Beef Bowl - What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beef Bowl - What's for dinner?

Enough about all this passing game and trap game junk! Let's get to something more important and that we can all agree on!

What's everyone making for tailgate?

Not very creative here, we're going with Chislic. Beer + Chislic = Tailgate perfection!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Beef Bowl - What's for dinner?

In Mankato we will be making fajitas and stuffed jalepenos and washing it down with some windsor coke. Then streaming the game over the Jackrabbit Extra.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm smoking about 6-8 racks of loin back ribs Friday night/Saturday morning along with a few pounds of chicken wings. Haul them to Brookings and reheat on the grill for Saturday. Wash it down with an Octoberfest or 5 and things are looking good.

Planning to do a shrimp boil for Missouri State. Pretty excited about that too.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

dang it now i am hungry. my family has season tickets but usually not able to tailgate. I think next year I am going to try to talk them into tailgating. I feel like i am missing out on so much.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Lots of Beef in the Barrel -

Comment

Wish I could make the Beef Bowl, it has become the unofficial reunion game for a lot of former Jacks. Usually a great turnout, I am looking forward to watching the game online.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              dang it now i am hungry. my family has season tickets but usually not able to tailgate. I think next year I am going to try to talk them into tailgating. I feel like i am missing out on so much.

We dont tailgate either. We use to when Trevor Hohn was playing and we would tailgate with his family and friends. Always a lot of fun. Now we just go to Cubbys or somewhere, eat and have a few drinks. Probably good enough for us old people.

Comment

So to start a little thread drift becuase i am to lazy to start a new thread. but since the beef bowl seems to have more hype for it and attendance is usually the second best game after hobo days. Would it be a good idea to move it to the first home game? get a bigger crowd, see if that leads to more people to come for the 2nd home game then have the cereal bowl. also why not hype the heck out of the cereal bowl which always for being such great weather is not as good attendance as it should be IMO. Hobo days or big games do fine in late oct or nov but the first game in sept can often be our worst attendance game. My thoughts are make it a Cereal/military appreciation bowl. maybe even get the camo unis to auction off after the game for a fund raiser. Make it like a dorm wars challenge so the dorm with the most in attendence gets a free pizza party for the whole dorm or something like that. Anyways just a random thought i wanted to share. I always wonder why we cant get a good crowd say 14K with such great weather in sept. Beef bowl sure is fun and attendance is usually better too so I am really looking forward to it like usual.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Hobo Day.

Singular.

Day.

One.

Hobo Days only proper when referring to a series over several years as in: Goon was crazy smashed on each of the nine Hobo Days during his undergraduate years.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Hobo Day.

Singular.

Day.

One.

Hobo Days only proper when referring to a series over several years as in: Goon was crazy smashed on each of the nine Hobo Days during his undergraduate years.

I meant hobo days as in their is more then one of them. and I was only an undergrad for 7 years and i didnt get smashed till after the game.....My parents would always come to visit and i was in the band. Being in the marching band was the 7 best years of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Enough about all this passing game and trap game junk! Let's get to somethinng more important and that we can all agree on!

What's everyone making for tailgate?

Not very creative here, we're going with Chislic. Beer + Chislic = Tailgate perfection!

SUPERBUNNY
                      Free tickets for the Beef Bowl BBQ so that will be my main course. Brats as a warm up. Bringing some excellent spinach and artichoke dip as well.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

3 foot french bread, split. Put down some split smoked sausages as the base, then some cheese, top with beef brisket and some cheese, top with a sweet vinegar and onion slaw, then top with chicken fried bacon. Slice it like a subway party sub.

Hopefully JackMD has his paddles somewhere *CLEAR*
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                          3 foot french bread, split. Put down some split smoked sausages as the base, then some cheese, top with beef brisket and some cheese, top with a sweet vinegar and onion slaw, then top with chicken fried bacon. Slice it like a subway party sub.

Hopefully JackMD has his paddles somewhere *CLEAR*

ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-bacon?!?!

BACON!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

So I brought up the idea of getting a tailgating spot for the family and dad looked like he was about to smile in delight until the wives crushed that dream. Sigh. Guess I will just have to settle for zestos after the game. Been our tradition for years anyways. Always had a special place for zestos. Along with nicks and cubbies they got me threw many a hungry day in brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              So I brought up the idea of getting a tailgating spot for the family and dad looked like he was about to smile in delight until the wives crushed that dream. Sigh. Guess I will just have to settle for zestos after the game. Been our tradition for years anyways. Always had a special place for zestos. Along with nicks and cubbies they got me threw many a hungry day in brookings.
                              Just tailgate where you park. That's what we do. No need for a spot in the backyard.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                              X