Game day uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game day uni

Late to the party here, but with what's been shared in the recent posts it's easy to see it's not neccessarily (sp) a scheme thing with the offense. Our skill guys are just not that good. Watching UNI's skinny's and then watching our skinny's and it's night and day. I was less than impressed with our receivers both in skill and effort.

This also bugs me, but I'm sure its a sign of the times and with what's available, but we run so many guys in and out of the offense how does anyone get in a rhythm of the game. We had four different TE's play. If that was part of that group I'd be pissed that I wasn't on the field more, and if I wasn't good enough to be I'd do what it takes to be "the guy". And if you're going to run four in and don't have the skill guys on the outside for gosh sakes game plan some passes to the TE's. And yes, totally biased on that opinion based on my history with the team, but holy crud, use what you have or find someone that works and use him.

And yes, Moss is greatly missed, that's easy to see.

The early pick hurt bad. But I also think the fake punt (with the missed holding call) hurt equally as bad as they put points on the board with that drive too.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I was making a generalized statement, not one meant to be taken entirely literally. I watched UNI play the Badgers to the last second here in WI so I'm aware that they weren't necessarily "toilet". My point was that they were a struggling team with a young QB with a passing game that had been struggling to get going. With one game and some big plays, they seemed to be really playing well on offense. I'm hoping that is something the Jacks can experience with their passing game at some point in the season.

Jake - I forgot about the fake punt. That was a killer. Especially because the entire right side of their line and the upbacks pulled immediately and none of the Jacks defenders recognized it.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        I was making a generalized statement, not one meant to be taken entirely literally. I watched UNI play the Badgers to the last second here in WI so I'm aware that they weren't necessarily "toilet". My point was that they were a struggling team with a young QB with a passing game that had been struggling to get going. With one game and some big plays, they seemed to be really playing well on offense. I'm hoping that is something the Jacks can experience with their passing game at some point in the season.

Jake - I forgot about the fake punt. That was a killer. Especially because the entire right side of their line and the upbacks pulled immediately and none of the Jacks defenders recognized it.
        Seems like thats a trend we give up a few fake punts every year. if we dont get pressure on the line I would think we would be able to set up for a better return then we have had.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Closed circuit to Aramark - You had better be planning on a huge run on hot chocolate tomorrow. Water sales will probably be a little slow. Thanks! Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Didn't want to speak out of line, but I think it's time. The receiving game is not good and that is likely the greatest part of the reason the Jacks can't pass. My source is well informed and the fact is we can't scheme any more than we are because we can't execute the current simple schemes. That isn't Sumners fault. Dale Moss is sorely missed.
            I just can't buy into this jackmd. Kool was an all-conference receiver two saeasons ago. Rollin has tools to make him succesful. Now, maybe they aren't executing. That could certainly be and was suggested a couple posts ago. I would never know. There is talent there to be a lot better than what we have shown.

We've all hashed thing over enough. Time to play the game tomorrow and then start this whole mess over again, or not. Let's hope not. We can all agree on that!

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
            Last edited by SUPERBUNNY; 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM. Reason: wrong person quoted

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              I just can't buy into this Nidaros. Kool was an all-conference receiver two saeasons ago. Rollin has tools to make him succesful. Now, maybe they aren't executing. That could certainly be and was suggested a couple posts ago. I would never know. There is talent there to be a lot better than what we have shown.

We've all hashed thing over enough. Time to play the game tomorrow and then start this whole mess over again, or not. Let's hope not. We can all agree on that!

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
              I said what????????? No where have I critized the receiving game, nor have I been tough on the passing game. I leave these things to the coaching staff to work out. I am not one to make detailed arguements about passing or receiving. I know so little about game to get into these kind of pis* fights. So next time check to see whose post you are commenting on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I said what????????? No where have I critized the receiving game, nor have I been tough on the passing game. I leave these things to the coaching staff to work out. I am not one to make detailed arguements about passing or receiving. I know so little about game to get into these kind of pis* fights. So next time check to see whose post you are commenting on.
                My apologies Nidaros. It was jackmd's post. Sorry for the mistake. Edited my post. Carry on.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

My apologies Nidaros. It was jackmd's post. Sorry for the mistake. Edited my post. Carry on.

SUPERBUNNY
                  Apology accepted. I made the same mistake many times on here believe it or not. I could not resist the Hollywood affect in point it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Apology accepted. I made the same mistake many times on here believe it or not. I could not resist the Hollywood affect in point it out.
                    Ha, no problem. Was pretty shocked when I logged in and saw the post. Felt like you were yelling at me. I didn't think I said anything terribly controversial (other than crediting you for the post) so it was suprise.

Let's get a win!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Yeah size means anger on the web, my apologies. Lets get a win tomorrow.

Comment

I just can't buy into this jackmd. Kool was an all-conference receiver two saeasons ago. Rollin has tools to make him succesful. Now, maybe they aren't executing. That could certainly be and was suggested a couple posts ago. I would never know. There is talent there to be a lot better than what we have shown.

GO JACKS!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                        I'm just the messenger. I was told this when I asked about the difficulties in the passing game. I'm not asking anyone to buy anything.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X