• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri State-Beef Bowl

This has Trap Game written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
      I'll make it a point to stop by the SDSU Alumni Tent before I head up to the Press Box.
      Sorry no Alumni Association tent on Beef Bowl weekend. Because Animal and Range Science uses the Beef Bowl BBQ as a fund raiser we don't "compete" with them by giving food away. It is the only home game that we don't have a tent. See you all on Oct. 13th.

Go State!

Comment

Trouble in bear country - saw this on TV's blog

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

my take on this game, Missouri St comes out and keys off Zenner because with the thumb problem and passing he is all the offense the Jacks have right now. ( Ind St game total offense 348 Zenner 237, Davis game total offense 237 Zenner 197, Loosiana game total offense 439 Zenner 278, Kansas game total offense 411 Zenner 183 plus add in 44 yds in catches all games so far). they try to shut him down and just key off Gandy when he comes in. Unless Sumner comes in and can start hitting some passes it may be a long day. I see the rest of the league taking note and gearing towards shutting down Zenner. Luckily with him, he has the ability to take a small hole in the line and bust it long. Rollin, first game back last week was probably a little gun shy about getting hit so don't fault him at all. Sumner just needs to settle down and do what he did last year, if it aint open run it up field. course after reading the post on problems at Missouri St. they may not do what I wrote about because they aint thinking straight right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit View Post
            Sorry no Alumni Association tent on Beef Bowl weekend. Because Animal and Range Science uses the Beef Bowl BBQ as a fund raiser we don't "compete" with them by giving food away. It is the only home game that we don't have a tent. See you all on Oct. 13th.

Go State!
            This makes sense. Jackrabbit1 will have spring for a beef plate, I believe they run about 8 bucks, same as any sandwich at Perkins.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              Trouble in bear country - saw this on TV's blog

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
              Ouch. That's one thing i like about Stig., he would never throw a player under the bus like that.

Comment

It looks like TA is on his way out into the unemploymennt line.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  agreed

Comment

I didn't make the UC Davis game so I'm *really* looking forward to this game.

As stated by SturgisJeff earlier, Mo. St. will obviously game plan to stop Zenner. That was Indiana States game plan too.

Question is, is the Mo St. defense better than Indiana State defense?

Jacks by 2 scores.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We could let our guard down and yes it would be very embarassing to lose to MSU. Their program based on the last press conference and the local sports columnist appears to be in disarray. I would not be surprised to see a coaching change at MSU by the season's end. Its kind of sad too, Terry Allen has won at other places but not here. We best be on guard take it when the door opens.

Comment

I suppose you could look at it that way although I prefer to be more optimistic.

With regard to that, allow me to express that I feel confounded by this post based on a post you made as it pertained to the Indiana St. game. It seems to me that you are suggesting in the current post that a belief by the fans, players, and coache that this team should win Saturday suggests an arrogance that may result in the players and coaches overlooking Missouri State. Your previous post seemed to suggest that an attitude of expectation to win is part of what is lacking at SDSU. Here is that post:

"Whaaaaaaaaaaa....??????

So an 0-11 season is okay if we play okay? You'd honestly take a well-played loss over a sloppy figured-out-a-way-to-win?

C'mon, people, don't overthink this. You gotta win games like this to be a contender in Big Boy football. Period, paragraph, Tweet over.

I hate to cite Bisonville on anything, but they'd drum parsings like this out of their midst in less time than it takes to say "another 6-5 and I'm okay - you're okay season." And they'd be absolutely right.

Will a loss usher in a total season failure? Maybe Not. Can we call ourselves legitimate contenders if we don't win? Absolutely Not.

What's the goal here - to win it all, or to be PrettyGoodTryers?"
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree with your point spread. I am hearing Mo State is better than its 0-4 record. they played Kstate and Lousiville and were competetive until the 4th quarter. The clearly outgained Southern Ill but could not score. Do NOT think this is going to be a show up and win game. I bet that is what Coach Stig is beating into his players all week at practice.

M.State will come out spread all over the field and throw, throw and when they get tired they will throw some more.

In front of 14,000 + fans the Jacks will win by - Rowdy had it right - two scores.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          I didn't make the UC Davis game so I'm *really* looking forward to this game.

As stated by SturgisJeff earlier, Mo. St. will obviously game plan to stop Zenner. That was Indiana States game plan too.

Question is, is the Mo St. defense better than Indiana State defense?

Jacks by 2 scores.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            I suppose you could look at it that way although I prefer to be more optimistic.

With regard to that, allow me to express that I feel confounded by this post based on a post you made as it pertained to the Indiana St. game. It seems to me that you are suggesting in the current post that a belief by the fans, players, and coache that this team should win Saturday suggests an arrogance that may result in the players and coaches overlooking Missouri State. Your previous post seemed to suggest that an attitude of expectation to win is part of what is lacking at SDSU. Here is that post:

"Whaaaaaaaaaaa....??????

So an 0-11 season is okay if we play okay? You'd honestly take a well-played loss over a sloppy figured-out-a-way-to-win?

C'mon, people, don't overthink this. You gotta win games like this to be a contender in Big Boy football. Period, paragraph, Tweet over.

I hate to cite Bisonville on anything, but they'd drum parsings like this out of their midst in less time than it takes to say "another 6-5 and I'm okay - you're okay season." And they'd be absolutely right.

Will a loss usher in a total season failure? Maybe Not. Can we call ourselves legitimate contenders if we don't win? Absolutely Not.

What's the goal here - to win it all, or to be PrettyGoodTryers?"
                            ??? One was a response to an assertion that a loss was okay if the team played well. The trap game observation came after consecutive 22-, 25- and 28-point victory predictions on this thread. I won't call them arrogant predictions, but I would call them bullish. Mo State is an 0-4 team that you'd think would have little to lose, has been playing well defensively, and has a veteran coach. I expect a win and hope Jacks win but if the team goes in thinking it's four touchdowns better . watch out. When's the last time Jacks beat an MVC team that badly?

Comment

Missouri State comes in with a wide open passing attack, our D-Line id going to have to get after the quarterback all night long or we could be in trouble.

Comment

I expect a win and hope Jacks win but if the team goes in thinking it's four touchdowns better . watch out. When's the last time Jacks beat an MVC team that badly?
                                By four tds? Sept. 19 2009 vs Indiana St. (41-0).

I know, I know, it was a rhetorical question, but I got curious.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X