring play is over 41 yards, with 11 of 14 touchdowns coming from outside the 20. Stop the big play, stop our offense.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Best thing about the UNI game is that its over. UNI exposed most of SDSU's weaknesses and won handily. The Jackrabbits have trouble scoring as highlighted by SF's last point. SDSU does not sustain drives and once in the red zone there seems to be very little that they can do to get the ball into the endzone.

On to YSU and Hobo day. A bounce back win and a sharp performance will go along way for this team this year and for that matter the program as a whole. A loss on Saturday likely indicates that this Jackrabbit team is not playoff caliber or playoff ready.

The turnover ratio needs to be in SDSU's favor in each of the next 3 games or they will be losses.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X